Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

MXIII
04.16.2012 , 05:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
......A meager Jedi Knight (not even a Master?) is supposed to defeat the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith (at that point) ever? Really? Guess since it's our character.

I plan on rolling a DS JK, does being DS affect how I confront Vitiate?
He didnt defeat the emperor, he defeated his voice, which considering the Sith Warrior does too, isnt really that hard. The True Emperor would probably one shot your JK
There are no Heroes or Villains. Only Winners and Losers.

lokdron
04.16.2012 , 06:22 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MXIII View Post
He didnt defeat the emperor, he defeated his voice, which considering the Sith Warrior does too, isnt really that hard. The True Emperor would probably one shot your JK
I can imagine him flicking his wrist and wiping the entire room. I can't wait to meet the emperor.

Temeluchus
04.16.2012 , 11:43 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MXIII View Post
To be completely fair, the Voice the SW defeats not only lowers it's defenses but has Sel-Makor corrupting it and appears to be much less powerful than the one the JK fights.

I've played both the SW and the JK to 50 and the JK by far fights the tougher Voice.

On a side note, I'm still surprised by the people who stubbornly refuse to believe the JK did not kill the actual Emperor given the plethora of topics about it, knowledgeable people lurking about the forums and posts like Ranadiel's Primer on the Emperor, which breaks down the whole scenario for you.http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340056
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Magisch
04.16.2012 , 11:49 AM | #24
For realism, Grand Master Satele should obviously be with you when you face Vitiate. Hell, bring the entire Jedi Council too.

This is the most powerful, feared Dark Lord/Sith Emperor ever then. He eats planets, knows most every Dark Side technique which is how he's lived 1,300 years so far (not sure what lightsaber style he uses if at all cuz he's obviously a Sorc), but yea. Even then.....good luck Jedi......
But any other Person, even Satele Shan herself, would immedeatly be mind-twisted by the emperor, which is why you cant even bring your companions but your droid.

Makes sence since scourge is only with you because he waited 300 years for you to be born as the 'only person who can resist his dark influence'.

sincerly,
Jedi Master Mon'wan Daystar
<Barsen'thor of the Jedi Order>

Ranadiel_Marius
04.16.2012 , 12:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Magisch View Post
But any other Person, even Satele Shan herself, would immedeatly be mind-twisted by the emperor, which is why you cant even bring your companions but your droid.

Makes sence since scourge is only with you because he waited 300 years for you to be born as the 'only person who can resist his dark influence'.

sincerly,
Well it isn't entirely true that the JK is the only one who can resist that specific effect. Revan was able to do it as well(and resisted for close to 300 years). And since it is clearly implied that a person gains this resistance by breaking the Emperor's control after being controlled the first time, it seems likely that Kira should have it as well.

And then droids are naturally immune to the corrupting effects....although they are probably a bit more prone to death by force lightning making them a less than ideal response to the Emperor.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Aronean
04.16.2012 , 12:38 PM | #26
There is such little info on how the emperor works, sadly, do we even know if his true body is stronger than his voice? Seems with his failed dark side rituals he has weakened...makes you Wounder if his seemingly infinite power has become more finite over the centuries. Makes me think that from the novel that scourges theory was right that he feeds off the souls he consumed for his power and perhaps since its been more than 1000 years he is starting to weaken. Could be wrong.

Also something that interests me is when his voice body dies in the dark temple as shown in my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwPR...e_gdata_player (shameless promotion) he states that of he dies "everything" dies with him...what could that mean? Obviously it's not him tearing down the temple in his death throws because that would kill little over a hundred at most. Any theories?

Orcanus
04.16.2012 , 12:56 PM | #27
If the Emperor is going to die, it'll be done the same way that Malgus bites it: a pair or more of Flashpoints. Personally, I'm thinking Revan's returning (notice you didn't actually kill him, you just got him down to almost no health and he vanishes) and then the final flashpoint(s) will actually be Republic/Sith team-ups. But this is years and years down the road.

What I'm really wondering is how Bioware will incorporate the Sith Empire's final defeat. Pretty hard to write that in a satisfactory way for the Empire classes, especially when at least half of them become so integral to the Empire's leadership caste.

Rayla_Felana
04.16.2012 , 01:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Well it isn't entirely true that the JK is the only one who can resist that specific effect. Revan was able to do it as well(and resisted for close to 300 years). And since it is clearly implied that a person gains this resistance by breaking the Emperor's control after being controlled the first time, it seems likely that Kira should have it as well.

And then droids are naturally immune to the corrupting effects....although they are probably a bit more prone to death by force lightning making them a less than ideal response to the Emperor.
Correction, when Revan met the Emperor the first time he along with Malak was instantly dominated, he only escaped his influence because the Emperor was both distracted and the sheer amount of distance between them, so Revan just assumed the role of Darth Revan.

When he was imprisoned for 300 years it took Meetra Surik giving him the power to resist, he didn't do it by himself.

The Jedi Knight was seemingly under the Emperor's control for months, at least Master Din's spirit seems to suggest this, I suspect just as with Revan, that the mind-control only lasts so long.

Rayla_Felana
04.16.2012 , 01:15 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Orcanus View Post
If the Emperor is going to die, it'll be done the same way that Malgus bites it: a pair or more of Flashpoints. Personally, I'm thinking Revan's returning (notice you didn't actually kill him, you just got him down to almost no health and he vanishes) and then the final flashpoint(s) will actually be Republic/Sith team-ups. But this is years and years down the road.

What I'm really wondering is how Bioware will incorporate the Sith Empire's final defeat. Pretty hard to write that in a satisfactory way for the Empire classes, especially when at least half of them become so integral to the Empire's leadership caste.
Well they have time up to Darth Ruin's 2,000 BBY era, to have a major war, I imagine given the Legacy system, they are going to make the canonical length of this game very long indeed.

ProfessorWalsh
04.16.2012 , 01:23 PM | #30
For realism, Grand Master Satele should obviously be with you when you face Vitiate. Hell, bring the entire Jedi Council too.
There are storyline reasons why that won't work.

The Jedi Knight's special ability to ignore the Emperor's mind control is what makes it possible for him, and only him, to defeat the Emperor. Any other Jedi or Sith who attempted to take him on instantly becomes his slave.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind