Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light sided Sith

Stultophobe
02.09.2013 , 04:19 PM | #151
It would be neat (and also relatively easy) to implement a system where 50s who have completed their story arc could swap sides. There could be a brief story event/dialogue/cinematic, whatever, during which you would betray your default faction and then *poof* you load the opposite faction's fleet and join their faction. And since EA/Bioware likes their alignment requirements so much they could have it so you need to be Light/Dark V in order to swap sides (but that's not me talking).

It would be easy because there aren't very many missions that identify your class in the 50 bracket. It would just be a matter of swapping your IFF.
HK-47: "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

OldVengeance
02.09.2013 , 06:12 PM | #152
They've have to record all new extra dialogue for both the PCs and NPCs to account for the faction change.

TheWhacko
02.10.2013 , 12:09 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by LinKStatiC View Post
As Light V Bounty Hunter, I never kill people just because I can. I have nothing to prove to myself.

I also view my current employer, The Sith Empire, as rather ineffective entity, based on fear and run by bunch of shortsighted cretins. But, credits are credits, and I won't walk away from good contract just because it is being posted by a person who is likely to be killed by his superior or subordinate in some silly power play.
Heard that. Plus you gotta milk that cow for all its worth before the Republic knocks 'em out in Round 2. Come on, we all know its gonna happen.
If you DON'T support Playable Wookiees, Ewoks, or Jawas, add this to your Signature

FastestGravy
02.11.2013 , 05:37 AM | #154
I like my light side SW just now. She is essentially more honour driven than anything else. Also I'll do anything if it annoys the likes of Barrus and Kilran.

My assassin varies wildly in choices, depending more on how I feel at the time. This makes her seem more unstable, unpredictable and quite psychotic, which I find more entertaining and fitting.

I have never experienced too much hate from other players towards my choices and there are certain companions that react better to LS choices than others, I think more so in the SW story than the inquisitor's.

Chaloss
02.11.2013 , 07:32 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by FastestGravy View Post
I like my light side SW just now. She is essentially more honour driven than anything else. Also I'll do anything if it annoys the likes of Barrus and Kilran.

My assassin varies wildly in choices, depending more on how I feel at the time. This makes her seem more unstable, unpredictable and quite psychotic, which I find more entertaining and fitting.

I have never experienced too much hate from other players towards my choices and there are certain companions that react better to LS choices than others, I think more so in the SW story than the inquisitor's.
Leaving aside other factors I do not get why people say Warrior companions fit more to LS than Inquisitor. If anything I would say opposite.

While Inquisitor gets two clear dark companions getting them is done in way that shows no inclination to dark side imo. I still scratch head of my Warrior about the last companion they get.

Surinen
02.11.2013 , 07:48 AM | #156
my characters have no interest in light sided options, these are mostly irrational and driven by a "moral" weakness. honor is just another word that people throw to put delusional restrictions on themselves - there is only goal and there is no mercy. also, it shoukd never be used together "light sided" and Sith as Sith cannot be a lightsider in a different than formal way.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

_biddan_
02.12.2013 , 12:57 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
my characters have no interest in light sided options, these are mostly irrational and driven by a "moral" weakness. honor is just another word that people throw to put delusional restrictions on themselves - there is only goal and there is no mercy. also, it shoukd never be used together "light sided" and Sith as Sith cannot be a lightsider in a different than formal way.
you sound like those super religious/super atheists,always talking about how bad the other side is and how stupid it is.

btw,i sicerely hope that you are playing on tomb of freedon nadd because i want to meet you and wave my warrior's "the pure" title on your white face full of creepy veins.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

SpiralWinters
02.13.2013 , 11:10 PM | #158
Thinking back over my Sith Warrior's story and the motivations I had in mind for her, the fact that she ended as "Light Side" seems ludicrous. I did not view my choices as, "Oh, this is the Light Side path. That one's Dark Side." I chose what suited her ultimate goals: the loyalty of the Imperial Navy, allies, causing Jedi to doubt their own rigid belief system, the dissolution of the Republic, and ultimate control of the Empire itself. Somehow that made her a "Light Side" Sith. Most of the time what I saw were smart long term decisions versus stupid short term gratification. I picked the relatively "smart" option. My character said something that came out intelligent, calculating, occasionally cruel, often imperious, and... voila! Light Side points!

Uh... Wait, what?

So, as far as the game is concerned I generally disregard the Light Side/Dark Side morality meter. It often makes little or no sense (killing a traitorous Hutt is bad but taking his drugs as a bribe is good?). I thoroughly enjoyed (with one exception) the way my Sith Warrior's story played out. That's what matters.

As far as lore goes: the Star Wars I grew up with kept it simple: the Dark Side is the quick, easy path, uses fear, anger, and hatred. Accessing the Light Side comes through calm, a clear mind, peace... Lucas (perhaps wisely) at the time did not get into the details.

That's all changed hasn't it? Oops!

The debate in here about "Light" Sith being less powerful than "Dark" Sith and "Light" Jedi seems a bit silly. Sith at this point are so numerous I don't see why its not possible that one could learn to use the full potential of the Light Side while being affiliated with the Sith Order. Because that's all they are: affiliations. Just because you're a card-carrying member of one doesn't mean you can't find your own path, learn on your own, and become a master of the Force in your own right. It would be difficult if your path runs against the grain of your affiliation but not impossible. And the will, determination - or whatever - it would take to survive while following that path would definitely mark you as a powerful individual. A Sith who learns how to follow the Light on his or her own might arguably be stronger than any Jedi Master just as any Jedi who learns how to fully embrace the Dark might be greater than any Sith Lord.

It really is all in your point of view... and, I suppose, the writing which gets retconned repeatedly to fit differering points of view for different mediums.

DavidMouse
02.14.2013 , 08:25 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
Thank you. In the Darth Bane series, Bane had to kill 2 children in front of their father's eyes to sustain himself when severly wounded (the father's pain gave him strength). A pure light jedi could have healed himself, but the gray light sith would not be able to draw strength from this act, thereby dying due to his weakness. There are many examples supporting this view, and if we seriously have to debate something as obvious as light sith being weaker than dark sith then we will never be able to have any form of substantitive debate. I wish we could move past this and discuss far more interesting star wars philosophy, like the effectiveness of the rule of two. In the meantime i will enjoy killing scrub jedi and light sith in pvp.
Why would they be using dark side abilities if they're light side sith? And, since sith and Jedi are just organizations, why couldn't a light side sith access the light side as much as any Jedi? Is there any definite reason to think drawing on positive emotions won't give you more access to the light side than the typical Jedi approach? Note: when we say light Sith, we mean PURE light Sith, as light as any Jedi. Even if the Jedi approach does lead to greater power, why couldn't a light side Sith follow EXACTLY the same path as a light Jedi.

DavidMouse
02.14.2013 , 08:42 AM | #160
Btw, I had both my Sith start out dark, but my pure blood warrior turned light and I intend for my twi'lek inquisitor to do the same. My Warrior was solid Dark until the Revanite quest line, and fully committed to the light on Tatooine. My inquisitor was always mostly dark, except she still resents the Empire, and is sympathetic to those who want to escape from it. She has her own emotional baggage that keeps her from going light for now. I intend for Andronikos and Ashara to give her a sense of security and stability. Currently, at lvl 25, she cries herself to sleep at night, because she knows what the Sith are, and what the Empire is, and saw immediately that Zash was too good to be true, but has enough anger from her past enslavement for all the dark side energies you could ask for, and doesn't know what to do about her life. Plus, she's super lonely.