Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Twice as many Light-side craftable color crystals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Twice as many Light-side craftable color crystals?

Fuzzytoad
12.17.2011 , 05:35 AM | #1
Why are there twice as many light-side color crystals available for crafting from the Artifice vendors?

Currently, I see blue & green available for Light with only Red available for Dark.

Yellow is available for both sides, as is Orange as a lvl 400 recipe.

Why all the love for Light?

edit: Sorry if there's already a thread about this, but there's no search function

GrandAdmrlThrawn
12.17.2011 , 05:42 AM | #2
Have you ever seen the Dark Side use anything other than red?
Master Jedi
"Q: Which side of an Ewok has the most fur? A: The outside!" - Jacen Solo

Fuzzytoad
12.17.2011 , 05:51 AM | #3
??

umm, yes.. silver, cyan, viridian, gold, bronze, black, etc..

that's coming from a variety of medium: novels, movies, TV, KOTOR, etc..

GavNash
12.17.2011 , 05:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzzytoad View Post
Why are there twice as many light-side color crystals available for crafting from the Artifice vendors?

Currently, I see blue & green available for Light with only Red available for Dark.

Yellow is available for both sides, as is Orange as a lvl 400 recipe.

Why all the love for Light?

edit: Sorry if there's already a thread about this, but there's no search function
So so true. We really deserve more exclusive options as Dark Siders. Plus, I don't understand why in the context of this game, orange isn't a darkside color. Yellow is the happy medium between green and blue and orange and red. IMO.

It's also very frustrating as an archeologist to have just over two dozen red crystals and close to a hundred blue and green.

Kheldras
12.17.2011 , 06:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GavNash View Post
So so true. We really deserve more exclusive options as Dark Siders. Plus, I don't understand why in the context of this game, orange isn't a darkside color. Yellow is the happy medium between green and blue and orange and red. IMO.

It's also very frustrating as an archeologist to have just over two dozen red crystals and close to a hundred blue and green.

You deserve? Sorry the Canon says otherwise.. Sith used Red as their only exclusive color.
No one forces you ti learn other color recipes.

Lore says so, Discussion end.

Btw.. a light sided Sith can use Blue & green.
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Fuzzytoad
12.17.2011 , 06:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheldras View Post
You deserve? Sorry the Canon says otherwise.. Sith used Red as their only exclusive color.
No one forces you ti learn other color recipes.

Lore says so, Discussion end.

Btw.. a light sided Sith can use Blue & green.
Which Canon? if you want to go with the one I think you're referring to, then there's only 3 colors: Red, Blue and Green. that's it, no more.(ie: After the Battle of Ruusan, that's all there is left)

If you go with Canon established in KOTOR, there's a multitude of colors. If you add the movies & Clone wars, there's even more.

Kheldras
12.17.2011 , 06:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzzytoad View Post
Which Canon? if you want to go with the one I think you're referring to, then there's only 3 colors: Red, Blue and Green. that's it, no more.(ie: After the Battle of Ruusan, that's all there is left)

If you go with Canon established in KOTOR, there's a multitude of colors. If you add the movies & Clone wars, there's even more.

Colors, yes. EXCLUSIVELY SITH used... Red.

Can you tell me any other color thats exclusively used by Sith?
Not even purple, cause Mace Windu used one.
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Fuzzytoad
12.17.2011 , 06:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheldras View Post
Colors, yes. EXCLUSIVELY SITH used... Red.

Can you tell me any other color thats exclusively used by Sith?
Not even purple, cause Mace Windu used one.
Galen Marak(Starkiller) - Aqua, yellow, gold, purple, black
Darth Zannah - Carmine(Bane's Heart)
Darth Caedus - Emerald
Darth Maladi - Pink(Lambent)
Imperial Knight standard issue - Silver(Durindfire)
Kyp Durron(after corruption by the spirit of Exar Kun) - Violet

oh, and I almost forgot Vader and Exar Kun, who both used Blue blades for some time after defecting

Zomgmeister
12.17.2011 , 06:55 AM | #9
I say give us some sort of coloristic "alchemy". I want Cyan crystals, for example. All high-saturated hues should be available.

Also, Anakin during battle with Obi-Wan in Episode 3 showed some pretty obvious signs of Sith corruption, harvested from all that slaughter. He used Blue crystal.

Maybe it's better to remove all restrictions on crystal colors? If my sith is evil as hell, but he does not care enough about traditions and just prefers green color - he should be able to do it. On the other hand, I sometimes think about dark-side Jedi with red glowsticks, who, perhaps, should be killed on sight by their traditional light-side peers.

kyledekyle
12.17.2011 , 07:14 AM | #10
Are there any advantages to being neutral? I don't want to auto select the most 'beneficial' option during quests.