Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BH are essentially worthless in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BH are essentially worthless in pvp

anticept's Avatar


anticept
04.22.2012 , 02:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Affics View Post
L2P, coz good mercenary can always be top 3 on damage done and burst down targets with ease.
Your logic fails so bad so what if we can do damage we have no reliable snare no interrupt no chase/escape mechanics weakest defensivecds (exept sorcs) we bring nothing else than damage to the table sure itīs good in a objective based pvp where everyone else can do objectives we can kill people but if it comes to deathmatches with no objective other than destroy opponents guess what we still are outgunned because of our lack of utility.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
This has nothing to do with what server it is.This bug is on all servers.

Anbokr's Avatar


Anbokr
04.22.2012 , 02:42 AM | #12
The BHs on my server are doing much better than pre 1.2. Their burst seems a lot higher and groups of them will sit on huttball rails and drop bombs on all the melee as they scramble for the ball, quite effective. They can dish out a **** ton of damage from 30 yards away, but are vulnerable if you get them in melee, herp derp--this is the definition of a ranged class.

Wish I saved the warzone screenshot where 4 bounty hunters on one team were all top 4 dps with over 300k damage in an 8-10 minute huttball.

Escarrabutxaques's Avatar


Escarrabutxaques
04.22.2012 , 02:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by gattiman View Post
I'm not crap. I bust my *** to dps but its plainly obvious when sorcs ops and maur can all do far above 300k dps and post 1.2 that is essentially the dps ceiling for bh.

What I'm trying to say is two good sorcs or Mar/juggs can win a game. Bh never. We can't elevate our games the best bounty hunters are still second or third best consistently on all maps.
1. DPS - damage per second. The numbers you get on the scoreboard when warzone ends - OVERALL DAMAGE/HEALING
2. 300k isnt the ceiling for merc/trooper. Seen arsenal/gunnery mercs and troopers do 400k+ damage in voidstar/alderaan.
3.Your dps wasn't "nerfed to the ground" in 1.2, maybe its a "learn to play issue"? (Hello 7k HSM/Demo rounds on 1k+ expertise targets).
4.You claim that mercs/troopers are useless in Huttball. Believe me, It can be worse. Try playing as operative/scoundrel in huttball.

TL;DR version: BHs aren't worthless or useless at all.

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
04.22.2012 , 02:50 AM | #14
the problem isnt commando/merc its simply that there are to many interrupts in the game right now, a marauder on you u cant do anything, which isnt fun at all.

Escarrabutxaques's Avatar


Escarrabutxaques
04.22.2012 , 02:57 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
the problem isnt commando/merc its simply that there are to many interrupts in the game right now, a marauder on you u cant do anything, which isnt fun at all.
^this.
Since 1.2 has been released, the warzones started to remind me the rave parties. So many glowsticks!

Jestersdead's Avatar


Jestersdead
04.22.2012 , 03:04 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Delease View Post
Having just hit 50 on my PT i been grinding out WZ to get some pvp gear. I have already made differences in matches with maybe 200 expertise.

Slap guard on ball carriers & defensive pulls.
Considering by saving 2k warzone comms before lvl50 for two battlemaster pieces, and recruit gear... you could be sitting at 940+ expertise the second you hit 50, you are seriously letting yourself and your team down.

V-Serp's Avatar


V-Serp
04.22.2012 , 03:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by me_unknown View Post
i stopped when i read sage/sorcs are a jack of all trades.... lol
lol some people won't be happy until the only thing a Sage can do is put up a dot from melee range...and who knows, maybe even then they'll still complain. After all that's pretty much what Sorc/Sage does these days, kite and stick DOTs and pray.

Sathid's Avatar


Sathid
04.22.2012 , 03:08 AM | #18
As a Scoundrel after clothies Mercs/BH's are my go to target because i know the damage they can do when left alone.

Individual's Avatar


Individual
04.22.2012 , 03:08 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Escarrabutxaques View Post
1. DPS - damage per second. The numbers you get on the scoreboard when warzone ends - OVERALL DAMAGE/HEALING
2. 300k isnt the ceiling for merc/trooper. Seen arsenal/gunnery mercs and troopers do 400k+ damage in voidstar/alderaan.
3.Your dps wasn't "nerfed to the ground" in 1.2, maybe its a "learn to play issue"? (Hello 7k HSM/Demo rounds on 1k+ expertise targets).
4.You claim that mercs/troopers are useless in Huttball. Believe me, It can be worse. Try playing as operative/scoundrel in huttball.

TL;DR version: BHs aren't worthless or useless at all.
Cool story bro, but I've been seeing muraders and sents get over 800k in warzones because they have a healer behind them. I seriously doubt a bh could do that even with a healer behind him. You guys say sorcs bring something to the table, but I generally lose when I have a bunch of sorcs on my team now. They are fodder. This pvp now is about who has the most muraders/sents followed by healers on their team. Everything else falls way short now on DPS. 1.2 is epic failness imo. They should just revert the dmg back the way it was before, but I highly doubt they'll do that. Instead, they'll just nerf more and make the game worse off.

Escarrabutxaques's Avatar


Escarrabutxaques
04.22.2012 , 03:15 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Cool story bro, but I've been seeing muraders and sents get over 800k in warzones because they have a healer behind them. I seriously doubt a bh could do that even with a healer behind him. You guys say sorcs bring something to the table, but I generally lose when I have a bunch of sorcs on my team now. They are fodder. This pvp now is about who has the most muraders/sents followed by healers on their team. Everything else falls way short now on DPS. 1.2 is epic failness imo. They should just revert the dmg back the way it was before, but I highly doubt they'll do that. Instead, they'll just nerf more and make the game worse off.
Well maybe its marauders/sentinels being overpowered and not mercs/troopers gimped ?;p You know, there are other dps ACs like sniper/gunslinger, operatives/scoundrels, sages/sorcerers, assassins/shadows... Have you seen any of those doing significantly more damage than mercs/troopers on warzones?

And yeah, in pre 1.2 "good" team composition used to be 3-4 sorcs, 2-3 mercs and 1-2 of the other classes. Now its 3-4 marauders, 2-3 juggs and 1-2 of the rest xD