Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

Zhiroc
05.13.2012 , 09:22 AM | #21
I'm usually L20 at least by the time I leave the capital planet (Coruscant in my case). I usually get my speeder before the end of the next world (Taris for me). Personally, I don't find the scale of Taris, nor Nar Shaddaa, to be so big that earlier/faster speeders would make a significant QoL issue for me. I bet you can cross Taris in about the time it takes to cross just the Dune Sea of Tattooine.

Bielduwyn
05.13.2012 , 09:39 AM | #22
I've hit level 25 plenty of times before being done with Nar Shaddaa, I don't hop on over to Tatooine to get a speeder right away, Nar Shaddaa is compact enough to not need a speeder. And neither are Taris/Balmorra really.

As to the request of making speeders faster, no. They shouldn't ever become faster than taking the taxi. Otherwise that's just a money sink rendered obsolete and you don't want that in a game with a faucet-drain based economy.

Owla
05.14.2012 , 09:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bielduwyn View Post
As to the request of making speeders faster, no. They shouldn't ever become faster than taking the taxi. Otherwise that's just a money sink rendered obsolete and you don't want that in a game with a faucet-drain based economy.
I agree: the taxis need to be much faster as well.

Some of this thread is really bizarre to me. I thought the purpose of the game was to have fun, and it's fun to have fast-paced action. Are people actually saying that it is more fun to move slower? Don't tell me about whether you "need" speeders. Tell me if you actually think the game would be less enjoyable if you could get to your destination more quickly. If there was a 400% speeder, you wouldn't use it?

VanorDM
05.14.2012 , 11:01 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Owla View Post
I thought the purpose of the game was to have fun...
For some people earning something like a Speeder at lvl 25 is fun. It gives them something to look forward to.

DavidNiven
05.14.2012 , 11:08 AM | #25
I don't mind getting the speeders at 25 level but the speed increase on higher levels should be more consistent. If you compare the speeders from movies or other games ( like Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) their speed is low, even at 110%. Maybe a temporary boost ( nitro? ) in speed would be nice.

VanorDM
05.14.2012 , 11:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidNiven View Post
but the speed increase on higher levels should be more consistent...
Speed is relative, based on how far you have to go. I'm not saying they couldn't be faster, but the lvl 50 speeder gets me across most planets in fairly quick order.

They're also a good deal faster then mounts in most other MMO's. WoW for example you need a Epic level mount to hit 100% increase, 10% less then the lvl 50 speeders in SWTOR. Considering how everyone keeps commenting on how much bigger WoW is then SWTOR in terms of planet size, that's a pretty big increase.

Yes the WoW flying mounts haul pretty fast, but we don't have true flying mounts in SWTOR.

nerfAvari
05.14.2012 , 11:42 AM | #27
sprint used to be level 14, sprint wasn't always a toggle either, you had to manually press it every time you wanted to use it.
you now have sprint at level 1, speeders feel slow because you have been spoiled
Avari

taylorburns
05.14.2012 , 09:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayto View Post
The speeder speeds are a joke. Show me another game that has transortation this slow?

I think the 100%, 150% and 200% are a good start.

This will just be another item I add to the list of why I unsub
what he said
eyes like a hawk

Darth_Moonshadow
05.14.2012 , 10:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Pheroras View Post
yeah, agree
i made it to tatooine on my SI at level 22 or 23 and essentially had to go do the bonus on Balmorra and a bunch of Nar Shaddaa side quests I would rather not have had to run just to get my speeder skill so I could manage Tatooine travel. it took the steam out of my sails--i would settle for a trike rather than having to too hoof it all over the place (maybe a segway?). definitely this needs to change, maybe make the riding skill open up at the same time one gets their spaceship? it makes no sense to see some kid driving a cadillac but they don't know how to drive a bicycle yet.
You're not driving the ship. You just poke at a holo map and the ship flies itself.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Bielduwyn
05.16.2012 , 10:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Owla View Post
I agree: the taxis need to be much faster as well.

Some of this thread is really bizarre to me. I thought the purpose of the game was to have fun, and it's fun to have fast-paced action. Are people actually saying that it is more fun to move slower? Don't tell me about whether you "need" speeders. Tell me if you actually think the game would be less enjoyable if you could get to your destination more quickly. If there was a 400% speeder, you wouldn't use it?
I never said taxis had to be faster. =p I like to enjoy the scenery while taking a taxi ride, don't take that away from me.