Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

Aenear
06.05.2012 , 01:45 AM | #31
So this here is my first post, because the blatant slowness of speeders really is an issue that troubled me since I got to level 25. I like Bioware, and I want to like this game, but they clearly have to work on this, still. If this game wants to be more than the most prominent fantasy MMORPG in Star Wars camouflage, if SWTOR is interested in subscribers, it needs to capitalise on its franchise!

Swapped art design does not make a new and interesting gaming experience, and nowhere is this as apparent as when you get your first [pregnant pause] mount. This does not handle like a speeder at all. Two of the most exiting scenes in the Star Wars movies are related to racing: the Endor forest speeder bike chase in Return of the Jedi and the Podracer competition in Episode I. Having seen that, receiving your speeder in SWTOR is a disappointment you continuously experience when getting from A to B after level 25. And the 10% increases at level 40 and level 50 do not make a difference. If this game is serious about recreating a Star Wars atmosphere, increasing this variable, to a 200% speed increase or more, should be a small price to pay, and the engine seems to handle it fine if taxis are any indication.

It would be interesting to have an "afterburner" feature for higher velocities, but clearly, also the base velocity must be higher than what it is right now. I would beg them to do it, but I guess even if that worked, no game would be worth that. Bioware should do it because it is the right thing to do:

(1) There is no point in the world feeling bigger due to the slow 'mount' speed, if you cannot immerse yourself in it. (2) The 'money sink' provided by taxis seems rather irrelevant in my experience so far.

Regarding getting knocked off by enemies: this is fine for me, personally. Not only is it consistent with Star Wars canon, but it requires me to pay some attention, which is a good thing in gaming terms. My main point here really is that efforts must be made to increase immersion into the Star Wars universe, and the velocity of speeders would be an excellent, and not too difficult, starting point.

Twisted_foxblade
11.18.2012 , 09:30 PM | #32
I also hope they increase the speed on the speeders, it would be nice to feell like it had speed. the max speed on here is about the speed of some of of the slowest mounts in other mmo's so to me it feels like im walking.

Arkerus
11.18.2012 , 09:39 PM | #33
They have addressed getting a speeder sooner...kind of. It's fine the way it is.

However...the top level speeder needs to be faster. It's a speeder.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY