Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plan to fix Resolve?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Plan to fix Resolve?

Derian
04.23.2012 , 11:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by aarka View Post
Some classes have skills that make them immune to cc or movement imparing effects for short periods of time.
I am about to make this my sig. LOL.
Synion
Shards of Alderaan/Republic Justice

Jedi Sentinel-Watchman
Jedi Conqueror

HelinCarnate
04.23.2012 , 11:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by doromleynek View Post
ever since 1.2 hit Resolve does nothing. Im getting really tired of PvP when I am stunned/dazed for 20+ seconds in a row and cant do anything about it

does bioware not realize that resolve is broken or have they got plans because i have not seen them address this
Yup, like others have said. Post a vid of it not working.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

rotatorkuf
04.23.2012 , 11:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
I don't think most of you get the point about resolve complaints. I get the huttball, i know im going to be stunned. i pop my defense buff. with a 3 second stun and 4 poeple whacking away, you're lucky if you make it past that. if you do then resolve works fine, but more often than not, there is no making it thru the first barrage, so you pop your breaker only to be stunned again and finished off.
I don't personally believe the resolve system is broken; I think it sucks.

while we're on the subject what's up with poeple without full resolve just shaking off my electrocute, or low slash? not I stun them and they pop their breaker, more like i stun them and they keep on a walking past like nothing happened.
also, dodge/resist

Darth_Philar
04.25.2012 , 06:55 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by doromleynek View Post
ever since 1.2 hit Resolve does nothing. Im getting really tired of PvP when I am stunned/dazed for 20+ seconds in a row and cant do anything about it

does bioware not realize that resolve is broken or have they got plans because i have not seen them address this
Two points:

First, your anecdotes are pretty useless when compared to actual testing that shows Resolve is working exactly as Bioware intends it to work.

Second, your statement about being stunned for 20+ seconds in a row is either an intentional misrepresentation, a hyperbolic indicator of ignorance, or a misunderstanding of what a "stun" actually is.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

LenrocNewDawn
04.25.2012 , 07:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
I don't think most of you get the point about resolve complaints. I get the huttball, i know im going to be stunned. i pop my defense buff. with a 3 second stun and 4 poeple whacking away, you're lucky if you make it past that. if you do then resolve works fine, but more often than not, there is no making it thru the first barrage, so you pop your breaker only to be stunned again and finished off.
I don't personally believe the resolve system is broken; I think it sucks.

while we're on the subject what's up with poeple without full resolve just shaking off my electrocute, or low slash? not I stun them and they pop their breaker, more like i stun them and they keep on a walking past like nothing happened.
What is your team doing while you are getting pounded as ball carrier? Scratching their own balls? Then you deserve to die and lose the game. Nuff said o7.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

broganthomas
04.25.2012 , 07:14 AM | #16
I think resolve should be more sensitive depending on the class.

Brakoo
04.25.2012 , 07:20 AM | #17
Bad thread Resolve sucks...

Better Thread

Amounts of Resolve generated by Sentinel/Marauder Controlling abilities and possible imbalances caused by them.

Now that Sentinels can come to me and stun lock me from 100% to kill There Resolve generated needs to be increased. Operatives experienced a similar nerf, Should not Sentinels be in the same boat?
Nadd's Sarcophagus
Brakoo
Micah
"Maybe I shouldn't keep my AOE taunt and ooc mezz bound next to each other"

ACTroyan
04.25.2012 , 07:27 AM | #18
the problem is not the resolve system alone but the time to kill combined with the speed your resolve fills up is retarded.

cycao
04.25.2012 , 07:30 AM | #19
I thought they said resolve is working as intended...roots and snares do not add to resolve, which is working as intended. I use to hate resolve like the first few lowbie warzones I did 4+ months ago but now I understand it and its not that bad.

HollowVamp
04.25.2012 , 07:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
Resolve is only broken to people with broken brains.

To the rest of us, its all fine, thank you.
you do realize it is broke, and SOME stuns are not generating any resolve right?
It's not the GREAT who are STRONG
It's the STRONG who are GREAT