Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How come I can ROFL stomp Ops/Scoundrels?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How come I can ROFL stomp Ops/Scoundrels?

DarkHelsing
04.19.2012 , 07:54 PM | #11
Hmm, interesting.

No energy issues?

maticlandarr
04.19.2012 , 08:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkHelsing View Post
What happened in Patch 1.2 that destroyed the Operatives and Scoundrels? Before when it used to be "oh crap an Operative, better be on serious guard"... you know, the way pvp should be, a challenge....

To beat down a fully BM geared Scoundrel, oh he's going after the med pack... I'll let him get in, he gets it heals back up to almost full, I /dance with him, he attacks me again, and I rofl stomp him.

Then I get jumped by an Operative in a different game, hmm, this is gonna suck I say to myself, except it didn't suck, it I didn't even have to burn any cool downs.

These are all the same players, same names that I've encountered dozens of times before... what did patch 1.2 do to screw that class over? (the healer side of the class are doing better though)

Idk but there are several Ops on ven zallow that are just beast. Sounds like youre facing players who havent adapted to the patch yet. Or they just suck.

maticlandarr
04.19.2012 , 08:09 PM | #13
Just reread OP and i see hes talking about dps ops. I havent had problems with them. Its the healer or hybrid specs that can just tank three dps for way longer than they should be able to. When i see one i stick to them like glue.

phistonation
04.19.2012 , 08:15 PM | #14
Full BM geared DPS concealment operative that blows his complete nut (100-105 energy) probably can do 8.5k total damage against a similarly geared opponent. Doesn't help much when people are running around with 15k-19k hp.

They can't sustain a fight so people are realizing once you brush off the 1.2 "burst" you just lay into them and they'll go down like pie.

TL;DR -- you should never, ever run from a DPS operative, just lay in them for an easy win.

Antipodes
04.19.2012 , 08:25 PM | #15
Let me guess, the OP is actually an Op/Scoundrel?

While I believe they are on the weaker side for high end group PvP, they are no where near as pathetic as described. Especially in 1v1 where they are still very up there.

DarkHelsing
04.19.2012 , 08:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
Let me guess, the OP is actually an Op/Scoundrel?

While I believe they are on the weaker side for high end group PvP, they are no where near as pathetic as described. Especially in 1v1 where they are still very up there.
I have one of every toon, all 16 classes. Sooo.... I'm not sure how to answer that other than yes I have both an Operative and a Scoundrel. My main is Merc though, heals.

I started this post from being on my Marauder and destroying first a Scoundrel that used to cause me problems, then some Operatives that have also caused me problems in the past.

This is what I observed.
Open - little less than half my life gone - then nothing - then nothing - then they died.

When I play with my Operative I notice I eat through energy WAY faster than before, but that's all I noticed. My Scoundrel does not have any PvP gear at all, so I didn't even test her.

Xaearth
04.19.2012 , 10:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by phistonation View Post
TL;DR -- you should never, ever run from a DPS operative, just lay in them for an easy win.
Wrong.

Always run from the Operative/Scoundrel unless you absolutely need the kill to clear an objective for cap. They can't chase you, they can't kill you, and, if you don't kill them, they can't restealth (without blowing vanish).

An unstealthed Operative is far, far less dangerous than a respawned Operative.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with BioWare."
~ SWTOR Update 1.2: Legacy

BambulaGTS
04.20.2012 , 01:51 AM | #18
Explanation:

They have had to put original mods back in BM gear. After upgrade they get full BM with like + 11 % accuracy (around 400 accuracy rating) and like a 64 % surge (around 100 rating).

This budget - 400 accuracy rating before patch 1.2 in completely remodded BM gear was power/surge/crit.

So they can farm for War Hero with better itemization (takes time), ot put power/surge mods back and lose expertise (takes survivability away).

You cannot hit hard as operative with 300 bonus damage and 64 crit multiplayer.

vimm
04.20.2012 , 02:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
This just isn't true. Scrapper Scoundrels (the DPS tree everyone fears) got a number of huge nerfs in 1.2. The best damage ability had its CD increased to 12s, which also meant that our best bleed can no longer be permanently up. Our energy management issues which already caused problems became much worse as the cost of key abilities increased. There was a blanket 3% reduction in Crit chance for all Scoundrels (due to a change in a Tier 1 skill that every build used.)

While well played Scrappers can still be lethal they most definitely were nerfed for a third time.
The cost of abilities increased? No, in fact, Laceration was reduced in energy cost - that's all.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Kaarsa
04.20.2012 , 03:25 AM | #20
It is interesting..some people now say that operatives are weak now, some other post videos like this one:

Quote: Originally Posted by TheRelic View Post
As you can see in this Youtube vid, it is working as intended but... its pritty frustrating to die without doing dmg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCi5u...ature=youtu.be

Without being able to get out of stun lock, game over...
Poster claims it is post 1.2.

Taking both opinions into consideration I guess that operatives are balanced now
Official Dev info about resolve system: http://dulfy.net/2012/04/07/paxeast-q-a-day-2/
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
To be fair, about 98% of all PvP problems can be resolved by learning to correctly play the class you rolled.
The remaining 2% aren't going to be fixed by complaining on a forum...