Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1-49 doesn't count?

Cindron
04.08.2012 , 09:07 AM | #1
First time I saw someone say it I just figured they were trying to flame a thread and moved on. But I've seen it multiple times now. I'm curious to know why some feel levels 1 through 49 nothing but a grind and that the game does not really begin till you reach 50? To me this attitude completely misses what an mmo is. That they are playing like it is MW3 or something similar.

I'm not trying to start any rage fights or crazy accusations I am honestly wondering how many feel that 1 through 49 is nothing but a grind and why?
It is easy to be brave from a distance.

MorgonKara
04.08.2012 , 09:09 AM | #2
Strange considering the grind doesn't really start until you reach lvl50.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Listerman
04.08.2012 , 09:12 AM | #3
The game began when I started my characters story. And it ended with a nice fat "To Be Continued" for the next chapter in the events to come. Sounds like you were dealing with some PVP scab.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

Rzacron
04.08.2012 , 09:13 AM | #4
SPRPG's are about the leveling, MMO's are about endgame... It's where Bioware went wrong.
Kill or be Killed

Hardsteel
04.08.2012 , 09:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Strange considering the grind doesn't really start until you reach lvl50.
I kinda like to know what grind your talking about at 50...lol..

1 thru 49 that where the adventure meets the road to get to 50 I guess unless I'm missing the point... if you took time too hear the missoin stories then you understand the lore of the game..
at 50 you do dailies everyday everyday and maybe taken in a few hm flashpoints wow big deal... O there PVP haha...

thing of it is they could just as easily said everyone is level 1 and this is the game your acquire your abilities thru these missoins and gear etc...lol and there no level 2 until expansoin..haha,, You hear all the time in every MMO,, well you have not played until your 85..lol Safe to say old SWG was not like that you had your tree talents and you adventure was jsut like everyone elses..

I kinda just dont get it lol.. maybe its a power trip well not until ur 50 you dont know how to play or have fun lol....

that like saying if you have not unlocked A console game secret missoins then it doenot count lol....The real game is hidden from play

Jandi
04.08.2012 , 09:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rzacron View Post
SPRPG's are about the leveling, MMO's are about endgame... It's where Bioware went wrong.
They already have the leveling, give the game some time and it will have the end-game to support it. They aren't mutually exclusive you know, most devs just focus on the end-game but that doesn't mean it's the only thing that matters. Most people are just used to it being that way.

Yes, the end-game in it's current state is atrocious but I keep playing because I see the potential and wish to support BioWare in making it happen. From the dev interviews, they've acknowledged just how bad it is and I give them credit for being honest about it, which in turn gives me hope that they actually intend to improve it tremendously.

Take WAR for example, the devs told people to l2p and that sorcs/BW's were fine. Then later nerfed them, but it was too late at that point. BW is honest about the games shortcomings.

Listerman
04.08.2012 , 09:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rzacron View Post
I would argue that that is not the fundamental end-all.
MMO's are about playing a game with other people through your journey from 1-cap. The Endgame is just another quotient of the equation.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

KurganNazzir
04.08.2012 , 09:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindron View Post
First time I saw someone say it I just figured they were trying to flame a thread and moved on. But I've seen it multiple times now. I'm curious to know why some feel levels 1 through 49 nothing but a grind and that the game does not really begin till you reach 50? To me this attitude completely misses what an mmo is. That they are playing like it is MW3 or something similar.

I'm not trying to start any rage fights or crazy accusations I am honestly wondering how many feel that 1 through 49 is nothing but a grind and why?
It's all about personal opinion. There are a lot of people who only like what they refer to as 'end game' stuff like raiding and they generally (not all, probably) dislike leveling to reach that goal of theirs, but there are just as many people who enjoy leveling, the stories, RPing, PvPing, and whatever else games offer, as well as those who enjoy some of each. To each their own, I say. No one way is right or wrong.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

MorgonKara
04.08.2012 , 09:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardsteel View Post
I kinda like to know what grind your talking about at 50...lol..

1 thru 49 that where the adventure meets the road to get to 50 I guess unless I'm missing the point... if you took time too hear the missoin stories then you understand the lore of the game..
at 50 you do dailies everyday everyday and maybe taken in a few hm flashpoints wow big deal... O there PVP haha...

thing of it is they could just as easily said everyone is level 1 and this is the game your acquire your abilities thru these missoins and gear etc...lol and there no level 2 until expansoin..haha,, You hear all the time in every MMO,, well you have not played until your 85..lol Safe to say old SWG was not like that you had your tree talents and you adventure was jsut like everyone elses..

I kinda just dont get it lol.. maybe its a power trip well not until ur 50 you dont know how to play or have fun lol....

that like saying if you have not unlocked A console game secret missoins then it doenot count lol....The real game is hidden from play
Grind is doing something repetitive to get a desired result, like grinding for gear, which is basically all the endgame in SWTOR has. Sure the stories are cool the first time, but then they get repetitive. Do you listen to the dialog every single time you do dailies while you save up the 360 comms needed to buy 3 pieces of Rakata jewelry? Did you do all of the dailies 10 days in a row to save up to buy a lvl 50 white color crystal for 2.5 million? Do you watch the cutscenes when doing Black Talon or Esseles for the 40th time? etc etc
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Hardsteel
04.08.2012 , 09:57 AM | #10
True,

I rather not grind at 50..lol i dont do the dailies,, and very seldom do hm flashpoints, The game pretty much over for me and same goes for WOW,,, END GAME is at 60 O wait its 70 Sorry Its now 85,,, see the point... Another thread started 1 thru 84 dont count lol...
But I do is PVP its simple