Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Light sided Sith


Gnanika's Avatar


Gnanika
04.15.2012 , 03:48 AM | #31
What kind of weird server are you on? I have a friend who is an obsessively LS Operative, and no one has ever given him grief (beyond saying 'booooooo' once when he won the roll in some instance). Sending you mail about it? Like, wut?

I play the majority of my characters as LS, and I'm Imperial. Some of them are less patient than others, but most of the DS options just make you seem like a sadistic twerp (I have one character that is pretty evil though, as that is what I'm shooting for), not some kind of evil genius ******, which is what I might be more attracted to playing. Hey, let me kill or torture everyone who ever associates with me for mostly no reason. That sounds like a fantastic way of building a power base and winning future allies. Flock to me, my children. Ignore the enormous body pile outside the door.

MouseNoFour's Avatar


MouseNoFour
04.15.2012 , 10:06 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Gnanika View Post
What kind of weird server are you on? I have a friend who is an obsessively LS Operative, and no one has ever given him grief (beyond saying 'booooooo' once when he won the roll in some instance). Sending you mail about it? Like, wut?

I play the majority of my characters as LS, and I'm Imperial. Some of them are less patient than others, but most of the DS options just make you seem like a sadistic twerp (I have one character that is pretty evil though, as that is what I'm shooting for), not some kind of evil genius ******, which is what I might be more attracted to playing. Hey, let me kill or torture everyone who ever associates with me for mostly no reason. That sounds like a fantastic way of building a power base and winning future allies. Flock to me, my children. Ignore the enormous body pile outside the door.
It isnt as obvious that your light side, until you choose light sided options in multiplayer dialogue. You have the ability to turn off sith corruption, which a lot of players do because they want to be evil and ''look good'' at the same time. They want the character they created from level 1, through to 50 and beyond and not have dark side corruption alter their looks.

If you never group with anyone, or group with ''space bar users'' you arent likely to see the hatred for light sided sith. If you never announce in general, post items only usable by light siders or hint to others what you do/are then nobody will know you are.

TheBetty's Avatar


TheBetty
04.15.2012 , 10:23 PM | #33
I'm sorry but if given the choice to save the scientists or blow them out the airlock....*pushes airlock release button* hee hee
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
04.15.2012 , 10:28 PM | #34
I only play on RP'ing servers but I think the way you treat players is a different issue than how your character would treat other characters of different alignments.

KBSIP's Avatar


KBSIP
04.16.2012 , 02:12 AM | #35
Light V Powertech, always winning my social rolls to the dismay of my FP group. They whine, I laugh, RAILSHOT

Clonedzero's Avatar


Clonedzero
04.16.2012 , 03:20 AM | #36
im playing a lightsided sith assassin. i find it FAR more interesting than darkside actually.

you get your own unique perspectives on how sith society should be, your own interpretation of the sith code. motivations and goals that make sense and dont seem like its out of a goofy tv show villians notebook.

darkside just sorta comes off as a goofy over the top violent sociopath. how completely and utterly boring....

lightside is more of an anti-hero type. genuinely trying to improve the severely flawed traditionalist society around him thats led by insane cartoon villains.

not to mention more than half the time the darkside choices are goofy and unnecessary. "oh ive been tasked with finding this guy and bringing him back alive so we can find out some critical information....but im EVIL MWHAHAHA IMA KILL HIM FOR NO APPARENT REASON OTHER THAN IM EVIL MWHAHAHA"

i dont understand how people can be so into it. being darkside is like being a 5 year olds idea of what a villian should be. just kills dudes and kicks puppies, its silly and i can't stand playing a character so one dimensional.

FigeroMentel's Avatar


FigeroMentel
04.22.2012 , 02:53 AM | #37
Well honestly, I still hold that The Imperials are the good guys in this game, so a light-sided Sith isn't really a problem for me.

erei's Avatar


erei
04.22.2012 , 05:14 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by FigeroMentel View Post
Well honestly, I still hold that The Imperials are the good guys in this game, so a light-sided Sith isn't really a problem for me.
They are a bit good guy when playing them, and Rep is bad guy. Republic appear as the good guy when playing republic. The story is biased toward the side you play. The same you are always on the winning side, whatever faction you choose, and the others side is taking desperate measures.


I play an IA LS (more than DS anyway). She is not a saint, but she have ideals, and she follow them. She is not a psychotic, she do not kill just for fun.
And most of the time, especially during sidequests, the LS choices are "save the guy to turn him for the empire/make him prisoner for more infos", while the DS choices are more "kill this guy because it's fun". The LS choices seems more clever, and adds power to the empire, while the DS choice are just evil, and doesn't help the empire.

Anyway, there is a lot of LS people on my server (non rp). No problems so far being LS, even a good laugh when we were 3 LS people for 1DS during black talon.

FigeroMentel's Avatar


FigeroMentel
04.22.2012 , 05:41 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
They are a bit good guy when playing them, and Rep is bad guy. Republic appear as the good guy when playing republic. The story is biased toward the side you play. The same you are always on the winning side, whatever faction you choose, and the others side is taking desperate measures.
That's probably true, but all I know for sure is that from The Imperial stories, The Empire are the good guys and The Republic are just pretending to be good.

mArchangel's Avatar


mArchangel
04.23.2012 , 10:16 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Awww don't think that way.


People love Light Sith.
For me personally there is no such thing as LightSide sith, and I see the whole alignment concept as a huuuuge fail as it is only truly worthwhile in a single player game and should not be part of this as it is NON-consequential as to what you choose on a gameplay level. People pick whatever answer to get the gear they want. Epic decisions that have impact? Have not laughed harder in a while. It's actually exactly that what makes me call BioWare devs liars. I had high hopes for this feature but ultimately is just another complete blunder.

As for how people see you......well......can't say it matters to me at all what alignment anyone has, but THAT is exactly the problem.
'If all children would mature according to early indications, the world would be full of geniuses.' - J.W. v.Goethe