Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Must accept nerfs...then let us change AC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Must accept nerfs...then let us change AC

Florial's Avatar


Florial
04.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
So if a one-time AC respec were to happen, what will you do when the next set of changes comes out which re-buffs Commando and/or nerfs Vanguard? Are we going to see another one of these threads from you asking to switch back?

Besides, don't you enjoy not just hitting the key for grav round over and over (with an occasional FA mixed in)?
I know this is a dream but I would love some huge questline you had to do (plus a large credit investment) to change your AC. I loved the betrayal quest in EQ2 and still remember that fondly. I'm for a one time respec but make it one time. If something else changes, too bad. Roll up another character. I don't encourage flip flopping due to FOTM changes. One time swtich with tasty questline? Would be pretty darned fun imo.

In my case, I should have deleted my Sith Inquisitor when I rolled up my new one. Unfotunately I spent quite a few credits on her for my speeder piloting, ship upgrades, etc. My fault entirely I know.

SalBasss's Avatar


SalBasss
04.13.2012 , 11:57 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Florial View Post
I know this is a dream but I would love some huge questline you had to do (plus a large credit investment) to change your AC. I loved the betrayal quest in EQ2 and still remember that fondly. I'm for a one time respec but make it one time. If something else changes, too bad. Roll up another character. I don't encourage flip flopping due to FOTM changes. One time swtich with tasty questline? Would be pretty darned fun imo.

In my case, I should have deleted my Sith Inquisitor when I rolled up my new one. Unfotunately I spent quite a few credits on her for my speeder piloting, ship upgrades, etc. My fault entirely I know.
Yeah, I don't hate that idea. I don't necessarily like it etiher, though, and here's why:

1. Bioware repeatedly has said since prior to launch that AC changes would not be allowed. There are 8 classes per faction, if you pick the wrong Trooper AC, too bad.

2. Players cry for AC change (like this thread)

3. Bioware creates the opportunity for a ONE TIME change with an epic questline (like you have suggested). They say, "make it count, this is it. If you screw it up, too bad."

4. Players complete quest and change AC.

5. Further changes to the game happen just like every other MMO.

6. Players cry for AC change #2 (like this thread).

7. Repeat #3-6.

Florial's Avatar


Florial
04.13.2012 , 12:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
Yeah, I don't hate that idea. I don't necessarily like it etiher, though, and here's why:

1. Bioware repeatedly has said since prior to launch that AC changes would not be allowed. There are 8 classes per faction, if you pick the wrong Trooper AC, too bad.

2. Players cry for AC change (like this thread)

3. Bioware creates the opportunity for a ONE TIME change with an epic questline (like you have suggested). They say, "make it count, this is it. If you screw it up, too bad."

4. Players complete quest and change AC.

5. Further changes to the game happen just like every other MMO.

6. Players cry for AC change #2 (like this thread).

7. Repeat #3-6.
People will always complain. At least with an epic questline, you've had the chance to play your class to 50. Once you do the questline, there is no going back---ever. If people whine about wanting to switch again, they don't get my sympathy vote, especially after completing a very lengthy questline. I just think it would be fun to have and some means to give you flexibily in playing another AC. As I said though, this is a dream and I'm sure it won't be implemented. I do want to play an assassin at some point but shudder at going through all the story again.

One question---was it ever possible to make an AC switch? I thought this option was in game prior to hitting level 20? I found it all too easy to make a wrong choice at level 10. Personally, I read the class descriptions very carefully but knew a few folks that clicked on the wrong thing and poof, had to start over again.

Redcorn's Avatar


Redcorn
04.13.2012 , 12:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by badmagic View Post
hooray for class balance, troops have been op since launch. Enjoy your nerf.
So what do you play and why do you feel the commando was OP? Did you have a problem with LOS avoidance? Did you play your class poorly? The numbers in PVP do not prove you to be correct, but facts probably mean nothing to you.

I guess you were upset at both the commando healers and gunnys.

So don't just say commandos were op tell us how they were OP....you can't because it is not true.

Redcorn's Avatar


Redcorn
04.13.2012 , 12:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyvan View Post
Redcorn,
I play a sorc. Lots of level 50 sorcs feel nerfed. It sucks. Re-roll a vangaurd. You will be happier and the rest of us won't have to hear you whine about how you deserve special treatment becuase you don't like the class you picked now that they've restructured it. The non-force healers were never meant to be as good as the force using ones, that's why they are supposed to be in support roles, alternating between damage and heals. Also, allowing for small heals for mercs, operatives, etc allows for the force using healers to heal MTs rather than the rest of the groups during raids. Since we only have one AOE heal and it is not hotkeyable (have to use the mouse to target group to heal it), it is nice to know that some of our support troops can do some minor healing either of themselves or other dps classes. You are just as much a baby as the rest of us, btw, lots of people feel BW "owes" them for nerfs. So re-roll and have fun - tank and pure dps great!

I sense the old talkess out of one's assess on this one. Sorc feel nerfed LOL. Force users were meant to be the real healers....enjoy killing the game I see.

Complaining and whining......hmm Wonder what you would do if you actually did get a nerf that rendered your class useless? NM you won't have to worry about that because you play an imperial....BW loves them....ever wonder why they outnumber the repubs?

Redcorn's Avatar


Redcorn
04.13.2012 , 12:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
So if a one-time AC respec were to happen, what will you do when the next set of changes comes out which re-buffs Commando and/or nerfs Vanguard? Are we going to see another one of these threads from you asking to switch back?

Besides, don't you enjoy not just hitting the key for grav round over and over (with an occasional FA mixed in)?


You speak the truth here. It should not be a one time switch. It should be open....it will not.

And you speak the truth when you say that the nerf bat will hit again. It normally swings when PVPers whine, and this is why a PVP/PVE MMORPG is ****ed from the start of design and the reason I quit MMORPG games previously. Foolish me I thought it might be different with BW. That is my fault.

I am much better off playing in an enclosed game system where the rules of the game do not change at the whim of a community or developer.

Redcorn's Avatar


Redcorn
04.13.2012 , 12:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KrittaB View Post
That's not how this works. Commando and Vanguard are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CLASSES. They fill different roles. The only thing they share is a story line.

That's how Bioware views it, and that's how rational people view it. Feel free to continue insulting me if it helps ease the pain though.

What is the different role between a commando DPS and a vanguard DPS?.....um Bueller....Bueller....

Karaiblis's Avatar


Karaiblis
04.13.2012 , 12:41 PM | #18
You can go back and forth between betrayals in EQ2 as much as you want. There's no "one time" epic quest, tho the quest was a decent time investment for several years. I like the option being available, and liked that it took effort, time, inconveniences to your character, and penalties to overcome when you were done.

I don't think ToR is set up to offer anything like it, there aren't any quests in game, even for the biggest ones, that would compare to that grind; and making it easy... well, actually, why not make it easy? I guess I'm just being elitist. Is there really a reason not to allow it, other than they said they will not allow it, at one point in time?
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

Redcorn's Avatar


Redcorn
04.13.2012 , 12:52 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
You can go back and forth between betrayals in EQ2 as much as you want. There's no "one time" epic quest, tho the quest was a decent time investment for several years. I like the option being available, and liked that it took effort, time, inconveniences to your character, and penalties to overcome when you were done.

I don't think ToR is set up to offer anything like it, there aren't any quests in game, even for the biggest ones, that would compare to that grind; and making it easy... well, actually, why not make it easy? I guess I'm just being elitist. Is there really a reason not to allow it, other than they said they will not allow it, at one point in time?

This game being easy is probably the best retort to my QQ. It doesn't really take any time to go from 1 to 50 in this game so where is the great offense to the commando nerf? I guess I just learn to like my toons too much.

For all those that take joy in the commando ruination I can only wish the same to any toon you love to play.

SalBasss's Avatar


SalBasss
04.13.2012 , 12:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Redcorn View Post
This game being easy is probably the best retort to my QQ. It doesn't really take any time to go from 1 to 50 in this game so where is the great offense to the commando nerf? I guess I just learn to like my toons too much.

For all those that take joy in the commando ruination I can only wish the same to any toon you love to play.
I mean your best bet is to play through the game easymode with another toon to 50, and then you have two characters to play with in the event one of them gets nerfed. It's the way I personally have always played in MMOs and leads me happy regardless of balancing changes, and it helps to be an above average all around player, just not "omg ub3r el1te" at anything (which is just fine with me).