Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Customer "support". How ironic...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Customer "support". How ironic...

Sith_Mantos
12.17.2011 , 10:44 AM | #1
This post is about a friend's of mine "adventures" with Customer support. His account is locked for several days and he can't post at these forums. So i actually make the post instead of him.

"Hello everyone. Let me tell you a story about Bioware's customer "support".
Everything started on 12/12/2011. I tried to log-in at the site and a security question came up. Unfortunately i could'nt remember the correct answer. And what it comes next? My account was locked. i reset my password countless times, but the same question cames up and i can't find the correct answer. Maybe when i answer it for the first time i did some misspelling...but who knows...
I immediately opened a ticket about this matter. Few hours later, i got a response that i had to call the CS to unlock my account. Even though i am for Europe but not from England or France or Germany, i had to pay for this international call, but i said "it's about my account, so nvm. I ll pay the call"
I start calling the CS and i was put on queue. And that's when the irony begins. A man's voice were keep telling me" Your call is IMPORTAND to us and will be answered as soon as an agend becomes available". I was w8ing for about 45 minutes on hold, and then it hang up.
So i called again and again and again. But this IMPORTAND call was never answered. My personal record till today is 2HOURS 13MINUTES and 6SECONDS w8ing on hold.
I was calling all day long. Nothing...so i opened a new ticket explaining what happend.
The next morning at last i got a response and the Customer "support" told me that in order to unlock my acount i had to sent an e-mail with some information and a scaned image with my Goverment issued ID. I did that immediately. Meanwhile i was keep calling but the IMPORTAND call was never answered.
Noone responed to my last e-mail with the info. So next day i sent the info and the image again. And i was calling, and calling and calling.
2days later i got the response. I said "Thank god. They may have reset the security questions". And finaly the response was" We cant resolve your matter thgough e-mail so ...CALL again".
So i decided to do something else. Even though i didn't have a twitter account, i made one and i was hoping that someone may listen to me through twitter. I send ton of messages to @Rockjaw and @Swtor. Guess what...no answer at all. Meanwhile i was keep calling and calling and calling...
My friends, who are allready online opened in-game tickets about this matter. Guess what! they told them that i should call again.

The last time i called was today. Aster w8ing 1HOUR AND 45MINUTES on queue i gave up. So after 6DAYS of CALLS/TICKETS/AND TWITS i gave up. After spending 25EUROS!!!! in skype credits( and i thank god that skype exists. Or else i should sell my house in order to affort the phone bill) and 5 EUROS pre-ordering the game(redeemed my cone at 24/08) i finally admit it. Bioware Customer's support "got me"!
I allready forgot my early access and i spent 30euros for nothing till now. My account will be locked for ever. Thanks for this Awesome first experience with your customer "support".

PS. To the people that may read this, plz don't make the same mistake as i did. Write down you security questions or take a screenshot of them. Or else you may end up like me. And for you may be worst. Cause i lost just 30 euros. But you may lose your characters in the future"

This was my Guild Master's story. I hope you enjoy it, as we did as a guild.

Esresro
12.17.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2
tl:dr verson.

Guy forgets his secret question and blames CS for protecting his account. At least he admits his mistake at the end but not before blaming others

vladx
12.17.2011 , 10:52 AM | #3
Sorry to hear what your friend gone through, but not being able to remember 3 questions is quite lame imo.

If he knows he's got such a bad memory then next time maybe he should try to think before entering the answers. He could also set the same answer to all questions if it works for him.

Sith_Mantos
12.17.2011 , 10:54 AM | #4
Actually he doensn't blame CS for locking his account. He blames CS for calling them for 6 DAYS all day long, and noone answers...and they dont realize that this kind of calls is not free for Everyone...

BadNewzzz
12.17.2011 , 10:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Esresro View Post
tl:dr verson.

Guy forgets his secret question and blames CS for protecting his account. At least he admits his mistake at the end but not before blaming others

Next time read before you answer please.

Sith_Mantos
12.17.2011 , 11:06 AM | #6
I am wondering though. If they can't support the customers who have problems, why do they recomend them to call CS? After all this queue stuff for all these days i ended up believing that there are no people actually answering the phonecalls...2+ hours queue??? It is just unacceptable. Shame...

Craygor
12.17.2011 , 03:35 PM | #7
I totally agree. It seems like support is an after thought for Bioware. I have put in five service tickets and have not had one response from a CSR. It has been three days since my first ticket.
Live Dangerously KILL someone!

godsire
12.17.2011 , 04:10 PM | #8
There is actually a post in the customer support forum indicating that there's a problem with the security question. Not was this guy probably not responsible for the issue he went through he's out 30 euros! I've now found myself locked out for a similar problem and you can't even reach customer support in the US. If you call there's a recording telling you to call back later. i don't know if i will ever get access again