Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH are essentially worthless in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BH are essentially worthless in pvp

Vanash
04.22.2012 , 03:26 AM | #21
I play as a PT Pyro, and tbh have no issues with dmg output, BUT you can't judge everything by those damn WZ charts. Just because somebody hasn't done 300k, does not mean they can't potentially do 300k.... Some people like to play the objectives, defend, protect their healers etc. It sickens me that these games turn into who can do the biggest numbers.

In fact if I do see people with 400k dps + in games like huttball (snipers especially) I know for a fact they can't have been helping kill the carrier or assisting with running the ball in any way, just on their own little farming session ignoring the group.
Rule of One
UK Based multinational guild

EU (gmt) PVP & PvE

Aehgo
04.22.2012 , 03:36 AM | #22
I think you need to l2p.Merc is RANGED dps so it doesn't need a gap closer,you have a few defensive abilities that help with your survivability,you have atleast 2 knockbacks that I'm aware of((I think there is more?)) and you can crit for Massive numbers.That said I never would play a Merc in Arsenal specc,because I find most people will start attacking you when you get off a few tracers.

donlep
04.22.2012 , 03:37 AM | #23
i wont say im a good player anymore, im 42 now and my reactiontime is not what it used to be, i have played games like this for 15 years though, so i would say im atleast still decent, i have a 69 sorc(retired) and a 81 gravspecced trooper
what im seing is that against bad groups i do really well, and am usually at the top of the scoreboards with my trooper
but as soon as we are up against good players i do not do well at all
if left alone a gravspecced trooper still hurts alot, but we are very easy to kill or just shut down
from watching my friends(non troopers) they seem to be much more consistent in their performance, and im fairly sure this is not because of me being a terrible player, but because my class is easy to shut down for anyone competent

Aetou
04.22.2012 , 03:38 AM | #24
The highest Valor ranked character on my server is a Pyro and she is absurdly lethal. I've seen her put out 550k damage in games where second place damage is only 350k. She hassles healers like no other and is about as annoying to face as a Marauder - possibly moreso as she likes to lasso us poor healers and drag us away from the rest of our team and then tear us to shreds. Lots of utility, lots of damage... BHs are far from useless. Sure, they aren't quite as sick as Marauders currently but you can put out crazy numbers if you do more than just spam Tracers...

Aehgo
04.22.2012 , 03:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanash View Post
I play as a PT Pyro, and tbh have no issues with dmg output, BUT you can't judge everything by those damn WZ charts. Just because somebody hasn't done 300k, does not mean they can't potentially do 300k.... Some people like to play the objectives, defend, protect their healers etc. It sickens me that these games turn into who can do the biggest numbers.

In fact if I do see people with 400k dps + in games like huttball (snipers especially) I know for a fact they can't have been helping kill the carrier or assisting with running the ball in any way, just on their own little farming session ignoring the group.
Agreed with the chart thing..Its even worse when they get all the MVP votes for just farming and not helping the objectives

okwathne
04.22.2012 , 03:38 AM | #26
I See ppl complain about the mercs.
I play one myself and I don't realy see the big difrence from before 1.2
It depends on how i play the game.
I often hit at least top 5 over all damage.
Not on voidstar, i spend one round alone guarding the door to the left/east.
I often guard things that should not be left alone.
I have a pyro build and I love it.
Changing from Arsenal to pyro opened a new world too me playing PvP.
Arsenal build give more burst imo, but Pyro has a good dmg over time, and movability.
Arsenal ppl complaining should try it, and go back if they want..... (plz do go back if I play against you:P )

tam_the_man
04.22.2012 , 04:10 AM | #27
Next time you better write "Mercs are essentially worthless in PvP" and I would fully agree with your statement. I chose the Merc class as my first toon after release but nowadays it is virtually impossible to play WZs without regretting my decision. 1.2 simply introduced an era of OP glowstick swingers and until this will be balanced I gonna spend my time on my PT Pyro since this AC is still able to compete with those insane melee classes.
Tamarlan von der Horka

malichae
04.22.2012 , 04:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Affics View Post
L2P, coz good mercenary can always be top 3 on damage done and burst down targets with ease.
love all you ltp people all mouth post some screenies post 1.2 of you being so good or ****

Neamocoob
04.22.2012 , 04:39 AM | #29
BH's have always been worthless lumps. cry about being under powered now. lol lol lol lol..........lol lol lol lol
I think bio should remove their pvp system and stick to what they are good at PvE content.
missing the old days or perhaps i am getting to old.

Riogha
04.22.2012 , 04:51 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ojaix View Post
I can't say for sure this is the case because I'm not full BM yet but every time I play my Merc I notice I am a magnet for assassins, ops, snipers, juggs, and marauders to the point as soon as they see me they will instantly leave their current target and stomp me. Now I would say this is because maybe I just suck but I have seen them also do this same thing to other Mercs on my team that are full bm and they seem to get burned down just as fast. The worst part is these are mostly 1v1, if it was a matter of being focused it would be different.

It is also pretty sad we are easily interrupted over and over while we have no interrupt skills on a short reuse like every other class.

You would think having heavy armor would account for something but it doesn't.
It the same for Commandos matey, you bust your balls out in warzones just to get *** stomped in 3secs flat, merc/com are just meal tickets in 1.2.