Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR going f2p?

Obiwansghost
04.13.2012 , 10:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by evildestroyer View Post
This game is going in the wrong direction and you can clearly see hints of a F2P possibility.

Free weekends, 7 day passes and now 30 free days to everyone with lv 50s.

Its not a good sign, Bioware is not listening to their players and every day more and more people are quitting, its a fact.

At this rate SWTOR will do what DC universe did. F2P for basic features, P2P for full features.
WoW is f2p up to lvl 20. Yeah I think that game is doomed as well
Saberwing
"Return with honor"

Vehicles in SWTOR are NOT mounts.

grezgorz
04.13.2012 , 10:30 AM | #22
Maybe if they keep F-ing up, and giving us free months to compensate, it will become effectively F2P.

Lawrie
04.13.2012 , 10:31 AM | #23
I don't want it to be free to play, I just want it to be fun to play.
For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left behind after eight of sleep and eight of work.

evildestroyer
04.13.2012 , 10:31 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Obiwansghost View Post
WoW is f2p up to lvl 20. Yeah I think that game is doomed as well
Wow is also over 7 years old and not 4 months old.

RiteOn
04.13.2012 , 10:31 AM | #25
**** yeah, I just love posting stuff with "****" on the forums !!!

Tabz
04.13.2012 , 10:31 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by evildestroyer View Post
Ah the how young the game is excuse. I remember that being flown around in Warhammer and Aion...how did those two games turn out?

At a time when you have two big games coming out Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3, this is no time for big mistakes from Bioware.
Once again .. D3 .. a game that's delayed ... delayed ... delayed ... pulled apart and still has crap graphics and will prob be delayed again ..

Guildwars 2 ... a MMO that is quite nice looking ... yet is going to have the same issues this is if not more ..

A failed retort is just that.

chris_rw
04.13.2012 , 10:32 AM | #27
Isn't this the 2nd most successful MMO in history? I don't get all of the whining 'everyone's leaving' hysteria.

Kthx
04.13.2012 , 10:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
I think it should with the amount of **** that's happening and how bad the game is right now.
While this is anecdotal evidence, there was a ~50% increase in players on Fleet last night on my server (179 vs. ~110).

jarethkor
04.13.2012 , 10:34 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by direblaze View Post
I dont play F2p GAMES, they are for jobless peasants
I'm an employed pheasant can I still play?

istvana
04.13.2012 , 10:34 AM | #30
If a day down because of problems after a big patch meant a game needed to be free - every MMO would be free.

Free play generally means a drastically lower maturity level and a large number of players that don't give a crap about the game or fellow players. I've seen that on DDO and LOTRO and EQ2. Granted DDO had to do it because the game was dead otherwise.

The door isn't all THAT heavy - go free play and I won't worry that much about my posterior as I depart.