Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the Sith more powerful than the Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Are the Sith more powerful than the Jedi?

FuryoftheStars
04.25.2013 , 12:03 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
Sidious slew FIVE of the Jedi Order's best Masters/council members in mere seconds, then proceeded to (ultimately) defeat Windu.
Yeah, I know... quoting a year old post.... I just love how the number changes in every other thread I read...

It's THREE. Been well over a year or two since I've watched the movie and even with my memory of a rusted trap remembers that 4 went to confront Palpatine, and that's including Mace.

------------------------------------

Anyway, my personal look on it is that they are roughly equal (Sith vs Jedi). A Sith uses the Force mainly as an offensive weapon, while a Jedi uses it mainly as defense.

Now, as to GL's statement (in these last few posts)... well, the darkside is stronger and as such the strongest Jedi would be one who could master both sides and remain "standing", so to speak. But that's the darkside of the Force... not Sith in general. Sith bring about other things that weakens their own power, bringing them more in line with Jedi. In-fighting being one of them.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

lokdron
04.25.2013 , 03:21 PM | #142
Personally I have never heard a jedi say that the dark side or light is weaker or stronger they only talk about the corruption they are roughly equal the only reason why the dark side looks stronger is because it has more use in combat and has more powers associated with killing.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!