Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN deposit too big?!

Assaultrooper
12.17.2011 , 08:45 AM | #1
Ok have you guys noticed that the GTN charges a deposit based on a % from the Price you put in the item?

Meaning, if I put my epic metal up for 200 credits, my deposit is less than if I put it for 10000 credits. Now the prob with this, is I tried the latter and guess what? I was been charged 2k credits for deposits!!! ***?! Im trying to prove my guildie wrong and that you can make money as something besides slicing.... but Im losing the bet, and this aint helping...
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

Armaso
12.17.2011 , 09:03 AM | #2
Seems normal to me. You have to put up more money to sell higher priced items...

Only thing to say about slicing is...train it before they fix it.

Assaultrooper
12.17.2011 , 09:19 AM | #3
Well the thing is normally the deposit is fixed. That is when I put higher items its more. But as of now the deposit changes based on the price u set the item for.
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

HoldenThunk
12.17.2011 , 09:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Assaultrooper View Post
Well the thing is normally the deposit is fixed. That is when I put higher items its more. But as of now the deposit changes based on the price u set the item for.
It's a percentage, and it's pretty standard for MMO auction houses. I didn't pay much attention to what the percentage actually is, but what it amounts to is this: Don't list things for more than you think you can sell them for. If the item sells, you get the deposit back.