Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles?

RWesh
04.12.2012 , 09:19 PM | #1
This may seem pretty insignificant, but why the lack of chat bubbles when someone is speaking?

Vesperascit
04.12.2012 , 09:20 PM | #2
Don't know why it isn't an option to turn them on, but it's been that way since before day 1 so....*shrug*
Squadron 238
Never Forget .! It is for him that we fight! All Hail .!

A Jedi is just a Sith who has yet to realize his full potential

Skillmare
04.12.2012 , 09:20 PM | #3
In beta, I swear this was easily the most requested feature and they completely ignored placing it in the game. I forgot their comment about it, but it was something like "thanks for your opinion, we'll consider it."
Do you know who I am?

akdonkey
04.12.2012 , 09:21 PM | #4
Chat bubbles seem to be the thing of the past. I liked chat bubbles myself. DC Universe Online did not have them either.

Lorien
04.12.2012 , 09:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RWesh View Post
This may seem pretty insignificant, but why the lack of chat bubbles when someone is speaking?
People have been asking for chat bubble since early beta ... at least for the option to turn them on if you want to. And theyre still not in game. I find it breaks my immersion in the game to have to keep looking up at the little chat window rather than at chat bubbles on screen for conversation.

No clue why so many games refuse to put the option in the game. Suspect they have no interest in the social aspects of game... or have no experience with social or RP mmos.
╠ị⁞ị⁞ị["]ị||\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀Lorien-Quin▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Morbidheresy
04.12.2012 , 09:29 PM | #6
agreed. it makes for a much more social atmosphere. sometimes i walk up to groups questing and ask for an invite and they don't look at chat. I've done it myself, I'll see some weirdo standing in front of my character jumping up and down and don't think to look at chat.
Part of MMOs is forcing interaction, so to speak. Chat bubbles are hardly invasive, you can just ignore them, but the easier the devs make communication, the better.

RWesh
04.12.2012 , 09:29 PM | #7
I agree, it does ruin the immersion a bit. That's a shame, I wonder if it's a big deal to code into the game or if it reduces performance overall to have all that stuff on the screen by so many players.

It would be nice to see another dev response on this

Dezzi
04.12.2012 , 09:30 PM | #8
They said it's something they're working on. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in 1.3.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Tsukae
04.12.2012 , 09:31 PM | #9
They said they are adding them during the guild summit. Guess it will be in one of the next couple of major patches.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

Seraphynn
04.12.2012 , 09:38 PM | #10
They did have chat bubbles but for some reason they were creating weird glitches and had to be removed before launch. They are adding them back ((per guild summit)) so it is on way