Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Okso now I get the fps issue, wth

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Okso now I get the fps issue, wth

Evilidea
04.12.2012 , 02:42 PM | #1
Until today I averaged 75-100 fps on fleet. Today I can't break 40fps. WZ's seem fine as did planets and the same amount of ppl are on fleet as usual. I thinks they broke something.

My Specs:
I7 2600k
8GB Ram
10k Rpm HDD
560ti Classified
all after market cooling

This has not been a problem for me at all since launch now it is and now I feel for all the people who had this issue at launch. Love the game but 32fps with 167ppl in zone is not right.

Orizuru
04.12.2012 , 02:48 PM | #2
Didn't 1.2 come with new Hi-Res textures for character models? Or was it only the new gear that got the new textures?

If it was applied to all character models though, then that could cause you to notice a difference in average framerate after the patch.

Although, I don't think it would be as big a performance hit as you are describing here. Just food for thought though.

Good luck! I hope you figure out a solution.

Evilidea
04.12.2012 , 03:25 PM | #3
Yes there are new textures although I can barely tell the difference. I set em low to test and back to high and same performance. I also fiddled with the setting for how many toons you see in an area and no difference. Everything was great up til downtime last night so BW did something goofy. The strange thing is PTS players reported better fps so I am at a loss. I went through my rig and it is running great so it's for sure a BW issue that I really hope gets resolved soon.

FooBard
04.12.2012 , 03:27 PM | #4
I don't know about you, but I can't tell the difference between 40 and 70 FPS... not really.

Kourage
04.12.2012 , 03:30 PM | #5
High Res textures and if you can't tell the difference, you need glasses.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Evilidea
04.12.2012 , 03:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post
High Res textures and if you can't tell the difference, you need glasses.

^^ This, I have horrid sight with contacts that are as thick as pennies, but if you are saying there is a big difference I want to see screenies cause my specs are good and the slightly better character models is definitely not worth a loss of 30-60 fps. Also to the other guy there is a huge difference between 32fps and 82fps if you cant see that well ./shrug. I am not raging or even all that mad just hoping I can get back the game I had last night cause todays SWTOR is a bit goofed up.

Evilidea
04.12.2012 , 04:20 PM | #7
Wow the forums are moving fast today. So am I really the only person whose performance got worse with 1.2 then?

Kourage
04.12.2012 , 07:50 PM | #8
Mine is worse on fleet, but that's because I'm getting more textures.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Scerge
04.12.2012 , 07:53 PM | #9
I had bad fps in huttball when I never usually do, and my computer is like 6 years old.
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.

AnimalMotherr
04.12.2012 , 07:59 PM | #10
no loss here even with the new textures on high and my setup is about a step lower to yours when it comes to price/performance. I guess your rig just doesn't agree with something that changed. :/