Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Effect of Recruit PVP vendor gear on Crafting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Effect of Recruit PVP vendor gear on Crafting

kregora
05.11.2012 , 05:35 AM | #11
In my opinion it is unfair to compare crafted artifact level gear, with the prototype pvp gear you can buy from the pvp vendors.

On my server I couldn't even craft prototype armor pieces for the price the pvp vendors demand, if I had to buy the raw materials on the market. Not speaking about the next tier. And taking into account the resources required to reverse engineer the schematics rewuired.

So, while for PvP necessary, the impact on the crafting professions is a hard one.
Trini, Nuru Aka'ula Amexia Elvire, Greer

Swijr
05.11.2012 , 05:43 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by kregora View Post
On my server I couldn't even craft prototype armor pieces for the price the pvp vendors demand, if I had to buy the raw materials on the market. Not speaking about the next tier. And taking into account the resources required to reverse engineer the schematics required.
Why are you buying mats? Your crew should be out running missions for the mats all the time.

I think the real issue here is the the recruit gear hurts the "casual" crafter. Unfortunately, this game requires more luck or dedication to sit at the top. You HAVE to run your crew raw getting resources. You HAVE to get missions to get purple mats and you certainly HAVE to waste a ton of credits and mats to RE items to have the most popular ones.

HOWEVER, the payoff is well worth it. I speak from experience.

Swijr
.: System :. | Jedi Covenant | Republic PVP Guild | Chat Info

ekwalizer
05.11.2012 , 06:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jprk View Post
I was looking at the PvP recruit gear just last week and it compares to my orange gear pretty well. Unfortunately I spent many many credits to get my orange slots filled with blue and some purple items. Once I saw this I thought SWTOR was killing the game by doing this. As a crafter of the armor and mod slots (cybertech) I cannot justify wasting my money to produce inferior (even purple) armor and mods as it is way cheaper to buy this stuff.

And yes I understand this gear is great for starting in warzones but hey, spending all the credits to make cybertech stuff, getting to 400 in cybertech, and forgeting the PvP help you get for starting in warzones, I can get comparable lvl 50 stuff for 17K credits instead of wasting my time trying to craft it. Makes no sense

Best
Why? You can get 1 armoring, 1 mod and 1 enhancment (all purple level 49) for FREE every day by running Ilum/Belsavis dailies. Daily gear is on par with and often better than Tionese (which is mindnumbingly simple to get too now that daily lockouts are gone).

By the way, Daily modded gear is VASTLY superior to Recruit gear. Furthermore, Cybertech/Artifice crafted level 49 purples are superior to Recruit as well in terms of main/secondary stats. 124 v 128 armoring is absolutely nothing in this game.
Click for free stuff: Click spoiler to see rewards
Spoiler

ekwalizer
05.11.2012 , 07:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
I still stand by my original post title.

The ease and price of Recruit PVP gear has effected crafting, its pretty hard to deny that.

As to saying that EPIC teir 2 crafted gear is better. "Some" of it is. Not all. As to me saying that they can run HM, OPS and PVP. This is still true. There's no reason at all that you couldnt run any of these with this gear. EV and KP are that easy that this gear is easily good enough to clear the Operation.

All the gear is in one conveniant spot and very cheap. If the price was higher I wouldnt have such an issue.
Then there is no hope for educating you OP. Anavarra clearly and overwhelmingly defeated your premise with Armormech/Synthweaving. And as I posted above both Dailies and Cybertech/Artifice level 49 artifact modifications are vastly superior to Recruit.
Click for free stuff: Click spoiler to see rewards
Spoiler

netskink
05.11.2012 , 07:32 AM | #15
I have six 400 crafting toons. I have managed to RE until I can make purple for every toon, every slot. And I have never bought a recruit set. I'll be honest with you, I don't have a hard time getting medals in pvp with that gear either.

Here is another pro tip. A jugg tank in full pve crafted 49/50 purples can routinely score in top 1/3 in huttball in terms of medals and be a decisive factor in a game.
50s Dapengzi, Wicked Wanda, Blind'Anma, Meiling, Xiaowan, Relee Lowbies Xiaojiejie, Tarheel Tank, The Wait, Tarheal 1xConquerer, 3xWH. 2xBM.
Guild: www.heiankongzhi.com Fatman - PVP Imperial - Recruiting
SWTOR Videos: http://www.heiankongzhi.com/home/swtor/videos