Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only PVPers can have augmented orange gloves/boots?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Only PVPers can have augmented orange gloves/boots?

ShadowOfVey
04.16.2012 , 12:31 AM | #12
I think it's pretty funny they overlooked this all this time.

doppleprophet
04.16.2012 , 02:01 AM | #13
http://www.torhead.com/item/dyU7Idi/...-officer-boots

available from the current Live event.

venomlash
04.16.2012 , 02:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by doppleprophet View Post
http://www.torhead.com/item/dyU7Idi/...-officer-boots

available from the current Live event.
One, those are light armor, and so are useless to everyone but Consulars/Inquisitors. Two, Torhead has a habit of putting augment slots on the articles for items that don't actually have them. I can confirm that these boots are NOT augmented.

Frankly, the changes to crafting in 1.2 really just screwed over the PvEers and crafters, of which I am both. They should have just allowed us to RE orange gear for schematics, even if it meant pushing back 1.2 another month.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Wallach
04.16.2012 , 03:23 AM | #15
What's even funnier to me is that they put orange bracers/belts on the Legacy vendors, but still won't give us recipes to craft them. Even the BM/WH orange sets don't have them, so they're orange sets that you can't actually complete visually without wearing a PvP item in the waist slot. Pretty half-baked.

Serbegorn
04.16.2012 , 05:15 AM | #16
Augments suck now anyways so I don't see what all the hoopla is.

Ancen
04.16.2012 , 05:16 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by dougan View Post
I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention from min/max PvEers.

I'm a PvPer myself, but I agree with you, OP.
... pvp'ers min/max too. Well, the good ones that is. As far as people who do both pve and pvp, like virtually everyone does, we can get augmented everything. Raid PVE-only players are fairly rare... PVP-only players are a bit more common... people who do both some are basically a dime a dozen. People who do both well, now... rare too .

Jalez
04.16.2012 , 05:38 AM | #18
Lol PvE
Jalez- Jedi Sage -Canderous Ordo
Soze- RR 12 Eldritch DAOC
PvP'ing in MMO's since 2002

Ancen
04.16.2012 , 01:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalez View Post
Lol PvE
Can't help but agree... RVR for the win. Played DAOC from 2001-2008.

Kelderek
04.16.2012 , 02:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancen View Post
... pvp'ers min/max too. Well, the good ones that is. As far as people who do both pve and pvp, like virtually everyone does, we can get augmented everything. Raid PVE-only players are fairly rare... PVP-only players are a bit more common... people who do both some are basically a dime a dozen. People who do both well, now... rare too .
I'd be willing to bet if Bioware were to release some demographic data that you would see a rather significant portion of the population that does either zero or very minimal PVP -- especially on PVE-designated servers.

But that is all beside the point. The fact remains that there is currently only one way to obtain orange augmented gloves and boots and that is by PVPing enough to get a BM/WL rank.

PVP should never be a requirement to get the best PVE gear, and neither should PVE be a requirement to get the best PVP gear -- the two need to be balanced and have equal opportuinities. This is a very simple case and could be fixed quite easily by adding in a couple new recipes. It really isn't that much to ask for.