Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only PVPers can have augmented orange gloves/boots?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Only PVPers can have augmented orange gloves/boots?

Ancen
04.16.2012 , 11:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
I'd be willing to bet if Bioware were to release some demographic data that you would see a rather significant portion of the population that does either zero or very minimal PVP -- especially on PVE-designated servers.

But that is all beside the point. The fact remains that there is currently only one way to obtain orange augmented gloves and boots and that is by PVPing enough to get a BM/WL rank.

PVP should never be a requirement to get the best PVE gear, and neither should PVE be a requirement to get the best PVP gear -- the two need to be balanced and have equal opportuinities. This is a very simple case and could be fixed quite easily by adding in a couple new recipes. It really isn't that much to ask for.
I was ready to flame, but unfortunately for my bloodlust... you made a good point. While I like there being crossover in gear usage, I agree that it shouldn't be a REQUIREMENT to do X in order to get gear for Y, just be an option instead. So I'll thumbs-up the idea of adding a PVE schematic for 'em.

The_Duck
04.17.2012 , 11:34 AM | #22
how do you get battlemaster schematics? are they on the battlemaster vendor or somewhere else?
- The Duck

Militum
04.17.2012 , 12:08 PM | #23
I personally would love to craft all the PVE skins and add my PVP mods to them.
Starwidow <RPers>

Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity. - Hippocrates

lordofdamornin
04.17.2012 , 01:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
how do you get battlemaster schematics? are they on the battlemaster vendor or somewhere else?
Both the BM, and WH vendors have schematic sets for their respective armors. 50k gets you all 5 visible pieces, but they are empty shells, and require Valor 60 and 70, respectively, to wear.

Rit

Flying-Brian
04.17.2012 , 06:17 PM | #25
In my case I want to keep my 4pc bonus from my rakata gear which means not using orange pieces for those slots. So naturally I went to look for an augmented orange item for my one non-set armor piece which is gloves in my case and was soon dismayed that the only ones available are all PVP ones.
You could always use an augmented chest piece. That's what i did with my pve set. As this gave me the most amount of customization I could get, since the colors are based on the chest (and some items match with some weird off colors).

Flying-Brian
04.17.2012 , 06:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Militum View Post
I personally would love to craft all the PVE skins and add my PVP mods to them.
I went this way with my pvp gear. 3 pieces of armor crafted w/ augments (head, chest. legs) and the gloves and boots from the pve set (tionese gear is good for the set bonus), then moved all the mods out of my BM pvp set to those.

Shoogli
04.17.2012 , 07:48 PM | #27
It strikes me as greatly unfair to the PVE crowd that there are no recipes available for crafting orange gloves or boots.
Unless i'm mistaken, or the feature didn't make it in :

You can R/E campaign gear you loot in operations to get orange schematics from those.
So what we have is a PVP requirement (rating) for PVP gloves and boots and a PVE requirement (raiding) for PVE boots and gloves...

That's what I heard/read it was supposed to be, maybe it's not the case ?
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

GeorgeWashington
04.18.2012 , 03:36 PM | #28
I think that if they're going to stick with the valor requirement for war hero gear an alternative requirement should be in place so the crafters can actually wear the gear they craft. such as 70 valor required or 400 armormech
I see you in the Sarlaac Pit.

Lonestrum
04.18.2012 , 04:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
Unless i'm mistaken, or the feature didn't make it in :

You can R/E campaign gear you loot in operations to get orange schematics from those.
So what we have is a PVP requirement (rating) for PVP gloves and boots and a PVE requirement (raiding) for PVE boots and gloves...

That's what I heard/read it was supposed to be, maybe it's not the case ?
what the issue is the pvpers can get said augmetned boe items gloves boots, for 55k off the pvp vendors and raiders have to spend a few weeks doing HM Denova and then get luck for items drop then get lucky to learn the pattern. Even then the item is bop and cant be sold to others.

Kelderek
04.18.2012 , 04:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lonestrum View Post
what the issue is the pvpers can get said augmetned boe items gloves boots, for 55k off the pvp vendors and raiders have to spend a few weeks doing HM Denova and then get luck for items drop then get lucky to learn the pattern. Even then the item is bop and cant be sold to others.
Yeah there is a HUGE difference between buying a schematic off a vendor and having to depend on either winning drops in raids or raiding long enough to collect commendations to buy black hole gear AND still have to deal with RNG of learning a schematic through reverse engineering.

In addition the materials needed to craft the PVE tier 2 gear is very rough, requiring even more drops from raids. And on top of that you have to be able to craft enough of them to get a crit for an augment slot.

A crit crafted piece of black hole or campaign armor will probably have about 10 million credits worth of materials invested in it even though it will be an empty shell orange item with no mods.

TLDR; PVEers need an alternative to REing tier 2 raid gear for acquiring schematics for orange gloves and boots.