Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Apology to the Galactic Republic

Maaruin
04.26.2012 , 02:49 PM | #11
Malachor’s Inferno

Erlunas’ head seemed clear now. How could I think like that? she asked herself. I won’t do it. I will never turn to the dark side. She said to herself. But still, if she had come that close to this point only hours ago… she couldn’t be sure. Guards had fixed her on the interrogation table again. And soon Nox would be back.

When Nox came in she immediately assaulted Erlunas with lightning, as painful as she could. Erlunas screamed under it. Nox didn’t stop that early this time. Only after Erlunas had fallen unconscious.

Then she slapped Erlunas' face to wake her up.

"I don't get rest, why should you?" Nox snarled, "you have failed. Now, accept the Dark Side...nothing else can save you, Jedi."

“No, I…” Erlunas paused. “I think you have failed. You didn’t succeed in turning me, or Ashara, or even Kira.” She lowered her defenses again.

Nox gets enraged upon hearing Kira's name, "do not speak her name! You will succumb to the Dark Side or perish painfully..."

“I… I don’t want to die,” Erlunas answered. “…but… I have to, don’t I.”

"Now now, dear, Ashara wouldn't like if you died," Nox sneered.

“How do you want to punish her?” Erlunas asked. She couldn’t help, but her voice already had an angry undertone.

“She will be broken for her treachery, she will wish she never crossed me like that," Nox sneered, "Do you want to save her,” she asked cruelly and came closer, her face only a few centimeters away from Erlunas’.

“How, Nox, how could I do it?” Erlunas asked.

"Accept the dark side as your ally, swear your loyalty to me, then you will have Ashara spared her punishment." Nox replied with an icy tone to her voice

“That is…” Erlunas started, but then she stopped. Falling to the dark side to save her friends. Wouldn’t that be noble? A real sacrifice?

She imagined herself in the future. Darth Quethe, Apprentice of Marka Ragnos. But with a light secret. She would have fallen to save others. Wouldn’t that be true greatness.

And in the end, I’ll be what I will be
No loyal friend was ever there for me

She imagined herself as the tragic hero. Like those from old songs.

Don’t say, goodbye
Don’t say, I didn’t try

This is… nonsense. She realized. And then she laughed out loud. Partly it was a real laughter, partly she just mocked the idea.

Nox glares at Erlunas, "well, Jedi? What will it be?"

Erlunas looked into Nox’s eyes. Even if she had no eyes on her own. “No.” was all she said.

"You must have a death wish!" Nox shouted angrily as she sent eight lightning bolts at Erlunas. Erlunas screamed again. Darkness came back. She felt the claws of death.

"You have doomed yourself and your friend, Jedi," an enraged Nox hissed.

Erlunas didn’t answer. She had made her decision. Hopefully she wouldn’t turn back. Hopefully.

Nox hissed and assaulted her again. She briefly assaults Erlunas' mind, then follows up with a lightning barrage at center mass.

“Damn it, I have gone through that before, not again!” Erlunas shouted out desperately.

Nox ignores Erlunas and fires more lightning, seeking to make her suffer.

Just a little longer, Erlunas thought.

And then? A little longer. What awaits you? She heard Ragnos’ voice. Nothingness. You are no Sith. You can’t hold on to your life. You will vanish like smoke.

When Nox assaulted her again, Erlunas could barely hold her consciousness. She felt how she was fading. And it became scary. The abyss.

"This is the price for your defiance, dear," Nox spoke.

Erlunas didn’t say anything. There was no hope anymore. At least she felt none. Only what was left of her will kept her. She could break any second. But she would try…

Very quietly, nearly whispering, words came from her mouth. An old song she had sung at a temple as a child.
“Through many dangers, toils…” words were missing; she was too weak for all of them. Her view was fuzzy.

“…have already come…” even now despair could be heard through her voice. But it was one single spark of hope for her.

"Don't mock me!" Nox snarled as she assaults Erlunas with lightning once again.

After a while she stopped. Erlunas lips began to move again. Nox leaned over, her ear close to Erlunas’ mouth. So she could hear her.

“T'was Force that brought me safe that far…” A longer pause followed. Several weak breaths. And then her weak voice. “The Force…. will lead… me… home.”

Erlunas view became dark when Nox screamed in anger and attacked her again. But instead of falling into darkness, she heard something like the sound of the sea. Peace overcame her. And through the Force she conveyed her final thoughts:

It’s over, Nox. The Force has set me free.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Ardim
04.26.2012 , 04:11 PM | #12
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

DarthThuzad
04.26.2012 , 04:35 PM | #13
R.I.P. Erlunas

Nox: Kriff off, you're supposed to be on my side.
Warlord Vashara Azear the Infernal
<Nova Imperium>
Major Thrinna Rainor

xWKSxTabor
04.26.2012 , 04:43 PM | #14

Karaiblis
04.26.2012 , 05:24 PM | #15
I no believe it!11!!
/mourn
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari

Ardim
04.26.2012 , 09:31 PM | #16
Well I just discovered something on Wookieepedia. If Isaac had to follow a Code, this one would fit him perfectly:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Je%27daii_Code
The Alabaster Legacy

Maaruin
04.26.2012 , 10:08 PM | #17
Rest in Peace, Erlunas, you deserve it, I think. Mourn her, my friends, but keep in mind that in the end, she won.
(And thanks for the song, Kara.)

I just asked myself: Did she die as a Sith? She quoted the Sith Code at the end Inspired by Ardim I developed her version of the Sith code:

Peace can be found.
Through passion, you may gain strength,
through stregth, you may gain power,
through power, you will fight in countless battles,
until you fall.
For every chain you break, a new chain will bind you.
The Force can set you free.

Well, of course she was a Jedi.

And Ardim, if you want to see a really, really crazy code, check out Darth Ruin.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Ardim
04.26.2012 , 10:24 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Rest in Peace, Erlunas, you deserve it, I think. Mourn her, my friends, but keep in mind that in the end, she won.
(And thanks for the song, Kara.)

I just asked myself: Did she die as a Sith? She quoted the Sith Code at the end Inspired by Ardim I developed her version of the Sith code:

Peace can be found.
Through passion, you may gain strength,
through stregth, you may gain power,
through power, you will fight in countless battles,
until you fall.
For every chain you break, a new chain will bind you.
The Force can set you free.

Well, of course she was a Jedi.

And Ardim, if you want to see a really, really crazy code, check out Darth Ruin.
Epic code. Think we'll see Erlunas as a ghost?

Wow. Ruin is a bit... Narcisstic.
The Alabaster Legacy

Maaruin
04.26.2012 , 10:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
Epic code. Think we'll see Erlunas as a ghost?
Probably. But she couldn't pull off that Medius technique. Disappearing and stuff. Her body is still fixed at an interrogation table on Nox's station. But it's an empty shell now.

Quote:
Wow. Ruin is a bit... Narcisstic.
Or even worse. We don't have enough information. But it is possible that he thought he was the only one who existed and all the others were nothing but an illusion.
-Ajunta Pall

Ardim
04.26.2012 , 10:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Probably. But she couldn't pull off that Medius technique. Disappearing and stuff. Her body is still fixed at an interrogation table on Nox's station. But it's an empty shell now.

Or even worse. We don't have enough information. But it is possible that he thought he was the only one who existed and all the others were nothing but an illusion.
Becoming a Force Ghost isn't really a Medius technique.

So, he's more crazy than Noxy. Oh joy
The Alabaster Legacy