Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ElanJo
12.20.2011 , 03:57 AM | #21
I'd like to see chat bubbles (with a globab toggle) but with an added option to highlight a player and block their chat bubble from appearing. That way I don't have to have my screen fill up in social areas with guild/market spam etc.

Mabtreet
12.20.2011 , 03:58 AM | #22
I'd love to see chat bubbles as a option you can toggle on or off, personally I want them on but I know some people wouldnt

Koosiyh
12.20.2011 , 04:02 AM | #23
I would like an option to enable chat bubbles for say and groups too. It's just easier for me to see what people are saying when fighting or whatever.
Beep

chainless
12.20.2011 , 04:02 AM | #24
YES PLEASE.

Bioware a chatbubble is a STANDARD mmo interface come on...
I hate it that when i say something in spatial chat now its gone because of other spam before the player its aimed at even knew it was there.

And even without chat spam its hard to see.

Make it optional or not i dont care, just implement a basic thing like that already in an mmo...

And an UI that is moveable and resizeable.. but this might be in in the future already.

All this would make SWTOR even better.
One game to rule them all.. SWG early days... RIP

EU-Chimaera

Black_Rabbit
12.20.2011 , 04:13 AM | #25
I would personally love the option of chat bubbles.

I like to observe other people RP, I am too shy to jump in straight away, so I like to show interest until someone notices me

But I find, just like other people have said here, too hard to follow an RP conversation at the moment, especially in busy areas, I loose too much time trying to figure out who among the crowd is speaking, before I can read the reply which has already been buried by another hundred messages.

To this purpose, I created a "RP" tab, that only filters /s /y /w and emotes, it helps a little.

Lavariusstar
12.20.2011 , 04:18 AM | #26
It's essential for grouping,Flashpoints etc.So people can tell who to heal and who to attacok in Pvp/Pve without having to look at the chat window.Plus it would be nice to have.I mean you got subtitles,but not Chat bubbles,which are similar in some ways.I hope chat bubbles comes soon
Remember the Squad:11/11/11
The Last Squadron

ratdeath
12.20.2011 , 04:19 AM | #27
I like chat bubbles, optional of course for those who dislike them! Everyone happy!

what I used to think was me is just a fading memory

Saverina
12.20.2011 , 10:39 AM | #28
need hard

Cave
12.20.2011 , 03:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Junious View Post
Bubbles are very much needed. Especially for the RP servers, which are 99% free of RP due to the lack of chat bubbles at the moment.
Agreed. It's so sad, too. There are so many roleplayers that have been stoked to roleplay on their own RP servers everywhere and in the open while doing all the wonderful things this game has to offer and now they simply can't find roleplay anywhere there. Even if they try hard to do it, they simply can't, unless somewhere secluded and even then it's not easy without chat bubbles.
Many are thinking to quit the game after their 30 days of free playtime are up until Bioware finally adds chat bubbles. It's such a shame, such a shame.

So please, Bioware, add this "high priority launch option" to enable chat bubbles for /say, /yell, /emote chat in the next patch/hotfix.
I've cancelled my subscription due to the lack of Chat Bubbles.
I will never give EA or Bioware another cent or play any of their games or use any of their software again until speech bubbles that fully display /say, /yell and /emote chat are implemented in Star Wars: The Old Republic and the needs of socializers and roleplayers are finally taken seriously.

Senestor
12.21.2011 , 08:29 PM | #30
Besides of chat bubbles, i would also like bubbles wich are shown with the /emote command so everyone around who has the bubbles active can see the emotes over the players head.

A big Want-Button for chat-bubbles!
Senestor - Roleplayer, Guardians of Peace
Hopefully the social roleplaying tools won't neglected in TOR. Animated (interactive) emotes, chat bubbles for spatial chat and emotes, interacting with objects (sitting on chairs, lying in beds/bunks), post character creation appearance customization are most needed.