Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dead Servers

Riogha
04.26.2012 , 09:04 AM | #1
I play on rogue moon Eu server and to be blunt it sucks bigtime, each planet as perhaps 5 players logged in on a daily basis, fleet can be anywhere from 10-40, once long ago fleet had 50 at peak times and this was a rare occasion.
My question is this, do i move servers in the hopes of getting into a busy one, or do i just hold out for mergers/ transfers. Also why can't we see the server populations per server, would make choosing one far easier. Definately don't want to reroll if possible, i have Legacy 40 on this server.

Is this population decline from bad managment from bioware with too many servers or people leaving becuase of inconsistant poorly implemented patch's bug fix's, CRS failures?. Where are the 2.2million subscribers they flaunt about in the PR interviews.

If your server is feeling like this please bump/post your views, lets see what bioware have to say if hey actually read these forums.

Leggomy
04.26.2012 , 09:08 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Riogha View Post
I play on rogue moon Eu server and to be blunt it sucks bigtime, each planet as perhaps 5 players logged in on a daily basis, fleet can be anywhere from 10-40, once long ago fleet had 50 at peak times and this was a rare occasion.
My question is this, do i move servers in the hopes of getting into a busy one, or do i just hold out for mergers/ transfers. Also why can't we see the server populations per server, would make choosing one far easier. Definately don't want to reroll if possible, i have Legacy 40 on this server.

Is this population decline from bad managment from bioware with too many servers or people leaving becuase of inconsistant poorly implemented patch's bug fix's, CRS failures?. Where are the 2.2million subscribers they flaunt about in the PR interviews.

If your server is feeling like this please bump/post your views, lets see what bioware have to say if hey actually read these forums.
Reroll. The server transfers are months out of not next year sometime. Even then they will probably cost $25. Doesnt seem worth it to me.

Riogha
04.26.2012 , 09:17 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Reroll. The server transfers are months out of not next year sometime. Even then they will probably cost $25. Doesnt seem worth it to me.
Hmm, dunno if its worth continuing to play, rerolling a 2nd time is kinda pissy, Have 2 others on Arto city pvp its the same over there.

Leggomy
04.26.2012 , 09:30 AM | #4
Hmm, dunno if its worth continuing to play, rerolling a 2nd time is kinda pissy, Have 2 others on Arto city pvp its the same over there.
Well thats a decision youd have to make on your own. I am just saying if you are waiting on transfers to be put in probably will be some time next year. Game has only been out for 4-5 months now you could re-roll and be back where you are before they have transfers most likely.

paaqo
04.26.2012 , 09:50 AM | #5
Someone else posted a similar comment about dead relm's. Being on a low pop server myself Im lucky to say Im in a guild with friend's n such, so it's not too bad and we do have a good rosta of player's.

I do think that it's time that Bio should start to consolodate server's they have an idea of who has not subbed to the game for over a month or two and actual data flow on the really low populated server's including what they consider peak flow times.

VicSkimmr
04.26.2012 , 10:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Literally none of that is fact and it goes completely against what the devs have been telling us.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Leggomy
04.26.2012 , 10:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VicSkimmr View Post
Literally none of that is fact and it goes completely against what the devs have been telling us.
What? Since when? They have said it will be some time before the transfer system is in place. You think they are going to do all this work for free? They said the APAC was simply a prototype that needs to be mainly handled manually. The system for everyone will be automated and will cost something. They never said anything about free transfers. Other games charge $25 I bet they will also.

Riogha
04.26.2012 , 10:14 AM | #8
Well i'm going to play the open beta of Gw2 this weekend, i can' bare another ghostown again on RM, most days i've read a book while queuing for wz's . I'd stil like to know where the promoted 2.2m players are in Swtor, cos i'd say RM as perhaps 250 player intotal , rep / imp.

Leggomy
04.26.2012 , 10:16 AM | #9
Well i'm going to play the open beta of Gw2 this weekend, i can' bare another ghostown again on RM, most days i've read a book while queuing for wz's . I'd stil like to know where the promoted 2.2m players are in Swtor, cos i'd say RM as perhaps 250 player intotal , rep / imp.
I dont know how you can tell who plays. On my server I thought it was dead too but then I joined a guild. The guild has at any one time 50-100 people on. I think if you foudn a good guild to join it would improve your experience.

Fubarge
04.26.2012 , 10:19 AM | #10
Just want to pipe up and say, they are not doing it for free. They are doing it for 15$ a month. My friends and I just re-rolled to a more populous server, and it seems to have been a good move, though it was super annoying to have to re-level all the way to 50 again. That said, if they chose to charge for server transfers, i will still buy it. I just wish they would give us an ETA for them.

To quote a sentiment i've been reading around the forums lately, cool beta, when do you release the retail version?