Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1-49 doesn't count?

Invictos
04.08.2012 , 10:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rzacron View Post
SPRPG's are about the leveling, MMO's are about endgame... It's where Bioware went wrong.
Why even have levels, then?

MorgonKara
04.08.2012 , 10:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardsteel View Post
True,

I rather not grind at 50..lol i dont do the dailies,, and very seldom do hm flashpoints, The game pretty much over for me and same goes for WOW,,, END GAME is at 60 O wait its 70 Sorry Its now 85,,, see the point... Another thread started 1 thru 84 dont count lol...
But I do is PVP its simple
Even PvP is a gear grind. Don't get me wrong, I actually like a certain amount of grinding, I'm just pointing out how the grind starts at 50.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Jandi
04.08.2012 , 10:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Even PvP is a gear grind.
Funny, when I started playing MMO's there was no gear attached to it at all. People PvP'd for *gasp* fun. Shocking, I know.

MorgonKara
04.08.2012 , 10:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Funny, when I started playing MMO's there was no gear attached to it at all. People PvP'd for *gasp* fun. Shocking, I know.
Which ones? I've never played a MMO where gear didn't matter in PvP, although in say SWG gear was crafted or gotten from PvE. TOR is a lot different because you obviously need the PvP gear to compete, but at the same time it makes it possible to only PvP to be competitive. The other cool thing is that the WZs make it possible to lvl through PvP. If you tried to pvp at lvl 10 is SWG you were basically a free one-shot kill for a lvl 90 -not even, you would probably just die from area damage.

CEasterbrook
04.08.2012 , 10:27 AM | #15
Some people live just to have the best gear in a game and that is for lvl capped people but there are other types of players out there and people have to realize it takes all kinds of players for a game to be sucsessful these days.

Jandi
04.08.2012 , 10:31 AM | #16
Which ones? I've never played a MMO where gear didn't matter in PvP, although in say SWG gear was crafted or gotten from PvE. TOR is a lot different because you obviously need the PvP gear to compete, but at the same time it makes it possible to only PvP to be competitive. The other cool thing is that the WZs make it possible to lvl through PvP. If you tried to pvp at lvl 10 is SWG you were basically a free one-shot kill for a lvl 90.
I played SWG when there were no levels. Silly NGE tourists *snort*. WoW had no pvp system at the beginning. AO had none either. DAoC had no PvP gear either when I played it. EQ2 had no PvP at all really. EQ1 only had grief fests. Aion had ganking for the lolz. I could go on, but you get my point.

The only game I played that had full PvP system and gear at launch was WAR. Everything else was just sort of added along the way yet people killed each other in games because it was fun with no rewards whatsoever. Most just make statements that are simply false because they are under the assumption that games had fleshed out PvP systems because they had them when THEY played the game.

MorgonKara
04.08.2012 , 10:37 AM | #17
I played SWG when there were no levels. Silly NGE tourists *snort*. WoW had no pvp system at the beginning. AO had none either. DAoC had no PvP gear either when I played it. EQ2 had no PvP at all really. EQ1 only had grief fests. Aion had ganking for the lolz. I could go on, but you get my point.

The only game I played that had full PvP system and gear at launch was WAR. Everything else was just sort of added along the way yet people killed each other in games because it was fun with no rewards whatsoever. Most just make statements that are simply false because they are under the assumption that games had fleshed out PvP systems because they had them when THEY played the game.
NGE tourists lol, you do know that the NGE existed like 8 years longer than pre CU yeah?

ViperI
04.08.2012 , 10:42 AM | #18
1-49 does NOT count. It's an artificial barrier, a roadblock, put up to hold you back from doing the things that are actually fun all in the name of extending your subscription time. I'd rather just start out with a level 50 character and jump right into end-game activities. They could have cut out the 1-49 leveling and sidequests and instead spent that time designing more end-game stuff; better PvP, more Operations, capital ships, etc. and it probably would have been a lot more fun.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

Jandi
04.08.2012 , 10:44 AM | #19
NGE tourists lol, you do know that the NGE existed like 8 years longer than pre CU yeah?
Way to disregard my entire post and just cling to an obvious disgruntled remark intended as a joke. /golfclap

MorgonKara
04.08.2012 , 10:48 AM | #20
Way to disregard my entire post and just cling to an obvious disgruntled remark intended as a joke. /golfclap
no i got it, pvp with no rewards.