Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

Owla
05.01.2012 , 02:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Freekedoutfish View Post
I suggest we get one a lot sooner at maybe level 10.
They may be 90%,100% and 110% faster but they honestly don't feel like they are moving any faster then a casual run. Speeders are meant to be fast, very FAST. Perhaps make the speeders progress from 100% to 150% to 200% or faster?
I couldn't agree more. I can't believe anyone doesn't agree with this. There are three important points here:

1. Speeding around is fun.
2. Sitting and waiting for stuff to happen in a game is not fun. It is tedious.
3. My car can go about ten times faster than a person running. How is it that a society that has mastered interstellar travel is incapable of building land vehicles that go more than twice the speed of a human on foot?

Kayto
05.07.2012 , 04:22 AM | #12
The speeder speeds are a joke. Show me another game that has transortation this slow?

I think the 100%, 150% and 200% are a good start.

This will just be another item I add to the list of why I unsub
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.

The darkness that surrounds me cannot hurt you. It is the darkness in my heart you should fear!!

Owla
05.13.2012 , 03:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayto View Post
The speeder speeds are a joke. Show me another game that has transortation this slow?
I disagree. I think it should be more like 200%, 400%, and 800%.

JediNg
05.13.2012 , 05:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Owla View Post
I couldn't agree more. I can't believe anyone doesn't agree with this. There are three important points here:

1. Speeding around is fun.
2. Sitting and waiting for stuff to happen in a game is not fun. It is tedious.
3. My car can go about ten times faster than a person running. How is it that a society that has mastered interstellar travel is incapable of building land vehicles that go more than twice the speed of a human on foot?
Suit yourself
I levelled two characters to 50 - without touching a speeder even once.
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005

Meglivorn
05.13.2012 , 07:00 AM | #15
I don't agree on getting the speeders sooner. With sprint from level 1 and the upcoming legacy option for speeders from level 10 its more than needed.

But I DO think that the speed difference within speeder levels should be higher. The Basic +90% is good, but rank2 would be nice around 110% and rank3 around 125%. Wouldn't be game-braking but still noticeable steps. Right now I had hard time to tell when I switched from my rank1 to rank3.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

JakkFrost
05.13.2012 , 07:45 AM | #16
Indeed, some of the suggested numbers are beyond ridiculous, but the cost for speeder piloting and the speeders is also a bit ridiculous for the miniscule increase.

At the very least it should be 90%, 120%, and 150%.
A man never truly knows what real happiness is until he gets married... and by then it's too late.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.13.2012 , 07:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Owla View Post
I disagree. I think it should be more like 200%, 400%, and 800%.
Now that's just irresponsibly fast.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

RachelAnne
05.13.2012 , 07:58 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayto View Post

This will just be another item I add to the list of why I unsub
Vanilla had 60% mounts at lvl 40

Personally I dont like mounts in MMO´s, its just not realistic that everyone sits on a dragon, speeder etc. To go by foot is much more fun actually and you also see something of the world then.

Saiaku
05.13.2012 , 08:01 AM | #19
Maybe they should upgrade the speeders entirely, making them have modification slots for speed, hp and a boost.
(this would open the possibility of player-based speeder-races).
Hidden Beks -> Nightmare Lands -> The Red Eclipse

Pheroras
05.13.2012 , 09:06 AM | #20
yeah, agree
i made it to tatooine on my SI at level 22 or 23 and essentially had to go do the bonus on Balmorra and a bunch of Nar Shaddaa side quests I would rather not have had to run just to get my speeder skill so I could manage Tatooine travel. it took the steam out of my sails--i would settle for a trike rather than having to too hoof it all over the place (maybe a segway?). definitely this needs to change, maybe make the riding skill open up at the same time one gets their spaceship? it makes no sense to see some kid driving a cadillac but they don't know how to drive a bicycle yet.
"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."