Can't Send Crafted Items to Alts of Alternate Alignment (Sith vs. Republic)?

Belaeren

I have two characters now, one a Jedi Sage with Artifice, and one a Sith Juggernaut with Synthweaving. My plan was to use each to craft gear for the other ... until I just tried to mail some light armour boots to my Sage and discovered it was prohibited!

Given that we have 6 crafting profession options, and only four character slots per Sith/Republic alignment (assuming we want all classes), how can we effectively craft everything for ourselves to be self-sustained? Is the answer: you can't?

I have two characters now, one a Jedi Sage with Artifice, and one a Sith Juggernaut with Synthweaving. My plan was to use each to craft gear for the other ... until I just tried to mail some light armour boots to my Sage and discovered it was prohibited!

Given that we have 6 crafting profession options, and only four character slots per Sith/Republic alignment (assuming we want all classes), how can we effectively craft everything for ourselves to be self-sustained? Is the answer: you can't?

If you want to be able to craft everything yourself then yes you will need to make 6 same faction toons. Otherwise coordinate with guildies and/or friends to level up the ones you don't have.

If you really want to be self-sustained on both sides, you'll have to roll six toons on one server and six toons of the opposite facion on another server.