Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1-49 doesn't count?

MorgonKara
04.08.2012 , 10:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ViperI View Post
1-49 does NOT count. It's an artificial barrier, a roadblock, put up to hold you back from doing the things that are actually fun all in the name of extending your subscription time. I'd rather just start out with a level 50 character and jump right into end-game activities. They could have cut out the 1-49 leveling and sidequests and instead spent that time designing more end-game stuff; better PvP, more Operations, capital ships, etc. and it probably would have been a lot more fun.
woah really? i have so much fun with the class stories and the planets. i almost feel the exact opposite, that the endgame is a time-sink.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

mordredz
04.08.2012 , 10:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rzacron View Post
SPRPG's are about the leveling, MMO's are about endgame... It's where Bioware went wrong.
lmao no, and on another note no, but your a mad kid so anything said is taken with a huge pile of salt...

Jandi
04.08.2012 , 10:51 AM | #23
1-49 does NOT count. It's an artificial barrier, a roadblock, put up to hold you back from doing the things that are actually fun all in the name of extending your subscription time. I'd rather just start out with a level 50 character and jump right into end-game activities. They could have cut out the 1-49 leveling and sidequests and instead spent that time designing more end-game stuff; better PvP, more Operations, capital ships, etc. and it probably would have been a lot more fun.
Sorry, your personal, subjective opinion doesn't make something true. Additionally, if you remove everything that is not end-game, where is the end of the game to make the distinction of it being end-game? Riddle me that.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Jandi
04.08.2012 , 10:52 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
no i got it, pvp with no rewards.
That's not entirely true, either. The rewards was the satisfaction of ruining someones day.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Captain_Zone
04.08.2012 , 10:54 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindron View Post
First time I saw someone say it I just figured they were trying to flame a thread and moved on. But I've seen it multiple times now. I'm curious to know why some feel levels 1 through 49 nothing but a grind and that the game does not really begin till you reach 50? To me this attitude completely misses what an mmo is. That they are playing like it is MW3 or something similar.

I'm not trying to start any rage fights or crazy accusations I am honestly wondering how many feel that 1 through 49 is nothing but a grind and why?
I have a feeling those people you're talking about were just trying to flame threads. There is no grind in this game that I've seen. 3 50s, a 46, a 37, a 34, and a couple lowbies here. Closest thing I can think to a grind is trying to kill the (Imperial side) Avatar of Sel-Makor solo. lol Luckily, once BioWare fixes a bugged glowing mission interactive for my Agent, I'll be able to get off Voss without even having to kill ol' Sel. Yes, I purposely overlevelled my Agent just so I wouldn't have to face him this time around. I'm not a masochist.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Cindron
04.08.2012 , 11:02 AM | #26
1-49 does NOT count.
See this is what slays me, this spoken as fact, not opinion. The assumption that everyone feels the same way. Ok, I get it for you that is all that matters which is fine. But I've been here since day one and yet to make 50. I know there is limited end game content and I have no real pvp interests so common sense says don't rush, let the game continue to expand. Enjoy the content offered....it's there, experience it.

For you and others what I do is not an option, ok got it. But, that in itself demonstrates what an mmo offers, a variety of activities, constantly growing and changing. That you focus on only one piece of this game probably would be frustrating for you as Bio works to expand all the varying levels of content.

1-49 DOES count, maybe not for you but it does for me.
It is easy to be brave from a distance.

Rayla_Felana
04.08.2012 , 11:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Sorry, your personal, subjective opinion doesn't make something true. Additionally, if you remove everything that is not end-game, where is the end of the game to make the distinction of it being end-game? Riddle me that.
POW! Right in the kisser.

Tsukae
04.08.2012 , 11:39 AM | #28
Why don't you just go play some MOBA game. I think it would appeal more to you than an mmo...
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

Ganrax
04.08.2012 , 11:56 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictos View Post
Why even have levels, then?
You have levels to learn your character's playstyle and skills before you reach level cap, that way you aren't completely clueless when you start getting into endgame. It is also there in some MMO's as a time sink to keep people subscribed for longer.

The reason people say that the game starts at level cap is because that is what the majority of people will resubscribe for in the end. If you spend time leveling your character and learning it you will want something to do with him when you reach level cap, which is why endgame is so important. You don't want to just level a character to never touch him again, that is what single player games are for and MMO's offer different options for the feel that "the game never ends" as it really starts when you hit level cap and begin acquiring gear and other things to optimize your character the way you want.

Some people enjoy leveling, and more power to them. But even with the stories in this game I hated leveling. I've had too many bad leveling experiences in MMO's before that I never want to experience again so I burn through it as fast as I can.

Tsukae
04.08.2012 , 12:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
You have levels to learn your character's playstyle and skills before you reach level cap, that way you aren't completely clueless when you start getting into endgame. It is also there in some MMO's as a time sink to keep people subscribed for longer.

The reason people say that the game starts at level cap is because that is what the majority of people will resubscribe for in the end. If you spend time leveling your character and learning it you will want something to do with him when you reach level cap, which is why endgame is so important. You don't want to just level a character to never touch him again, that is what single player games are for and MMO's offer different options for the feel that "the game never ends" as it really starts when you hit level cap and begin acquiring gear and other things to optimize your character the way you want.

Some people enjoy leveling, and more power to them. But even with the stories in this game I hated leveling. I've had too many bad leveling experiences in MMO's before that I never want to experience again so I burn through it as fast as I can.
If you hate leveling then why don't you play an FPS or something else like that? All it is is pure end-game PVP. I don't understand why anyone would waste their time doing something they hate when that is one of the main focuses of the game.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia