Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

Girdeux
04.15.2012 , 07:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
......A meager Jedi Knight (not even a Master?) is supposed to defeat the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith (at that point) ever? Really? Guess since it's our character.

I plan on rolling a DS JK, does being DS affect how I confront Vitiate?
Except this "meager" Jedi Knight isnt any ordinary jedi knight. His the Luke Skywalker of this era. Once this games over and done with people wont be talking about Revan anymore, itll be about this JK.

For realism, Grand Master Satele should obviously be with you when you face Vitiate. Hell, bring the entire Jedi Council too.

This is the most powerful, feared Dark Lord/Sith Emperor ever then. He eats planets, knows most every Dark Side technique which is how he's lived 1,300 years so far (not sure what lightsaber style he uses if at all cuz he's obviously a Sorc), but yea. Even then.....good luck Jedi......
By Planets, you mean ONE planet that required the ritual of thousands of Sith Lords for him to achieve long life?

Every single class hero in the game walks in out of nowhere to become the most powerful at whatever it is they do in the end of there class story. If you dont exactly like the way it is then it seems this game story isnt for you.

Captain_Zone
04.15.2012 , 07:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Except this "meager" Jedi Knight isnt any ordinary jedi knight. His the Luke Skywalker of this era. Once this games over and done with people wont be talking about Revan anymore, itll be about this JK.

By Planets, you mean ONE planet that required the ritual of thousands of Sith Lords for him to achieve long life?

Every single class hero in the game walks in out of nowhere to become the most powerful at whatever it is they do in the end of there class story. If you dont exactly like the way it is then it seems this game isnt for you.
Actually, the JK in TOR is more along the lines of the Kyle Katarn of his era... at least that's how I played him. The Knight who took no crap off anybody. Yeah, I was only barely Light IV by the end of the story.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Kelzack
04.15.2012 , 07:14 PM | #13
......A meager Jedi Knight (not even a Master?) is supposed to defeat the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith (at that point) ever? Really? Guess since it's our character.

I plan on rolling a DS JK, does being DS affect how I confront Vitiate?
Sir, I have to correct you.

The most power Dark Lord is Sidious.

Slowpokeking
04.15.2012 , 08:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Actually, the JK in TOR is more along the lines of the Kyle Katarn of his era... at least that's how I played him. The Knight who took no crap off anybody. Yeah, I was only barely Light IV by the end of the story.
Maybe he will became Ulic...

Chowzor
04.15.2012 , 08:56 PM | #15
omg spoilers in the title

darthtrunkmonkey
04.15.2012 , 09:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelzack View Post
Sir, I have to correct you.

The most power Dark Lord is Sidious.
no...not by a long shot...

palpatine didn't even live for 100years...

yet the sith emperor lived for well over 1000...even outliving yoda's 900years(different time eras though)

Temeluchus
04.15.2012 , 10:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Magisch View Post
Well wether or not his true body still exists let alone has any effects in future is pure speculation. Whats set is that it won't have any serious influence on the outcome of the further Star wars history.
His true body does exist. Its said throughout the SW storyline that the Emperor's true self has been outside of the known galaxy for some time and that the Emperor will unleash the SW while he recovers his strength. The JK defeated one of the Emperor's Voices,which while nothing to sneeze at, are just vessels for the Emperor.

Think of the Voice as avatars were for various culture's Gods, they were an extension of the God's power and a way for the God to interact with the lowly humans, but they only contained a slight bit of the God's actual power.

The Emperor has been set up in both the TOR game,comics and books as the ultimate baddie for TOR, he is dangerous to both factions because of his ultimate goals.

That being said, no way is BW crazy enough to kill off the ultimate baddie for the game in one class's story and thus forcing people to roll a certain class to participate in his defeat. As nuts as BW is at times, No.Freaking.Way.Did.They.Do.That.

Expect to see the Emperor returning to the know galaxy and burning worlds in future expansions and story content.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Aronean
04.15.2012 , 10:41 PM | #18
Go watch my Video and you will understand how he is still alive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwPR...AL8-iOWxJ3ubQ=

Spoiler

Also i believe if that was the emperors true body he would of had a better escape plan lined up than "whoops my darkside rituals didn't work and now im weaker because of it....Ill sit here without the aid of the full dark council to protect me while the whole republic fleet attacks....yea seems safe.

Tuscad
04.16.2012 , 02:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Magisch View Post
Anyways, according to wookiepedia, he never returned to public attention after his painful defeat on the hands of the Jedi knight.
Where did Wookiee even get this information?
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Ranadiel_Marius
04.16.2012 , 05:13 AM | #20
For realism, Grand Master Satele should obviously be with you when you face Vitiate. Hell, bring the entire Jedi Council too.
Oh god no. That is a horrible idea. That would just be giving the Emperor reinforcements as he corrupted the entire Jedi Council. Now borrowing 4X from the Trooper might work as might borrowing the Consulars army of droids, but bringing in any organic other than maybe Kira would be a horrible idea as they would be turned fairly quickly.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)