Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sages need to be nerfed more

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sages need to be nerfed more

Evil_Santa
04.25.2012 , 03:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Too late bro, they allready gutted the meaningful dps spec that can drop ~20k in 3 secs spread out to 3 people at once and wont be going back.

Single target damage for a Sage is still great having weakened mind + mind crush ticking after Force in Balance debuff is on while double dipping physic projection. The problem is mana now and it runs out.
Yeah it hate the lack of force on my sorc with the 0/13/28 build. There's been at least 10 times today already i'll have less than 1k health, and less than 50 force, just praying for someone to kill me so i can get topped off.
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

SWKatria
04.25.2012 , 03:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dzhokhar View Post
All damage matters. If it doesn't directly kill someone, it still has at least one of the following effects:
1) It taxes the healer's resources.
2) It makes it easier for someone else to kill the person.
3) It forces the person to go out of combat to self-heal (which, in many cases, may have a larger impact on the outcome of the match than killing the person).
Not really. If you take 90% of my health and die and I heal to full while you run back you've pretty much done nothing at all. We can rinse and repeat that all day.

Dzhokhar
04.25.2012 , 03:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalgred View Post
Well then you haven't played that much... i have seen Jedi Guardians and Sith Juggernauts score over 700K damage... I remember even seeing a Sith Juggernaut score almost a million... he was like 50k away...
That's irrelevant to my point. In a lot of those matches where a Jugg got 700k damage, there was also a Sorc with 500k damage and 200k healing. I'm talking about cases (in 10-49 Warzones, where 300k damage is exceptionally rare) where a Sorc has 400k damage AND 100k healing while NOBODY else in the entire match has over 150k damage or 50k healing (and the ones with >40k healing have <100k damage).

Again, maybe it's because the idiots on the opposing team completely ignored the Sorc, and it might be because it's 10-49 and other classes scale better with high-end gear than Sorc/Sages, but in my (fairly extensive) 10-49 PvP experience, Sorc/Sages seem to be the only class that can regularly put up numbers that make the rest of the Warzone look bad.

SWKatria
04.25.2012 , 03:31 PM | #24
That's irrelevant to my point. In a lot of those matches where a Jugg got 700k damage, there was also a Sorc with 500k damage and 200k healing. I'm talking about cases (in 10-49 Warzones, where 300k damage is exceptionally rare) where a Sorc has 400k damage AND 100k healing while NOBODY else in the entire match has over 150k damage or 50k healing (and the ones with >40k healing have <100k damage).

Again, maybe it's because the idiots on the opposing team completely ignored the Sorc, and it might be because it's 10-49 and other classes scale better with high-end gear than Sorc/Sages, but in my (fairly extensive) 10-49 PvP experience, Sorc/Sages seem to be the only class that can regularly put up numbers that make the rest of the Warzone look bad.
I'd like to see some screens of this, because it's not what I'm seeing at all.

Dzhokhar
04.25.2012 , 03:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SWKatria View Post
Not really. If you take 90% of my health and die and I heal to full while you run back you've pretty much done nothing at all. We can rinse and repeat that all day.
If I don't have a teammate jumping you while you're at 10% health, either there's something seriously wrong or you'd be more useful somewhere else (actually participating in combat).

Calista_ZK
04.25.2012 , 03:38 PM | #26

1- you really cannot compare 10-49 wz and 50
2- lol@ 100 k healing, as a DPS spec sage, with bubble, and self-heals, that is almost useless, really- it really doesn't help the team THAT much, I throw up bubbles on people and get 70 k

You are really focussing on an AC that has been nerfed .... and looking at numbers that are fairly low as well, and not even at endgame WZs.

Trineda
04.25.2012 , 03:40 PM | #27
Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of sages, we will be closing this current thread. Thank You!