Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How come I can ROFL stomp Ops/Scoundrels?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How come I can ROFL stomp Ops/Scoundrels?

DarkHelsing
04.19.2012 , 06:41 PM | #1
What happened in Patch 1.2 that destroyed the Operatives and Scoundrels? Before when it used to be "oh crap an Operative, better be on serious guard"... you know, the way pvp should be, a challenge....

To beat down a fully BM geared Scoundrel, oh he's going after the med pack... I'll let him get in, he gets it heals back up to almost full, I /dance with him, he attacks me again, and I rofl stomp him.

Then I get jumped by an Operative in a different game, hmm, this is gonna suck I say to myself, except it didn't suck, it I didn't even have to burn any cool downs.

These are all the same players, same names that I've encountered dozens of times before... what did patch 1.2 do to screw that class over? (the healer side of the class are doing better though)

LoKiei
04.19.2012 , 06:44 PM | #2
Must have fought bad ones post 1.2. I still have to chase them all over the map to get a kill. They stun/mes me, it's a pain.

Edit: The pure damage ones still do lots of damage but they have been reduced some and a exploit fixed that let them use their opener twice.

MnniBeast
04.19.2012 , 06:50 PM | #3
No they still hurt just as much, a certain scoundrel (samson) on my server thought it would be fun to hunt me down while his team was killing huttball 6-0. Needless to say I never had a second to react to him, and for some reason my cooldowns just didn't seem to cut it.

Sathid
04.19.2012 , 06:56 PM | #4
BW has done enougth chips in every part damage wise to the class that they are just very lackluster imo,they are an average at best class now,aside from healing which they do ok.

Aetou
04.19.2012 , 06:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MnniBeast View Post
No they still hurt just as much, a certain scoundrel (samson) on my server thought it would be fun to hunt me down while his team was killing huttball 6-0. Needless to say I never had a second to react to him, and for some reason my cooldowns just didn't seem to cut it.
This just isn't true. Scrapper Scoundrels (the DPS tree everyone fears) got a number of huge nerfs in 1.2. The best damage ability had its CD increased to 12s, which also meant that our best bleed can no longer be permanently up. Our energy management issues which already caused problems became much worse as the cost of key abilities increased. There was a blanket 3% reduction in Crit chance for all Scoundrels (due to a change in a Tier 1 skill that every build used.)

While well played Scrappers can still be lethal they most definitely were nerfed for a third time.

lironBD
04.19.2012 , 07:01 PM | #6
Hmmm depends...

I've confronted number of those today...

The players which just stood there and shot at me got fried in a second. those that were smart enough to use their abilities and stun\cc enough kick my "behinds" if they managed to catch me off guard.

Just adapt...

As an hybrid DPS sorc bw took one of my main attacks (the instant CL) but still I can take down a group if they don't stop me in time.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

VegaPhone
04.19.2012 , 07:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkHelsing View Post
What happened in Patch 1.2 that destroyed the Operatives and Scoundrels? Before when it used to be "oh crap an Operative, better be on serious guard"... you know, the way pvp should be, a challenge....

To beat down a fully BM geared Scoundrel, oh he's going after the med pack... I'll let him get in, he gets it heals back up to almost full, I /dance with him, he attacks me again, and I rofl stomp him.

Then I get jumped by an Operative in a different game, hmm, this is gonna suck I say to myself, except it didn't suck, it I didn't even have to burn any cool downs.

These are all the same players, same names that I've encountered dozens of times before... what did patch 1.2 do to screw that class over? (the healer side of the class are doing better though)
I call this alt propaganda.

hulkweazel
04.19.2012 , 07:04 PM | #8
It's because those Operatives weren't working in teams that stunlock people and make them quit.

Sathid
04.19.2012 , 07:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
Hmmm depends...

I've confronted number of those today...

The players which just stood there and shot at me got fried in a second. those that were smart enough to use their abilities and stun\cc enough kick my "behinds" if they managed to catch me off guard.

Just adapt...

As an hybrid DPS sorc bw took one of my main attacks (the instant CL) but still I can take down a group if they don't stop me in time.
There is many variables,gear,the spec of the Op/Scoundrel and in a match ive noticed that if my team is even remotely below average im a blood vapor getting focused often now due to me healing,this class requires movement to stay alive but the flow of some groups is stagnant and that kills me.

Sathid
04.19.2012 , 07:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by hulkweazel View Post
It's because those Operatives weren't working in teams that stunlock people and make them quit.
Har har,,hehe