Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idiotic story decision-please read and correct ASAP!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Idiotic story decision-please read and correct ASAP!

Talzed
04.05.2012 , 11:23 PM | #1
I am playing a lightside Sorcerer. Needless to say Khem and I dont get along very well, so I stopped using him as soon as I got Andronikus.

Imagine my surprize when I discovered that I would need to use Khem for the quest Legacy. No biggie, must just be part of the story. WRONG!! He needs to tank Darth Zash-in his mighty level 21-24 level gear when she is an elite level 32.

Even full healing speced I cant keep him from dying inside of 20 seconds-and all hope of winning the fight soon thereafter. I have wiped 4 times because of your poor choice

My options now are either to spend a fortune to gear him OR put off my class quest till I can solo her.

Please end the stupidity and allow ALL companions to be used!
then you have to trade my little ponys for light sabers...its just too complicated really....

Jandi
04.05.2012 , 11:33 PM | #2
Fortune to gear? Go to alderaan and buy the level 30 greens from the "heavy armor vendor" there and a sword from the "weapons" vendord, it will cost like 10k total. Alternatively, you can spec dps and kite her around spamming force slow and lightning, while interrupting the casts/stunning/knockbacking her. Heroic moment+shield spamming is more than enough. Or, if you have friends/can be bothered to ask in general, get another Inq to kill her, other inqs can join your class quest areas.

Guildrum
04.05.2012 , 11:45 PM | #3
Actually, it is a part of the story. But I will not spoil it for you, you can get to a vendor and gear him up, or you can get a friend to help you. The fight is hard with a well-geared Khem as it is. Overall though, I think that there should be a warning that it may be a good idea to keep Khem around for a bit until Chapter 1 is over.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

eldisper
04.05.2012 , 11:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
Actually, it is a part of the story. But I will not spoil it for you, you can get to a vendor and gear him up, or you can get a friend to help you. The fight is hard with a well-geared Khem as it is. Overall though, I think that there should be a warning that it may be a good idea to keep Khem around for a bit until Chapter 1 is over.
agree this should be mandatory warning to keep khem as upto date as possible. that being said i like to keep all my toons as geared as possible.
Order,stength,power and compassion. Join now, New and pros are welcome, family friendly . I am 45 yrs old arrrrrrrg

Tuscad
04.06.2012 , 12:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Talzed View Post
I am playing a lightside Sorcerer. Needless to say Khem and I dont get along very well, so I stopped using him as soon as I got Andronikus.

Imagine my surprize when I discovered that I would need to use Khem for the quest Legacy. No biggie, must just be part of the story. WRONG!! He needs to tank Darth Zash-in his mighty level 21-24 level gear when she is an elite level 32.

Even full healing speced I cant keep him from dying inside of 20 seconds-and all hope of winning the fight soon thereafter. I have wiped 4 times because of your poor choice

My options now are either to spend a fortune to gear him OR put off my class quest till I can solo her.

I had to get a friend to help me, I wiped about 5 or 6 times before hand.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Captain_Zone
04.06.2012 , 12:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Talzed View Post

Personally, I like using Khem, and he's not that bad most of the time. He's not evil. Just grouchy from being awakened from a millenium-long nap with no sammich waiting for him.

That said, the Jedi Knight story at the end is even worse, especially if you're running a Guardian and haven't used T7 since Coruscant. You HAVE to use T7 during the final Class Quest at the end of Chapter 3. Just a heads up in case you want to run a Knight later on. Same thing applies as with Khem here. Keep him as upgraded as possible at all times.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Tuscad
04.06.2012 , 12:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Personally, I like using Khem, and he's not that bad most of the time. He's not evil. Just grouchy from being awakened from a millenium-long nap with no sammich waiting for him.

That said, the Jedi Knight story at the end is even worse, especially if you're running a Guardian and haven't used T7 since Coruscant. You HAVE to use T7 during the final Class Quest at the end of Chapter 3. Just a heads up in case you want to run a Knight later on. Same thing applies as with Khem here. Keep him as upgraded as possible at all times.
Yeah and the funny thing is most people break the "lore" by bringing someone to help them anyway, lol.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Captain_Zone
04.06.2012 , 12:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
Yeah and the funny thing is most people break the "lore" by bringing someone to help them anyway, lol.
I learned my lesson with that! I had to jury rig ol' T7 from the Fleet and Corellia as best as possible. Still hated that fight, though! Now I keep most of my companions up on gear as best I can. Fleet market is great for that.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

VanorDM
04.06.2012 , 10:14 AM | #9
There's nothing stupid or idiotic about it. The story is the story, and the things you do make sense with in the story.

As a Jedi Knight I had to take T7 with me for the final class mission, and it made perfect sense with in the game for why I had to do so.

Tuscad
04.06.2012 , 01:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I learned my lesson with that! I had to jury rig ol' T7 from the Fleet and Corellia as best as possible. Still hated that fight, though! Now I keep most of my companions up on gear as best I can. Fleet market is great for that.
I am so happy I never rolled a Knight, I know that fight would have been unbearable for me.