Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

Freekedoutfish
04.21.2012 , 03:01 AM | #1
By the time you are level 25 and have a speeder, you have travelled through quite a few large worlds during which having a Speeder would have been very beneficial and made life a lot less tedious.

But you have to wait until level 25 to get one.

I suggest we get one a lot sooner at maybe level 10.

I can't see any real reason we have to wait that much longer, especially when it just means dragging out the painful task of walking/running accross large areas of a planet. It couldn't unblance anything or damage the gameplay.

But once you get to level 25 and finally get a Speeder... its a bit of an anti-climix.

The vision of a Speeder from Star Wars is of speed.... and that just is not reflected in these Mounts.

They may be 90%,100% and 110% faster but they honestly don't feel like they are moving any faster then a casual run. Speeders are meant to be fast, very FAST. Perhaps make the speeders progress from 100% to 150% to 200% or faster?

Just to give that real sense of speed... hence the name!

Darth_Moonshadow
04.21.2012 , 03:04 AM | #2
You just got Sprint at level 1.

Now you're just being greedy.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

EuphoricAnguish
04.21.2012 , 03:14 AM | #3
Look in the Legacy tab under "Coming Soon."

Lazzer
04.21.2012 , 03:15 AM | #4
To be honest on the starter planets the taxi system is good enough you don't need a speeder, also due to mob desity you'd spend 90% of your time being knocked off.

The 1st time you really need one is Tatooine.

I can see your point from the perspective of running an alt through the same planets but when it's your 1st time on a planet I think running by foot is a much better way of exploration.

Maybe a legacy unlock to supply an alt with an early speeder?

Bhaers
04.21.2012 , 03:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EuphoricAnguish View Post
Look in the Legacy tab under "Coming Soon."
Indeed. Level 10 will be very nice when that "Coming Soon" happens, until then sprint has made it slightly more bearable.
An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively. - HH Dalai Lama

TitusVorenus
04.21.2012 , 03:20 AM | #6
I think it's fine as it is, but I do agree that the speeders don't really seem like, well, speeders. I could see them being increased somewhat in speed.
The Former Dalexeo Cobja of Starsider
Vorenus Faustus--Vanguard, Helm of Graush
Sygnus Faustus--Scoundrel, Helm of Graush
Vorbeck--Sniper, Ven Zallow

TOURDallas
04.21.2012 , 03:30 AM | #7
Travel and sense of distance, should be somewhat relevant in open world games.
"It's better to have a lightsaber and not need it than to need a lightsaber and not have it."

Lord_Ravenhurst
04.21.2012 , 03:32 AM | #8
I hope/believe that future planets will become much bigger/open world like, therefore I see speeders coming with 150-200% or even faster.

I hope the planets we have now are considered as starter planets for 1-50 and all further ones will be entirely different and less corridor like, more like real vast planets.

thomasgallant
04.21.2012 , 04:12 AM | #9
speeders are a convience item. I doubt after they decreased the requirement for sprint to level 1 they are going to increase the speed of the speeders. a rank 3 already pretty much outruns any mob as is..
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Cooperal
04.21.2012 , 05:27 AM | #10
Faster speeders? Maybe as a future rare drop or as a commonplace thing that comes with a level cap increase, but for now, speeders have a nice place between travelling on foot and using taxis. People already have their newly aquired advanced classes at level 10 to be excited about but, in the near future, people WILL be able to make the lowest rank speeders available at level 10 via the legacy unlocks.

25 takes roughly a little over 24 hours of gameplay for the average player. Most players will be spending far more time on their speeders while outdoors in the grand scale of things. No matter how you slice it.

In a slightly related complaint: Please BW, stop having my robes clip so obviously through all the level 40 and 50 speeders + taxis. My robe is even seen permanently hanging underneath my precious Korrealis Sovereign for cry out loud!