Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH are essentially worthless in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BH are essentially worthless in pvp

gattiman
04.22.2012 , 01:01 AM | #1
Every class has its strengths. Sorcs are a Jack of all trades and a master of all trades besides guard. Mar/jug put out great dps and have speed moves, strong knockbacks and interrupts both excel in huttball. Ops are the best healers in the game and can essentially take down a target at will before being focus fired where do bounty hunters (especially Mercs) fit in to pvp? Ever since 1.2 our damage has been reduced, our surviveability is a joke and we have no abilities to really hang our hat on. We have no cloak, speed, or closing ability for huttball, no interrupts for 1v1 and our dps is middle of the pack to bottom. I'm lvl 75 valor was bm before the valor buff and I can tell you the longer I play merc the more I realize bioware has totally screwed this class to pieces.

Someone tell me maybe I suck but ive been watching since 1.2 and I've been out dps'd as a merc twice in about 600 games id wager. We suck at pvp. If we are so easy to kill why don't we put out better dps? Give the class something if not dps. It seems to be widely known since I'm the only BH on Keller's void wearing war hero it seems. The class is garbage fix it bioware.

RoyFokker
04.22.2012 , 01:11 AM | #2
The ones that aren't crap are quite useful. They make me want to walk on their face.

gattiman
04.22.2012 , 01:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RoyFokker View Post
The ones that aren't crap are quite useful. They make me want to walk on their face.
I'm not crap. I bust my *** to dps but its plainly obvious when sorcs ops and maur can all do far above 300k dps and post 1.2 that is essentially the dps ceiling for bh.

What I'm trying to say is two good sorcs or Mar/juggs can win a game. Bh never. We can't elevate our games the best bounty hunters are still second or third best consistently on all maps.

Affics
04.22.2012 , 01:17 AM | #4
L2P, coz good mercenary can always be top 3 on damage done and burst down targets with ease.
Niman Eu - Desu Wicked - Scoundrel 80+ Valor rank

Mizhas
04.22.2012 , 01:24 AM | #5
Well i run both mercenary and powertech and i must admit merc is pretty screwed now.

Let's face it: merc CAN dps. In fact as it has been said they still have a really good burst in PvP. The real problem is that actually there are other careers that can output the same (and more) damage and still have something else wich make them special.

warriors have pounces and awsome defensive skills, inquisitors i agree are masters of all trades (speed, knockback, stun, stagger...) and operatives have been nerfed in terms of damaga but their healing now is awsome.

Basically mercenaries have nothing special compared to the rest of the classes.
Senthar Nightwolf
Powertech
Cleaning Squad

Ojaix
04.22.2012 , 01:36 AM | #6
I can't say for sure this is the case because I'm not full BM yet but every time I play my Merc I notice I am a magnet for assassins, ops, snipers, juggs, and marauders to the point as soon as they see me they will instantly leave their current target and stomp me. Now I would say this is because maybe I just suck but I have seen them also do this same thing to other Mercs on my team that are full bm and they seem to get burned down just as fast. The worst part is these are mostly 1v1, if it was a matter of being focused it would be different.

It is also pretty sad we are easily interrupted over and over while we have no interrupt skills on a short reuse like every other class.

You would think having heavy armor would account for something but it doesn't.
Squadron 11.11.11

LoKiei
04.22.2012 , 01:40 AM | #7
I don't play merc but I suggest trying pyro over arsenal and see how it goes.

I will always hit a merc after I have finished off a healer since their tracer spam left alone does a ton of damage.

RoyFokker
04.22.2012 , 01:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gattiman View Post
I'm not crap. I bust my *** to dps but its plainly obvious when sorcs ops and maur can all do far above 300k dps and post 1.2 that is essentially the dps ceiling for bh.

What I'm trying to say is two good sorcs or Mar/juggs can win a game. Bh never. We can't elevate our games the best bounty hunters are still second or third best consistently on all maps.
And I say I seen BH hitting the 300k mark all the time. I see them coming in first in damage and kills. They don't do this every game, but they do it regularly. So we must come to the conclusion that either your build is crap or you are crap.

me_unknown
04.22.2012 , 02:01 AM | #9
i stopped when i read sage/sorcs are a jack of all trades.... lol

Delease
04.22.2012 , 02:12 AM | #10
Having just hit 50 on my PT i been grinding out WZ to get some pvp gear. I have already made differences in matches with maybe 200 expertise.

Slap guard on ball carriers & defensive pulls.