Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Explosive Conflict 16 Hard killed by Millenium - 4/4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Explosive Conflict 16 Hard killed by Millenium - 4/4

Goloan
04.12.2012 , 09:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by swpoop View Post
You do realize most guild have tested this for several weeks?
You also dont get the point.

Usually you need to get the equipment step by step to beat the bosses. So actually you can most likely win with Rakata Set a new operation. If you can farm a brand new content with old equipment in less then 2 hours after release on hardmode... dont you think this is just a bit, a very little bit to fast possible?

known strat + old equip = win new content = fail imho

But maybe i am wrong and all people are happy with this style of difficulty. I just remember back the times when a first kill was worth something and the best of the best guilds needed at least few weeks to clear the content completly while other needed some month for it.

But hey, its cool. I want a challenge when i play, maybe its me

Just to say it: Its no offence to Millenium guild!

sbutehorn
04.12.2012 , 09:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by swpoop View Post
You do realize most guild have tested this for several weeks?
That really doesn't matter. There should be a level of upgrading gear and improving your toons before you can simply clear the HM of the new OP. This shows that the OP is too simple. The new gear will be cosmetic only because it is not necessary to move forward in the game.

Even the best guilds should be banging their heads against the wall until enough people have significantly improved gear to move forward. Otherwise what is the point?

carsonlees
04.12.2012 , 10:08 AM | #13
Keep in mind that this is just Hard mode not Nightmare mode.

If you want to make the WOW analogy:

Hard mode = Normal
Nightmare mode = Heroic

Most high end guilds clear Normal in WOW the first night/week. If Nightmare mode is cleared in 4 hours then we have a problem.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Carson --- Commando

Talorra
04.12.2012 , 10:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sbutehorn View Post
That really doesn't matter. There should be a level of upgrading gear and improving your toons before you can simply clear the HM of the new OP. This shows that the OP is too simple. The new gear will be cosmetic only because it is not necessary to move forward in the game.

Even the best guilds should be banging their heads against the wall until enough people have significantly improved gear to move forward. Otherwise what is the point?
Gearing for Nightmare, that's the point.

Grats on the clear, Millenium!
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

swpoop
04.12.2012 , 10:18 AM | #15

Im guessing you have not tried any of the content yet.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ Θ

Jurugar
04.12.2012 , 10:20 AM | #16
Grats guys.

Having flashbacks to January when I wake up and find out KP has been cleared already too.

I guess...we wait for nightmare? I wonder if they'll put that on the PTS too. Anything cool drop?

Also, why is it that EV is the only instance that took people an amount of time to clear (even considering time to lvl and gear up)? Guild spent weeks on Soa, and only hours on the new stuff? But I guess you could count PTS time too if you want.

Dacadus
04.12.2012 , 10:23 AM | #17
Originally Soa Nightmare was Hard Mode then when it got fixed Mind Traps had 200+k hp not including other bugs.
GM of Nerfed
Dreshdae Cantina
www.nerfed-guild.enjin.com

cbowsin
04.12.2012 , 10:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Heavan View Post
More than 50 hours has to be necessary to clean this content on Public Test Server, and it's Hard Mode
So a casual raiding guild that may spend 5 hours a week raiding now has additional content for 10 weeks. Sounds about right to me.

Btw, Good job on the Op!
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

SageH
04.12.2012 , 10:38 AM | #19
Grats guys! That was quick!
Kreven <Retribution> - Mandalore the Indomitable (IA Sniper)
Retribution --- SWTOR Raid Progression
5/5 16m Nightmare EV / 5/5 16m Nightmare KP
5/5 16m HM Explosive Conflict

GenjuroK
04.12.2012 , 11:00 AM | #20

You're right, but the "best" guilds left the game long ago because they realized that this game will only have very casual raiding content. It's really sad they give a damn about more hardcore players but thats the way it goes nowadays. The most money is being made from the mainstream casual players and not from the 2-5% hardcore players.