Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why do people think that finding a guild would resolve the "community problem"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
why do people think that finding a guild would resolve the "community problem"?

YouYongku
04.05.2012 , 12:31 AM | #1
Even you can find a guild, if you are not well equipped (with 18k HP and above), you will get a special treatment from your members.

Since the members here always reference WOW, I shall too.

When you join their guild, they'll ask you to get to max level to play with them.
When you hit the max level, they'll ask you to quickly get your item level higher to play heroics together.
When you reach the item level, they'll ask you to quickly be fully equipped with all the heroics item before they play with you.
And when you do, they tell you that you have no raiding experience with them, go get some

Similarly here, very seldom would the guildies wanna play with you if your HP is not their desired amount.

Ninjas and angsty people will cease to exist regardless of any game and generation.

Darth_Moonshadow
04.05.2012 , 12:34 AM | #2
If you join my guild, we only have one rule:

What happens on Nar Shadaa, STAYS on Nar Shadaa.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

ConradLionhart
04.05.2012 , 12:35 AM | #3
Not all guilds are like that. That guild type you describe sounds more like endgame raiding guilds, where they rightfully require you to be at the very best for endgame progression. If you cannot, then what are you doing in that guild?

You should join a casual/social guild if you want a more laidback atmosphere. Or find a guild of like-minded people.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

PalawaJoko
04.05.2012 , 12:36 AM | #4
Looks like it's time for a guild change. Trust me there are way nicer guilds than that. If your guild is full of jerks don't waste time with them coz they're not worth it.
..{⋤⋥}_________+
../ΞΞ/‾|└‾⌋_/\∏∏∏/
./Ξ/
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

grfu
04.05.2012 , 12:36 AM | #5
Then I would certainly not be allowed entrance into any guilds you frequent, as my hp is not that high. However, my crit and surge are through the roof. What can I say? I hit like a truck.

Shingara
04.05.2012 , 12:38 AM | #6
I think that your just a little down in the dumps, not all guilds are like this. And the general few that are either become largly ignored or there egos get to them and they think they own the server, generally not a good type of guild to be in unless its an actual sponsored or world ranking/mature endgame only guild where that type of thing is expected and you should expect it.

There are plenty of guilds that are just socail hubs and end up being basically extended family to you and forging lifelong friendships even between people who shall never meet face to face.

But if you cannot find a guild that suits you then you can always create a guild, as such you will enhance the guild based on how you want the atmosphere to be like within it, you have the power to add and remove people, to set officers who you feel are a good example of what players in the guild should be like.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Jonnara
04.05.2012 , 12:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by YouYongku View Post
Even you can find a guild, if you are not well equipped (with 18k HP and above), you will get a special treatment from your members.

Since the members here always reference WOW, I shall too.

When you join their guild, they'll ask you to get to max level to play with them.
When you hit the max level, they'll ask you to quickly get your item level higher to play heroics together.
When you reach the item level, they'll ask you to quickly be fully equipped with all the heroics item before they play with you.
And when you do, they tell you that you have no raiding experience with them, go get some

Similarly here, very seldom would the guildies wanna play with you if your HP is not their desired amount.

Ninjas and angsty people will cease to exist regardless of any game and generation.
Sucks to be with your guild than.

I joined my guild during the guild launch on this website but they rolled on republic and i leveled a sith to 50 first.

So by the time i played on republic they all geared already but within a week of my Jedi getting to 50 i got taken in to HM Ops.

They showed me around and they try to get me as much gear as possible now i am almost fully rakata(missing boots and chest) and have a place in the raid/Ops lineup.

Bhaers
04.05.2012 , 12:48 AM | #8
Sometimes you run across the bad guild like you describe OP.

Just quit it and keep looking. Gradually build up a list of questions you can ask the recruiter to help you stop wasting your time.

1. Are you a casual/Raiding/RP guild
2. Do you accept players who are less than max level
3. Do you prefer PvP or PvE or a mix
4. Is your guild chat sexy, adult, full of swearing, family friendly, firty and so on.
5. Do you require attendance at events
6. Is the guild active
7. Do you help people level or are you hands off

and so on.

People who accept an invite without asking basic question will take a lot longer to find the perfect guild for them, but even they will find one eventually. Speed it up. think about what you want and ask before you accept the invite.

Based on what you say though, ask for a "casual guild with aspirations of raiding and doing end game content" when you ask.
An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively. - HH Dalai Lama

Fredcat
04.05.2012 , 12:49 AM | #9
You must only play with teen agers, I've never met anyone like that. That being said everything you listed is EASY in this game. This is the easiest MMO ever, no doubt...

Jandi
04.05.2012 , 12:53 AM | #10
Because there are good guilds, bad guilds and then there are guilds that you describe. I'm a hardcore raider with no life, I want people to pull their weight and be the best they can be but I don't expect it of anyone, nor would I demand it. Before the guild I was with died out due to boredom, we had 2 "main" raid groups and alt/other group, which I ran on the side with my own alts and new people/people who just dinged/alts could sign up and we would do normal mode ops without ANY gear requirements or experience requirements. We had a strong tank and 1 good healer, the rest was completely irrelevant and we did fine.

Once people WANTED to raid in the nightmare groups, and had decent gear, they would be put into the list and both leaders took their choices. If you weren't in, you would be next week if the composition allowed it. None was told to do anything and nothing was expected of anyone. As long as you reasonably pulled your weight, you would be welcome.