Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light sided Sith

Velaran
04.25.2012 , 03:00 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Rhyltan whenever you post I feel like shaking your hand because on these forums it seems that people don't know much about the sith and on how dark side/ light side powers work. The LS sith characters still using dark side powers is simple gameplay mechanics if canon had its way and if you are on the light side most of your dark side force powers would end up hurting you or outright not working and vice versa. For a DS user trying to attempt LS force powers they would not work.

Heck the description of force rage says that if the person using it is not attuned to the dark side like dark side rank 1-5 the force power could end up hurting their connection to the force or hurt them physically. If this happend a lot of LS sith warriors would be in pain majority of the time. Don't even get me started on SI DS force powers.
Hmm. Then I guess the Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast series don't make much sense either, because I remember getting the LS ending in both games and shooting lightning the whole way.

Rhyltran
04.25.2012 , 04:29 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Velaran View Post
Hmm. Then I guess the Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast series don't make much sense either, because I remember getting the LS ending in both games and shooting lightning the whole way.
Game Mechanics aren't Canon.

Velaran
04.25.2012 , 04:39 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Game Mechanics aren't Canon.
Then I suppose Kyle Katarn isn't canon either.

Rhyltran
04.25.2012 , 04:49 AM | #64
Then I suppose Kyle Katarn isn't canon either.
Kyle is Canon and he rarely uses dark side powers. He has before but he's also admitted that he isn't perfect. He's also nearly fallen to the dark side multiple times. He tries to use said powers as little as possible.

Velaran
04.25.2012 , 04:54 AM | #65
Kyle is Canon and he rarely uses dark side powers. He has before but he's also admitted that he isn't perfect. He's also nearly fallen to the dark side multiple times. He tries to use said powers as little as possible.
Saying that he doesn't use them much is very different from saying that he doesn't use them at all, and he's never shown any sign of physical pain when using them either.

Rhyltran
04.25.2012 , 04:59 AM | #66
Saying that he doesn't use them much is very different from saying that he doesn't use them at all, and he's never shown any sign of physical pain when using them either.

I didn't claim he didn't use them at all. I stated that gameplay mechanics aren't canon. He didn't go around blasting force lightning everywhere. It also doesn't refute my argument. Someone that follows the light side uses the light side of the force. Your example is someone who uses the dark side "rarely." and anytime he is doing so he is giving in to his anger/the dark side. That's not exactly a good case that "Light uses the dark side too." I also wasn't the one who claimed using the dark side puts you in pain. I did say, however, that using the dark side puts you at extreme risk of falling to the dark side.

Note that Luke does not advocate or teach his students how to use the dark side of the force.

Kaisernick
04.25.2012 , 07:35 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
Republic appear as the good guy when playing republic. The story is biased toward the side you play.
really?

Spoiler

Malles
04.25.2012 , 07:47 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by MouseNoFour View Post
I have a Marauder, Juggernaut, Sorceress and Assassin. All of which are light sided. Some much more than others.

One of the ironies about playing light sided Sith, is that not only do the NPC's not like you - but the OTHER PLAYERS dont like you either!

It is actually kinda perfect that way. So you feel more at home playing a much hated light side Sith - as the other players disgust at you fits right into the story of playing a Sith who doesnt conform to the usual ways of a Sith.

Playing a dark side Sith, pretty much everyone ignores you and you become just one of the 'sheep'. One in the crowd so to speak.
I played LS Sith Warrior up until the Tatooine story. LS Sith didn't feel to "Sithy" to me, so I rerolled. But I did get a kick out of some of the NPC's choices. Sith openly disliked you, but the regular soldiers and grunts gave you the weirdest looks.

"My lord...really? You sure? But...you're Sith! That's now how it works!"
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

OldVengeance
04.25.2012 , 10:07 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
really?

Spoiler
You didn't think the endless parade of horrors the Empire did on every planet was worse?

Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
I played LS Sith Warrior up until the Tatooine story. LS Sith didn't feel to "Sithy" to me, so I rerolled. But I did get a kick out of some of the NPC's choices. Sith openly disliked you, but the regular soldiers and grunts gave you the weirdest looks.

"My lord...really? You sure? But...you're Sith! That's now how it works!"
Didn't Tatooine actually have a semi-effective tool for a LS Sith Warrior to fall to the darkside in it's story?

Velaran
04.25.2012 , 12:43 PM | #70
I didn't claim he didn't use them at all. I stated that gameplay mechanics aren't canon. He didn't go around blasting force lightning everywhere. It also doesn't refute my argument. Someone that follows the light side uses the light side of the force. Your example is someone who uses the dark side "rarely." and anytime he is doing so he is giving in to his anger/the dark side. That's not exactly a good case that "Light uses the dark side too." I also wasn't the one who claimed using the dark side puts you in pain. I did say, however, that using the dark side puts you at extreme risk of falling to the dark side.

Note that Luke does not advocate or teach his students how to use the dark side of the force.
/Facepalm

Gah! Sorry about that, I posted most of these early in the morning and didn't realize I was arguing with the wrong person. I can semi-agree with you on your second-to-last point though: Overuse of the Dark Side comes with a heavy risk of succumbing to it completely. It's a bit like a drug really, overuse can lead to addiction, and perhaps an overdose.

Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Didn't Tatooine actually have a semi-effective tool for a LS Sith Warrior to fall to the darkside in it's story?
The morality system at play here is a bit boinked anyhow. As a "Light Side" Sith, I just accepted my dark side. There was little reason to deny that it existed, or that it would always be a part of me.