Why do non forces classes show signs of Sith corruption ?

Pathlight-

This doesn't make any sense. I'm not complaining as it's up to each individual player to achieve the look they want but it seems a weird design decision on the devs part to have non forces classes be physically corrupted by the DS.

but it seems a weird design decision on the devs part

Not that weird, I'd bet a one-size-fits-all toggle for all characters is far easier to implement than character class checks + a toggle for those who don't want it to show up.

It would be more stupid if it didn't. Now, it's upto everyone to show or hide it, if the choice was taken away you would have people whining about it forever. You could say that everyone of the non-force users are force-sesitive like Atton and Mira in Kotor2 who also got corrupted regardless if you trained them as Jedi/Sith.

Because all living things have a connection to the Force, that's why. You may not be able to manipulate it, you may not be strong with it, but you still have a connection, and your corruption will still be reflected upon your face for all to see.

Because all living things have a connection to the Force, that's why. You may not be able to manipulate it, you may not be strong with it, but you still have a connection, and your corruption will still be reflected upon your face for all to see.

A perfectly rational argument... were that reflected in any way, shape, or form in any form of canon regarding the Star Wars universe.

As such corruption only can be found, canonically, amongst practitioners of the Dark Side, your argument doesn't seem to hold water.

A perfectly rational argument... were that reflected in any way, shape, or form in any form of canon regarding the Star Wars universe.

As such corruption only can be found, canonically, amongst practitioners of the Dark Side, your argument doesn't seem to hold water.

Actually that's not true. Remember Colonel Tobin, for one.

Actually that's not true. Remember Colonel Tobin, for one.

A terrible example. He was in the presence of Nihilus. He affected those around him by draining them. It's never even mentioned if he was corrupted or did they just use the effect on him to portray the effect Nihilus had on him. I doubt the developers would make a completely new facemodel JUST for him that looked like dark side corruption but wasn't when they could just use the already available dark side corruption.

I kinda thought this was odd too. I turned off the "show corruption" thing for my Agent. It just looked weird; I left it on for Inquisitor and Warrior, though. That's fine. But on non-Force classes it looks weird.

I understand why they did it, but you'd be correct in that...it really doesn't apply. Just because someone is evil, doesn't mean they should show Sith Corruption. Tons of theories and other such stuff Lore-wise...but yeah.

And wow...I didn't know you could turn it off! I'm doing that the moment I get back. I like my BH without corruption thank you very much. Was actually disappointed that he started even showing corruption as I'm sitting there going, "He's not force sensitive...why is this showing up??" :D

I understand why they did it, but you'd be correct in that...it really doesn't apply. Just because someone is evil, doesn't mean they should show Sith Corruption. Tons of theories and other such stuff Lore-wise...but yeah.

And wow...I didn't know you could turn it off! I'm doing that the moment I get back. I like my BH without corruption thank you very much. Was actually disappointed that he started even showing corruption as I'm sitting there going, "He's not force sensitive...why is this showing up??" :D

Yeah, first rule of MMO's. Explore the option menus CAREFULLY and test what thing that you are unsure of, do. :D

Its really stupid.

Its not even common among dark side users in canon. Ancient Sith? None that I can think of except for Naga Sadow maybe and he was just kind of pale. Darth Bane? No. Darth Tyrannus? No. Darth Maul? No. Darth Ruin? No. Darth Krayt? Just some paleness and eye discoloration. Darth Talon? No. Galen Marek? No.

Outside of Bioware characters and Darth Sidious the only darkside users who displayed extensive corruption that I can think of off the top of my head were King Ommin (who was a powerful sorcerer) and Darth Plagueis (also a powerful sorcerer). And even Sidious's corruption was a special case because it was exacerbated by getting hit in the face by his own lightning via Mace Windu. Darth Andeddu, Darth Sion, and Darth Nihilus were also special cases.

Only the most extreme dark side sorcerers should display Sith corruption. Not every single person who commits a few violent acts, even those who aren't even force sensitive. Its just really really stupid imo.

A terrible example. He was in the presence of Nihilus. He affected those around him by draining them. It's never even mentioned if he was corrupted or did they just use the effect on him to portray the effect Nihilus had on him.

It's not a "terrible example". What does that even mean? It's made pretty explicit that the proximity of Nihilus' servants to him (like those on the Ravager's bridge for example) had that kind of effect. All living beings in the Empire are touched by the force, and just in case it slipped your mind, there are a lot of Sith that "non-Force sensitives" are constantly around.

I doubt the developers would make a completely new facemodel JUST for him that looked like dark side corruption but wasn't when they could just use the already available dark side corruption.

Why would they need a new face model? This doesn't make any sense, so I'm just gonna ignore it.

It's not a "terrible example". What does that even mean? It's made pretty explicit that the proximity of Nihilus' servants to him (like those on the Ravager's bridge for example) had that kind of effect. All living beings in the Empire are touched by the force, and just in case it slipped your mind, there are a lot of Sith that "non-Force sensitives" are constantly around.

Why would they need a new face model? This doesn't make any sense, so I'm just gonna ignore it.

I meant that does it explicitly state anywhere that it was, in fact, dark side corruption and just some other kind due to Nihilus' power? Visas wasn't affected by it at all, after all, at least she had no visible signs of it.

It will no longer be called "Sith Corruption" post 1.2. I forget what they are calling it, but, it's a generic term for "I do evil stuff."

Which... is still sort of dumb, because, as far as I know, Sith Corruption is a physical manifestation of channeling the dark side. As far as I know, my Imperial Agent and/or Bounty Hunter aren't Force Sensitives.

and, yes, I toggled it off, but, not everyone else did.

Seeing a DS 5 Bounty Hunter that looks like Palpatine in cut scenes just... BUGS me.