Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alderaan Crystal Formation-Pristine Adegan Crystal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Alderaan Crystal Formation-Pristine Adegan Crystal

SiThEnErGyFoRcE
04.19.2012 , 11:08 PM | #121
That's exactly what I am saying, this shard everyone is talking about locating (and refining) is NOT used in the creation of the +41 crystals! The +41 crystals creation require you to acquire the crystals from the ghost on Ilum. I have a +41 schematic and TRIED to create a +41 crystal from the shard on Alderaan (yes, after I refined it) and it does NOT work. The artifice creation window shows that you have ZERO available to create from, if you are only holding the "refined shard/crystal" from Alderaan.
"You are strong, my child..... but I will break you!"

RayJ
04.19.2012 , 11:37 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by SiThEnErGyFoRcE View Post
That's exactly what I am saying, this shard everyone is talking about locating (and refining) is NOT used in the creation of the +41 crystals! The +41 crystals creation require you to acquire the crystals from the ghost on Ilum. I have a +41 schematic and TRIED to create a +41 crystal from the shard on Alderaan (yes, after I refined it) and it does NOT work. The artifice creation window shows that you have ZERO available to create from, if you are only holding the "refined shard/crystal" from Alderaan.
I have crafted one of the +41 crystals on my server, and I can tell you this shard is indeed used for those crystals, but must be refined first. the +41 schematic uses 1 of the magenta Adegan Crystal (from the Force Ghost you mention) and 2 of the Pristine Adegan Crystal (which is the refined version of the Rough Adegan Crystal Shard found on Alderaan)
Chief Librarian, Black Phoenix

Sith Sorceror / Revanite
BETA Squadrons 1020/367

Dawginole
04.20.2012 , 12:41 AM | #123
Yeah you are confused on something here man. The +41 crystals most certainly require both the crystal dropped from the Ilum ghost AND refined versions of the crystal found on Alderaan. I also have the +41 crystal schems and can clearly see the recipe.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

XenobiusLT
04.20.2012 , 04:56 AM | #124
Yup, logged onto my Artificer toon to double check.
Pre-level 50 magenta crystals can be crafted with Alderaan shards alone (and require just one), the level 50 +41 stat version (I got mine, a +41 crit from one of the elites in Black Hole new daily area) requires two Alderaan pieces and one Ilum piece (well, technically it's Tatooine -> Hoth -> Ilum, but you get the point).

Screens:

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6053/l31k.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7118/l50j.jpg

Also, I have no idea where the l31 schematic drops - got mine off the GTN for 2,000 credits or so.

M_o_s_e_s
04.20.2012 , 07:01 AM | #125
It is used in both the +16 and +41. To answer a previous question I saw you get the +16 from Tat WB and Alderann WB. The new +41 comes from daily area on Black Hole and the +33 still comes from the Belsavis WB. I would love to see someone come up with a map for the mat farming because it took me 3 hours to find 3 formations.

SiThEnErGyFoRcE
04.20.2012 , 09:09 AM | #126
RayJ & Dawginole - WOW I WAS confused! : ) *well partially anyway..... I had no idea that you could create the +41, but had to have BOTH stones to create from (2 of the shard in fact). Thank you for straightening me out on that. I was under the impression that one schematic took one stone and the other schematic simply required the other stone. Well that certainly clears that up. Now if I could just get Infected Trapjaw to drop the lower level schematic, I would like to create a couple of the lower end crystals for the newer players to purchase on the GTN. I have taken him down twice in two days and nothing yet.

SiThEnErGyFoRcE
04.20.2012 , 09:15 AM | #127
Hey XenobiusLT - Did that schematic drop from a random group in the Black Hole Daily, or the Heroic 4?

XenobiusLT
04.20.2012 , 10:13 AM | #128
Definitely H4 (End of Torvix), I think it was one of the elite droids past the elevator.

AnAngryAntelope
04.20.2012 , 02:36 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
1297, -561
1346, 312
I found crystal formations at both of these locations on Sanctum of the Exalted (I don't think many people are looking for them here, I've only seen one on the GTN). After I picked them up, I soloed Ulgo Siegebreaker to see if I could get a schematic, but he didn't drop one, so I can't confirm that he drops these. I'm now testing the 2 hour respawn on the crystals and I will continue downing the Siegebreaker to see if he drops a schematic.

Suba
04.20.2012 , 03:53 PM | #130
Looted the +41 crit crystal schem from random droid in the black hole area. Not silver or gold just plain trash droid.