Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing in PvP is not fun at all

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healing in PvP is not fun at all

Skaarrj
12.17.2011 , 11:40 AM | #1
Does anyone agree with this sentiment? I do. But I'm not very good at expressing myself in the hows and whys.

I just find myself hating it, and getting stomped in the ground constantly.

I feel like im missing stuff.

Mblythe
12.17.2011 , 11:46 AM | #2
I disagree 100%.. unless the ops window is bugged in which I agree 100%.
Tred - GM of Eminence on the Lord Praven server.
BH Combat Medic
CE VIP

Fulguran
12.17.2011 , 11:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
Does anyone agree with this sentiment? I do. But I'm not very good at expressing myself in the hows and whys.

I just find myself hating it, and getting stomped in the ground constantly.

I feel like im missing stuff.

Outhealing 2-4 guys as an IA that don't know how to stop you is pretty damn funny,

on the other hand, not giving updates on the ops UI so you can't see the hp of your party members on your UI, and it's not like clicking them works half of the time.

so I'll heal maybe half of what i could have in a full warzone, just because the UI holds me back, kinda depressing

Skaarrj
12.17.2011 , 12:06 PM | #4
i get the healing frame bug too....

But i constantly die as a commando, healing doesnt seem to make a difference, so i changed to dps.

piethief
12.17.2011 , 12:08 PM | #5
The healing frame bug is sooo annoying! Please fix it! It makes PvP so hard for medics.

I'm also not a fan of being constantly interrupted - or having to stand still whilst I perform my main heal. It's seems like suicide in a warzone.

oythebillybumblr
12.17.2011 , 12:36 PM | #6
game hasnt even released yet. They'll iron out the bugs. Stop crying and just be patient.

Millatime
12.17.2011 , 01:53 PM | #7
Hard casting just doesn't seem all that rewarding for me (mind u im a lvl14 Merc, so i still have to pick up a few spells). My healing scan seems to be a 2sec hardcast, only healing about 900-1000, when most GCDs do ranging from 800-1200. Just seems that my only alternative to surviving is breaking my oponent faster than they can break me. Best defense is a strong offense anyone?

GraunKrynn
12.17.2011 , 01:57 PM | #8
Healing in warzones is fun (unless you get the Ops frame bug), but still requires team work. On my Guardian, I like using guard on a healer and taunt people off of them...meanwhile I find other healers and interrupt like crazy.

Arayla
12.17.2011 , 01:58 PM | #9
I enjoy healing immensely, it can be a game changer believe it or not. So far healing seems to be a in a good spot, not overpowered but nowhere near being underpowered.

Cythis
12.17.2011 , 02:09 PM | #10
Very boring at low levels. Gets better once you get the mechanic enhancements from your trees.
Cythis ~