Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative/Scoundrel = useless classes in pve and pvp after the 2x nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Operative/Scoundrel = useless classes in pve and pvp after the 2x nerf

Migrayn
04.24.2012 , 08:32 PM | #11
If your a pve operative dont try to speak for all operatives. Pvp is a completly different game. Any healer can do pve. Only pvp has the real challenge of complete unknown circumstances. Things change constantly in pvp.

No one can effectivly heal in pvp now witb the changes to expertise. Its a pure dps race. Throwing hots out on the move is mobile yes, but it wont keep anyone alive it only pads stats. The instant heal probe is usefull but againe not really strong enough to keep anyone alive under focus.

The real issue is for those that want to dps. Just because a few ops and scoundrels can kill bad players or kil people athalf life or already under fire does not mean they are balanced. The loss of dps for and longer cooldown on backstab is a huge hit to dps. I laugh when ops or scoundrels open up on me solo. It is so easy to survive them

Mauraders however kill me without taking hardly any damage in return
Originally Posted by Greg Zoeller:
If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people ó yes, there arenít many Operatives ó but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause itís not fun.

Caelrie
04.24.2012 , 08:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by S__T View Post
2.The stacking buff stacks up to 3, instead of 2, for 2% more healing output passively, alternatively an extra free instant.
You just shot your credibility in the foot. That talent just gives 2% while TA is up. It doesn't give 2% per stack. You'd know this if you actually played an operative. And since you can't even get something that basic about operative healing right, it calls into question your entire opinion.

Coldin
04.24.2012 , 08:54 PM | #13
Healing operatives and scoundrels are just fine. I don't know why everyone is bring them up.

The OP refers to damage dealing, which is what scrappers and concealment are lacking in right now.

Dayshadow
04.24.2012 , 09:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Maryuss View Post
Is that so ? Why a operative or scoundrel doesnt have the burst of other classes ? Why cant they have a backstab and backblast equal to other classes for example the smash of the rage specced juggernauts and marauders since their cd is pretty much the same ? Why not balance the classes depending on their role and their armor. For example a light armor class to have big burst, a medium armor class to medium burst and a heavy armor to have a lower burst. This game have a problem tbh I see heavy armor classes that have a huge burst which they dont deserve.
Am i the only one that thinks the classes are very unbalanced ?
So taking a guy from 100% to 40% in the first volley is underpowered? And then being able to restealth and do it again is underpowered? Interesting. Marauders are underpowered too I hear.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

CrunkShizzle
04.24.2012 , 09:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by maticlandarr View Post
You are not a game designer. Clearly. And that is why you think you see imbalance everywhere. That and you dont seem ti understand how armor works or the fact that not every spec is bursty.
im not a game designer.but it sounds like your pretty bad at what you do when you base nerfs off people qqing about it without any actual proof of the class being overpowered

which is probably why operative/scoundrels got nerfed so badly

CrunkShizzle
04.24.2012 , 09:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Healing operatives and scoundrels are just fine. I don't know why everyone is bring them up.

The OP refers to damage dealing, which is what scrappers and concealment are lacking in right now.
but but but look at the patch notes

oh yeah thats right,they spit on scoundrel and operatives and buffed gunslingers and snipers who are already pretty good

Coldin
04.24.2012 , 09:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
So taking a guy from 100% to 40% in the first volley is underpowered? And then being able to restealth and do it again is underpowered? Interesting. Marauders are underpowered too I hear.
This simply does not happen when two equally geared people fight each other. Plus the new 7.5 second cooldown doesn't really allow shoot first to restart the volley, and then you're losing the only good defensive cooldown scoundrels get.

sensiblepoast
04.24.2012 , 09:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Maryuss View Post
Is that so ? Why a operative or scoundrel doesnt have the burst of other classes ? Why cant they have a backstab and backblast equal to other classes for example the smash of the rage specced juggernauts and marauders since their cd is pretty much the same ? Why not balance the classes depending on their role and their armor. For example a light armor class to have big burst, a medium armor class to medium burst and a heavy armor to have a lower burst. This game have a problem tbh I see heavy armor classes that have a huge burst which they dont deserve.
Am i the only one that thinks the classes are very unbalanced ?
You must have really sucky gear. I've seen operatives reliably kill people while they were still in stunlock. In 1.2.

Zaboolina
04.25.2012 , 07:55 AM | #19
i completely disagree with OP, i love my scoundrel and im wining most fights i engage, if u charge in like juggernaut on coke ofcuz u fail hard, think of urself as a cool dressed ninja pick out ur target, prey on the weak ;D OR ....
L2P

cheers

Khoraji
04.25.2012 , 08:21 AM | #20
Ops are now the best healers.

And ops are still one of the best, if not the best 1v1 class.
Khoraji - Jung Ma - <Dread>
Ven Zallow refugee