Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Must accept nerfs...then let us change AC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Must accept nerfs...then let us change AC

Redcorn
04.13.2012 , 09:52 AM | #1
Yep, I am a QQ commando. You know, the AC that was ripped apart and BW did not even have the decency to refund their talent points. Well after the nerf, ****, *****-slap my commando has become my bank mule.

In response my threads have been closed for lack of constructiveness. People from other classes and ACs have told me to LTP, quit being a baby, and the ever present 'nerfs are part of the balancing in MMORPGs'.

Well here is some constructiveness. Forget giving me back my talent points....since DPS and healing are screwed for the trooper commando why won't BW allow me to change my AC. I will go to Vanguard and be happy. Well, happy until you rip the heart out of that ac too.

killmaimburn
04.13.2012 , 10:23 AM | #2
DPS and Healing are not screwed. Seriously relearn the class, it's not as bad as you've heard. Just because they changed what you knew, doesn't mean its gimp. Commando dps are still high volume dps. If you want to pvp I would suggest the fire spec for the mobility and fact that you can kite people without LOS issues. The way gunnery is set up now is the way I used my arsenal bh back when that was my main, you're using your gun more because you get more procs. In a longstanding fight you'll still build up the heat stacks, but alot more of your dmg has shifted to your actual weapons.

Redcorn
04.13.2012 , 11:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by killmaimburn View Post
DPS and Healing are not screwed. Seriously relearn the class, it's not as bad as you've heard. Just because they changed what you knew, doesn't mean its gimp. Commando dps are still high volume dps. If you want to pvp I would suggest the fire spec for the mobility and fact that you can kite people without LOS issues. The way gunnery is set up now is the way I used my arsenal bh back when that was my main, you're using your gun more because you get more procs. In a longstanding fight you'll still build up the heat stacks, but alot more of your dmg has shifted to your actual weapons.
It is not what I have heard, but what I have played, and the numbers crunched against my new dummies. I don't want to play dot master. If I did I would have gone assault.

Vanguard DPS did much more damage PVP...and I would assume PVE than pre 1.2 commando. The ability to respect to heals made that acceptable, but now those heals are weak...and compared to other classes useless.

So let me be vanguard...what is the harm.....I mean since commandos really weren't affected that much in the first place according to many what would be the harm?

KrittaB
04.13.2012 , 11:19 AM | #4
i rolled a mage, but they nerfed it so i want to play a warrior instead

Redcorn
04.13.2012 , 11:27 AM | #5
No, I rolled a trooper. A trooper can be commando or vanguard. Both commando and vanguard can be dps. Commando DPS lags far behind vanguard DPS and the hybrid healing ability is no longer worthwhile. So I want to be a vanguard DPS.

idiot.

Florial
04.13.2012 , 11:34 AM | #6
You know, I wouldn't mind a one time switch of the advanced class. I have one character sitting as a bank mule because I made some really poor choices in her looks, dark sided choice, etc. I rerolled another SI but now have two identical characters. I would love to make her an assassin and try out the class. I haven't deleted her just because I hope this is an option at some future point.

badmagic
04.13.2012 , 11:37 AM | #7
hooray for class balance, troops have been op since launch. Enjoy your nerf.

Nyvan
04.13.2012 , 11:40 AM | #8
Redcorn,
I play a sorc. Lots of level 50 sorcs feel nerfed. It sucks. Re-roll a vangaurd. You will be happier and the rest of us won't have to hear you whine about how you deserve special treatment becuase you don't like the class you picked now that they've restructured it. The non-force healers were never meant to be as good as the force using ones, that's why they are supposed to be in support roles, alternating between damage and heals. Also, allowing for small heals for mercs, operatives, etc allows for the force using healers to heal MTs rather than the rest of the groups during raids. Since we only have one AOE heal and it is not hotkeyable (have to use the mouse to target group to heal it), it is nice to know that some of our support troops can do some minor healing either of themselves or other dps classes. You are just as much a baby as the rest of us, btw, lots of people feel BW "owes" them for nerfs. So re-roll and have fun - tank and pure dps great!

SalBasss
04.13.2012 , 11:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Redcorn View Post
No, I rolled a trooper. A trooper can be commando or vanguard. Both commando and vanguard can be dps. Commando DPS lags far behind vanguard DPS and the hybrid healing ability is no longer worthwhile. So I want to be a vanguard DPS.

idiot.
So if a one-time AC respec were to happen, what will you do when the next set of changes comes out which re-buffs Commando and/or nerfs Vanguard? Are we going to see another one of these threads from you asking to switch back?

Besides, don't you enjoy not just hitting the key for grav round over and over (with an occasional FA mixed in)?

KrittaB
04.13.2012 , 11:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Redcorn View Post

idiot.
That's not how this works. Commando and Vanguard are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CLASSES. They fill different roles. The only thing they share is a story line.

That's how Bioware views it, and that's how rational people view it. Feel free to continue insulting me if it helps ease the pain though.