Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sound issues in game 1.2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Quantum_Icecube
04.23.2012 , 08:29 PM | #11
I started getting wierd sound issues on Balmorra today. Character voices not being there during cut-scenes and some of the sound effects (like the little "whoosh" when you complete a mission) not being there. Been playing non-stop since 1.2 and this is the first time i've had this issue, but it is very frustrating.

Conveeyor
04.23.2012 , 08:47 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Quantum_Icecube,

We would like to ask you to have a look into

'Start' - 'Control Panel' - 'Hardware and Sound' - 'Sound'

Please click on your active playback device and choose 'Properties'. Have a look into the 'Advanced' tab for the settings. A few days ago I had some software changing my settings there without my knowledge. After I have set them back to DVD quality the issue was solved.

We are aware that there are some issues with the sound at the moment and we are looking into it. We hope we can fix it soon and there should already be some improvement in the patch tomorrow.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Quantum_Icecube
04.23.2012 , 09:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Conveeyor View Post
Hello Quantum_Icecube,

We would like to ask you to have a look into

'Start' - 'Control Panel' - 'Hardware and Sound' - 'Sound'

Please click on your active playback device and choose 'Properties'. Have a look into the 'Advanced' tab for the settings. A few days ago I had some software changing my settings there without my knowledge. After I have set them back to DVD quality the issue was solved.

We are aware that there are some issues with the sound at the moment and we are looking into it. We hope we can fix it soon and there should already be some improvement in the patch tomorrow.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.
That seems to have done it. Thanks.