Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meetra Surik vs ..

Rayla_Felana
04.07.2012 , 12:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Also, can Meetra do Sever Force?

Bare with me, I may be wrong because I'm using Wookieepedia. But it says she only used it either without realizing it or unconciously.
Vima Sunrider taught her how to harness it and also warned her about it's effects.

darthkargtor
04.07.2012 , 12:47 PM | #22
The Sever force ability is a very hard thing to do Meetra couldnt do it she was a diffrent thing interibly that allowed her to bear Nihhilius with his force void leaveing him unable to drain the force from meetra, besides they wouldn't be able to use it forever some one like Luke would be able to reconnect to the force much faster than a normal jedi.
There is no Dark their is no light There is no grey There is only you.the force does not corrupt you, you corrupt yourself
Your actions shape you, the force simply reveals your true nature,One does not die, the force embraces you

Rayla_Felana
04.07.2012 , 12:47 PM | #23
They attempted to. They never actually managed it, if I'm correct.

Also, they didn't break her connection in the first place, it was what happened on Malachor right?
They were in the process of it, hence the energy beams latching onto her, then Kreia came in to stop them and killed them all.

Yeh, she did it to herself instead of falling to the Dark Side like the others did.

Rayla_Felana
04.07.2012 , 12:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by darthkargtor View Post
The Sever force ability is a very hard thing to do Meetra couldnt do it she was a diffrent thing interibly that allowed her to bear Nihhilius with his force void leaveing him unable to drain the force from meetra, besides they wouldn't be able to use it forever some one like Luke would be able to reconnect to the force much faster than a normal jedi.
She clearly could and when she was still a Padawan in training given the fact that Vima Sunrider taught her and warned her against it's usage.

darthkargtor
04.07.2012 , 12:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
They were in the process of it, hence the energy beams latching onto her, then Kreia came in to stop them and killed them all.

Yeh, she did it to herself instead of falling to the Dark Side like the others did.
It wouldnt of worked anyway her current state would leave her impossible to be disconnected by that technique + i dont see how she would have turned to the darkside she cut her self off from the force due to her natural connection to the ones around her and beingable to feel there torment as they died.
There is no Dark their is no light There is no grey There is only you.the force does not corrupt you, you corrupt yourself
Your actions shape you, the force simply reveals your true nature,One does not die, the force embraces you

BrandonSM
04.07.2012 , 12:50 PM | #26
She clearly could and when she was still a Padawan in training given the fact that Vima Sunrider taught her and warned her against it's usage.
Is there any known Force-Users that could resist the ability?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Vitate and Sidious had a Dark-Side variant of Sever Force according to wookieepedia.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

mefit
04.07.2012 , 12:52 PM | #27
Again most the time when Sever Force has been used it has been A) when the person having it done to wasn't fighting back ..........B) That person was distracted on something else .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Rayla_Felana
04.07.2012 , 12:53 PM | #28
Is there any known Force-Users that could resist the ability?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Vitate and Sidious had a Dark-Side variant of Sever Force according to wookieepedia.
No one has ever been listed as being able to resist the ability, Kreia states as such as well, there is no way to defend against it.

Yeah Nihilus did as well.

BrandonSM
04.07.2012 , 12:56 PM | #29
No one has ever been listed as being able to resist the ability, Kreia states as such as well, there is no way to defend against it.

Yeah Nihilus did as well.
I don't trust Kreia ever... she is the symbolic leader of Revan Fanboys.

On a serious note, wouldn't that put Meetra in the top 3 for most powerful Force Users since she could do that ability to just about anyone?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rayla_Felana
04.07.2012 , 12:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Again most the time when Sever Force has been used it has been A) when the person having it done to wasn't fighting back ..........B) That person was distracted on something else .
That is conjecture and isn't stated in canon, Vergere used it on Jacen and then conversely Jacen now Caedus used it on Ben both whilst during fights.

There seems to be variations depending on how strong the effect is, the instantaneous version just blocks them from their power, a stronger version effectively cuts them off the strongest variation completely severs them from the force like Nomi did to Ulic.

The longer the time spent and the stronger the concentration, the more damaging and permanent the effect.