Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BM gear price is right, BUT....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BM gear price is right, BUT....

Sanduval
04.25.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1
Every other vendor allows you to buy gear that is higher level than you can use. But not the BM vendor!
Why! I do a lot of low level pvp, in the hope by the time I hit 50 I would be competitive. Nope. Now, I can stock 2k
Wz tokens prior to hitting 50, so that's weapon and earpiece? Then the grind.. Now I am not being asked to be handed war hero gear, but let us use our War one tokens for gear that is usefull for longer than 2-3 levels.

JHoltJHolt
04.25.2012 , 11:05 AM | #2
I'm pretty sure it's designed like that, so you can't walk into 50 pvp wearing full BM gear.
Topper Harley - Level 50 Jedi Cousular Sage Healer

Darth Malak

Sanduval
04.25.2012 , 03:27 PM | #3
Correct, it is a design choice: a bad one.

Balrizangor
04.25.2012 , 03:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanduval View Post
Every other vendor allows you to buy gear that is higher level than you can use. But not the BM vendor!
Why! I do a lot of low level pvp, in the hope by the time I hit 50 I would be competitive. Nope. Now, I can stock 2k
Wz tokens prior to hitting 50, so that's weapon and earpiece? Then the grind.. Now I am not being asked to be handed war hero gear, but let us use our War one tokens for gear that is usefull for longer than 2-3 levels.
Most MMOs (actually all that I have played which is about 10+) have never allowed a player to buy PvP gear before they could use it ...
In umbris potestas est ("In the shadows, there is power")

Why Haven't They Fixed My Bug?? - I'm not the Author but it is a great read.

AtomicDP
04.25.2012 , 03:46 PM | #5
It is SIGNIFICANTLY easier to get commendations in 10-49 pvp. Why? I will tell you why. Say a group of high 40s decided they wanted to gear themselves out for 50, they would create a premade and decimate lowbies for days upon days until they got every piece of gear they could dream of. Now they get to 50. What do you do at 50? Well, you have all the gear already so that time sink is lost, not to mention you have no experience fighting other classes at level 50 and you'll most likely get bored within a few days because why continue playing 50? You get killed by people who have taken the time to learn how to play against other 50s, and you can't progress gear-wise because you have it all. 10-49 PVP is not representative of actual PVP at 50, because most people are level 10-20 in that bracket, and are easily killed by level 40 players who gain a false sense of "skill" by doing so. Letting people buy gear for 50, before 50, is INCREDIBLY counterintuitive.
THE STARSHOOTER LEGACY