Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Minesweeper title (Colonel Vorgath, Denova Ops)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Minesweeper title (Colonel Vorgath, Denova Ops)

Fadepink
04.15.2012 , 01:52 AM | #1
This doesn't seem to be addressed anywhere except in the PTS threads, but I was wondering if anyone could clarify how this title is awarded/distributed to the Operations group after defeating Colonel Vorgath? My guild killed him yesterday, and only one member received the title; the person who operated the tower didn't even receive it :/

In PTS threads, people have claimed that their entire Ops group received the Minesweeper title, whilst another group had only two players receive it.

cbowsin
04.27.2012 , 12:18 PM | #2
Ran this last night. Seems only the people who get the tool-kit and diffuse the yellow mine are awarded the title.

We are not sure how it is determined who gets the tool-kit as our tank got 3 of them and a mdps got it once. Both were awarded the title. Is it proximity? Is it agro/threat?
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

xenofire
04.27.2012 , 12:51 PM | #3
It looks to be a random two people chosen from people who performed specific mine field solving related actions.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

jkcheng
04.27.2012 , 01:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cbowsin View Post
Ran this last night. Seems only the people who get the tool-kit and diffuse the yellow mine are awarded the title.

We are not sure how it is determined who gets the tool-kit as our tank got 3 of them and a mdps got it once. Both were awarded the title. Is it proximity? Is it agro/threat?
Think the Toolkit is determined by who gets the killing blow on the probe droid.

xenofire
04.27.2012 , 01:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jkcheng View Post
Think the Toolkit is determined by who gets the killing blow on the probe droid.
Incorrect.

Nyrdbyrd
04.27.2012 , 01:31 PM | #6
When we completed this event the two people that defused bombs as well as the tower person got the title.

Fossman
04.27.2012 , 01:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
Incorrect.
This is actually correct. Tested it myself last night.

xenofire
04.27.2012 , 01:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
This is actually correct. Tested it myself last night.
Sigh. Here's another test for you, one to prove you're wrong...
Have everyone dps from max melee range, and the person you want to be the defuser stand underneath the boss. When it dies, the person underneath the boss will get it every single time.

Why do you think in Methodicals video, all 4 times in 16 man the sage healer got the defuse kit even though he never attacked the droids once?

Fossman
04.27.2012 , 01:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
Sigh. Here's another test for you, one to prove you're wrong...
Have everyone dps from max melee range, and the person you want to be the defuser stand underneath the boss. When it dies, the person underneath the boss will get it every single time.

Why do you think in Methodicals video, all 4 times in 16 man the sage healer got the defuse kit even though he never attacked the droids once?
How did I get it last night when I was popping assassin droids standing in the opposite corner away from the droid?

xenofire
04.27.2012 , 02:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
How did I get it last night when I was popping assassin droids standing in the opposite corner away from the droid?
Dumb luck unless the game glitched.

We have people who don't have the minesweeper title takes turns standing underneath the boss. This way we know ahead of time who will defuse, and we can hope to spread out the titles. Never fails for us, the person underneath always gets it.

(If you watch methodicals 16 man HM video, they use the same tactic.)