Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 patch causing crashing on GTX 680 SLI when zoning

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
1.2 patch causing crashing on GTX 680 SLI when zoning

Ancen
04.15.2012 , 11:05 AM | #1
Ever since the 1.2 patch now, I'm running into crashes most of the time when zoning and I never had before. Maybe 3/5 times after zoning (any load screen that isn't a sub-area) I end up with either a TDR (driver recovery), *or* a full system lock. Everything's in check and it never happened until the 1.2 patch, and doesn't happen with any other game.

SYSTEM:

SWTOR 1.2 (maxed options including texture atlasing and aa)
GTX 680 SLI (301.10 *and* 301.24 drivers tested; FXAA on in driver panel causes it more frequently, these are the ONLY two sets available for the GTX 680 so far)
16gb ddr3
i7 2600k CPU
120gb sandforce ssd
64gb ssd
x-fi xtremegamer sound card
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" 2560x1600 S-IPS monitor

Anyone know of a fix? I was fine before the patch...

Wafflezzbutt
04.15.2012 , 11:14 AM | #2
I'm using GTX460s in SLI and have the same issue

This isn't really a solution, but its still better then crashing. I noticed that when my drivers would reset on a loading screen you would first see all kinds of graphic glitches and artifacts. The instant you see the messed up loading screen, alt+tab out immediately and then you can alt+tab back in and it continues to work fine. No crash

Ancen
04.15.2012 , 11:16 AM | #3
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that... I noticed the corruption too that occurred almost every time it would crash.

Ancen
04.15.2012 , 06:09 PM | #4
Thanks again, been using that tip all day and barring the rare crash on initial load of the game, I've been able to use the workaround successfully.

RicoFrost
04.15.2012 , 06:45 PM | #5
WOW so SLI is having some problem with this game?

I ask this because i am thinking of going SLI myself.
Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 8.1-64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB
Gigabyte GTX780 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

My Custom UI - http://www.swtorui.com/downloads/info81-XpellUI.html

Ancen
04.15.2012 , 08:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RicoFrost View Post
WOW so SLI is having some problem with this game?

I ask this because i am thinking of going SLI myself.
It happens with SLI disabled as well for me but less frequently, so it's not SLI only just a game issue (I assume). However, SLI has been flawless for me across a plethora of other titles, and other than needing this workaround it's great for TOR too.

RicoFrost
04.15.2012 , 09:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancen View Post
It happens with SLI disabled as well for me but less frequently, so it's not SLI only just a game issue (I assume). However, SLI has been flawless for me across a plethora of other titles, and other than needing this workaround it's great for TOR too.
GTX680 SLI must be fantastic to play on. I cant find any GTX680s for sale anywhere

Have you tried deleting the
-client setting.ini file
-the xml files
-and maybe even the cache file

Also is this happening when you hit ctrl+U U to reset the ui?

If it does then it would have to be one of those files, a setting in there maybe causing the problem.

Just an idea.
Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 8.1-64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB
Gigabyte GTX780 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

My Custom UI - http://www.swtorui.com/downloads/info81-XpellUI.html

Ancen
04.16.2012 , 05:29 AM | #8
Thanks for the ideas, but I have indeed tried all of that. It doesn't happen except when a full loading screen appears (i.e. between zones, ship, etc., not just a teleport with quick travel etc.). It is indeed quite nice to play games on , I snagged them on newegg the first day with a refresh script to keep tabs on stock and alert me. I see people posting that amazon is taking pre-orders some of the time, that's probably your best shot at getting one or two easily, otherwise try the add-on check4change for firefox and keep it pinned on your favorite brands. You can set it to make an alarm when it detects something like "out of stock" has changed on the page . Good luck if you decide to go for 'em!

Twigleaf
04.16.2012 , 05:54 AM | #9
Is your toon a crafter by chance with a lot of schematics? the one that crashes? I seriously do not think video cards are the reason for the crashes. Its more of a game issue I think, unrelated to video. I have come to conclusion, the schematics list and the new way they make sure to count items on the fly is the culprit.

jdhall
04.16.2012 , 06:16 AM | #10
I am having the same issue. But for me i only get a maximum of 20 mins of game time before the game just shuts down back to desktop or locks up completely. I have disabled the SLI and still no problem. It has to be something in this game because with everything else i can run in maximum graphics settings and no problem. Cant even play in very low here.