Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Voice Acting?

Jerav
04.07.2012 , 01:36 AM | #1
I know this thread has already been made maybe several times, but i couldn't find them so i made my own . Since i've played most of the class/gender combos to mid level range (still haven't really played male IA, female troop, fem smuggler or fem bounty hunter), i wanted to give my two cents about which class i think was voiced the best. (feel free to debate me):

Sith Warrior:
Male 7
I don't really have any complaints about this one, though I wish he'd get into the evil bits a little bit more, felt like he was holding back at times

Female 8
She was devilishly evil and playing her completely darkside made her come across as a complete psycho. But she also does well with lightside, sounding like a sith on the path to redemption

Sith Inquisitor:
Male 8
Loved him. He really distinguishes between darkside and lightside really well. He just sounds like what I'd imagine a sith to sound like. He also is pretty damn funny in some choice spots

Female 6
She was alright, nothing really to write home about

Bounty Hunter
Male 5
I tried, i really did. I know people say he gets better when you get a helmet but god. I can appreciate what he's trying to do but he sounds kinda like Christian Bale's batman. He sounds like he's trying too hard to be manly and as a result some of his lines are a little off or lack emotion.

Imperial Agent
Female 10
Jo Wyatt was by far my favorite and she fit the role perfectly. She's a great voice actress and i loved her in DA 2. All the lines she delivered were just spot on. She really gave the sense of a ****** female james bond.

Jedi Knight
Male 6
He was alright. He has a tendency to speak a little monotone when you're going light side which i guess kinda fits the image of a humble jedi who is at peace. If you play him more jovial and cocky he gets a little better though

Female 4
I didn't really like her, She sounded too school girl for my tastes. I had to play her darkside so she would stop sounding so nauseatingly upbeat and cheerful but even then she sounded like she was too sweet to be someone who could kill a person in cold blood.

Jedi Consular
Male 2
Wow Nolan North, you really disappointed me on this one. Terrible, just awful.

Female 7
I know a lot of people don't like her but i thought she did a good job of sounding like the wise experienced jedi. And she can do darkside pretty decently too

Smuggler
Male 8
He was pretty damn entertaining i must say and I think he fit the role pretty well. it's just too bad his story sucks after the prologue.

Trooper
Male 9
He was really good. Really sold me on the soldier/stalwart defender of the republic image and he brought a lot of depth to the role. Telling a woman that her husband died really pulled at my heart strings and i could almost see the voice actor struggling to keep the stoic persona even though it was painful.

And those are my thoughts. And before you ask, yes I have way too much free time.

Caelrie
04.07.2012 , 01:54 AM | #2
The female inquisitor was my favorite so far. She's got this way of delivering seriously evil lines sounding like a pouty teenager that makes it uber creepy.

coldserpent
04.07.2012 , 02:17 AM | #3
Here's how I would rank the ones I've used. Top is the favorite, bottom = least favorite.

Sith Warrior(Male) - Alistair from Dragon Age/Dragon Age 2. Fits well with lightside, hilarious as darkside. The lines suit the voice very well.

Sith Inquisitor(Male) - Even when lightside, still bestows a bit of a chill to his voice/demeanor. It's not who I would pick for a voice actor(personally, I would choose Simon Templeman(Kain fromLegacy of Kain or Loghain Mac-Tir from Dragon Age), or Frank Welker(Malebolgia from Spawn, Emperor Krulos from Dino Riders(yeah, I'm that old to remember the cartoon and the toys)).

Bounty Hunter(Female) - Fits nicely with the same voice actress who does Female Shepard from Mass Effect games.

Imperial Agent(Female) - Just has that cloak and dagger aura come forth in her lines, regardless of her alignment.

Bounty Hunter(Male) - In my opinion, if you're going to use the same voice actor who did Oghren in the Dragon Age games, I would've used that style and sounding for the Bounty Hunter, instead of having it feel too much like Spike from Cowboy Bebop(which would've suited the Smuggler better).

namelless
04.07.2012 , 04:59 AM | #4
Smuggler(Male) and Inquisitor(Male) were pretty good and felt very appropriate, though it does depend on how you customise your appearance.

For example, the inquisitor sounds lncredibly young and really only fits the underweight/small-fry bodytype.

Imperial agent(Female) seems nice aswell, but i haven't made it past lvl10.
Elagabalus- Sith Sorcerer(alt)
Commodus- Scoundrel(main)

hadoken
04.07.2012 , 05:18 AM | #5
for players I think female consular is one of my favorites matched with a twilek, just seems perfect to me in look/sound

As usual pretty much all the imperials are done well. Female smuggler kinda got annoying to me.

Overall though my favorite voice in the game has to be Lord Medechas on Belsavis. I just love the way he talks combined with the look.

Varye
04.07.2012 , 06:20 AM | #6
Female inquisitor was my favourite, she is an evil creepy psychopath i had lots of fun playing.
Female bounty hunter and smuggler are also done pretty nicely, could be cousins from the way they talk.
Both imperial agents are great, cannot really decide which one i liked more.
And the female jedi knight sounds just hawt.
Least favourite was the male bounty hunter imo, just trying to hard.

Mighty_Donkan
04.07.2012 , 07:10 AM | #7
none of you played female trooper? shame on you guys

male bounty hunter - i liked him, he sounds tough and ready to start shooting on the spot

female agent - great work, i loved her work in da2 too

male sith warrior - i'm enjoying him a lot

female inquisitor - seems right for the job

im playing for the empire for now, can't say too much about the republic at this time

hadoken
04.07.2012 , 08:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mighty_Donkan View Post
none of you played female trooper? shame on you guys
She's no commander shepard in this, sadly. The lines are way too cheesey and forced.

Achromatis
04.07.2012 , 12:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by coldserpent View Post
Bounty Hunter(Male) - In my opinion, if you're going to use the same voice actor who did Oghren in the Dragon Age games, I would've used that style and sounding for the Bounty Hunter, instead of having it feel too much like Spike from Cowboy Bebop(which would've suited the Smuggler better).
Except that Spike is a Bounty Hunter
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

SanguineSphinx
04.07.2012 , 01:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Achromatis View Post
Except that Spike is a Bounty Hunter
Right, but he's a very different kind of Bounty Hunter. He's a Space Cowboy. That's far more similar to the Star Wars Smuggler archetype than the Bounty Hunter archetype.
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!