Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only PVPers can have augmented orange gloves/boots?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Only PVPers can have augmented orange gloves/boots?

04.15.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1
It strikes me as greatly unfair to the PVE crowd that there are no recipes available for crafting orange gloves or boots.

The only crafting recipes for orange gloves and boots are for PVP (battlemaster and war hero) and those require either valor rank or a warzone rating to equip.

Where's the love for those of us who don't PVP?

I know that we're supposed to be able to use reverse engineering to obtain some recipes, but no one has managed to make and sell any orange gloves or boots on my server yet besides the PVP ones.

Bioware, please fix this and add in some easy-to-acquire recipes for orange gloves and boots that do not require PVP stats to equip.

04.15.2012 , 06:42 PM | #2
thought i would never see a pve'r cry about pvp items.

04.15.2012 , 06:43 PM | #3
I thought BM gear no longer has any rating to equip?

04.15.2012 , 06:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
I thought BM gear no longer has any rating to equip?
Crafted does.

04.15.2012 , 06:56 PM | #5
I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention from min/max PvEers.

I'm a PvPer myself, but I agree with you, OP.

04.15.2012 , 07:03 PM | #6
I think a lot of us (pvers) just aren't sure if there is a source for us. There may be from campaign gear, but if that's the only case, it's much harder to obtain.
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

04.15.2012 , 07:35 PM | #7
The only other source is exotech and energized from KP and those are BoP. BW just isn't up to doing the work.

04.15.2012 , 07:48 PM | #8
In my case I want to keep my 4pc bonus from my rakata gear which means not using orange pieces for those slots. So naturally I went to look for an augmented orange item for my one non-set armor piece which is gloves in my case and was soon dismayed that the only ones available are all PVP ones.

I have talked to many crafters and none of them knows of a way to make orange gloves or boots that anyone can use.

According to the patch notes you can RE tier 2 gear but it will be a long time before enough of that stuff drops so people are willing to burn through those items in RE attempts.

So basically, like I said in my first post, we PVEers are left without an option for augmented orange gloves and boots and I feel that this needs to be addressed.

04.15.2012 , 08:54 PM | #9
A possible way to rectify this oversight would be to widen the scope of the existing custom armor sets that crafters can make.

At present time we only have recipes for custom Chestpieces, Legs and Headgear. Usually the other (matching) pieces are bought from vendors, exist as level-locked unmodifyable blue recipes or found on mobs (or don't even exist, like the Aspiring Knight's custom armor). However, all of these can never be turned into an Augmented custom version.

Adding additional custom recipes to include Boots and Gloves (and maybe even Belts and Bracers?) would allow crafters to actually make full matching sets (with the potential to have them Augmented).

Another way for BioWare to rectify this oversight would be to introduce a schematic to crafters for something like an Augmentation Device (a consumable item which would allow people to use these in order to craft Augment slots onto their existing gear).
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

04.16.2012 , 12:10 AM | #10
This is what i have been trying to say!

For people like myself who like to min/max pve and only PVP on rare occasions its silly that my Armortech guy can help me by making me some aug boots and Gloves because i lack the valor requirement... So lame