Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why u no Teamwork?

dreaddoomed
04.03.2012 , 11:52 AM | #21
I see little groups or chat anywhere other than fleet. I think some is due to the sucsess of guilds and voice chat. Nobody needs to off cuz they have lots of guildies and if they want to talk its in box vent or whatever.
Some is just do to lack of needing to group to complete things and "professional gamers" as I call them don't want to be slowed down by pesky group chat or help.

Good or bad I think this is the new way. Just my op.

Iceian
04.03.2012 , 12:15 PM | #22
I hope more than anything that this is not the "New Trend" in MMO's, I fear if it is I might quit playing them all together. If so-called "professional gamers" want to waste their time being self righteous shmucks that don't play along with anyone properly. Then I say that the lot of them go find a new game to play, perhaps something like CoD. ooooo or even better, designate a bunch of servers for just those types of people. Leave us with the players that ACTUALLY want to team up.

Psychocath
04.03.2012 , 12:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by portichae View Post
Hey now, just because we prefer to solo the content doesn't mean we're antisocial. Believe it or not some people play games for their own entertainment.

Besides it isn't our fault they made KOTOR 2 a MMO.
I'm more talking about the people who just abstractly don't talk at all in chat channels. It really kills the mood when you've got a planetful of players and it's dead silent.

And yes, it's nice to just do your own thing for a while on an MMO without being heckled to do quests, but then if you're not going to utilize the actual multiplayer aspects at all and group together to tackle some tough quests then what's the point of you paying the subscription fee? It's like if I were to say 'Hey, I'll buy this multiplayer-only FPS and play the LAN all by myself because I like the franchise tacked onto it', it's ultimately redundant.
That's no moon.

I fought the CE and the CE won.

RebelWeasel
04.03.2012 , 12:32 PM | #24
To be fair, once you've heard the same conversation through three alts, do you really want to waste your precious gaming time listening to it all over again just to level up?

For my first and usually second time in a quest series, I listen to the voice acted parts and read it and get into it and go with the rpg flow of the game. By the time I leveled my 8th character through Ord Mantell, the repeated long-winded conversations, and even worse the parts where my character says the exact same lines they say in a third of ALL conversations it starts to feel like nails on a chalkboard to me.

The voice acting is great first couple play through's in each planet but after that it just bores me to tears. I'm so sick of "so where do I come into this" and a few other lines that my smuggler repeats nauseatingly often, and after leveling 8 Smugglers over beta and ega through Ord Mantel, well, I gotta skip it because it really isn't that great.

When I get in a group with other players I let them set the pace. I've gone through the entire Esseles with people who RP'd the entire way with long pauses and breaks and I was cool with that, then I've gone through on power runs to get social points or light/dark points or gear, and I'm OK with that too.

So the biggest shame really is people who can't be flexible or compromise. For me having people to team with is more important. If I'm power leveling I do that alone at my pace. Otherwise it's totally different ballgame. I think the "professional gamers" previous posters refer to are power levelers who skip content in order to reach the challenging end game stuff or to pvp.

I'm ok with that playstyle, and with them sharing my server, but it's another reason I don't team up too often because my explorer type playstyle that searches behind every rock for a chest or lore item tends to frustrate the heck out of most people rofl. This is also why I stick to only 2 main mirrored characters at a time to level up and my highest level character is still only level 32. But I can tell you, I have left no flower unexamined on Balmorra!!
My curiosity is stronger than your security measure.
Game Revolution Radio

GreySix
04.03.2012 , 12:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceian View Post
Why the **** doesn't anyone like teaming up in this game? I come from a fairly populated server (The Shadowlands) and it seems that out of the 20 to 25 people on any given planet I'm on I am the only one with an LFG message.
So the question stands. WHY U NO TEAMWORK SWTOR?
Brother, I've got to be honest: I'd rather this game were not a massive multiplayer game, but rather a game just I and my wife to play together on. Even so, if somebody asked me to team up, I'll consider it - and have once or twice.

Englez
04.03.2012 , 03:58 PM | #26
It's not just this game, it's pretty much every game. Also the social rewards are fairly lame, and for the most part grouping in this game slows your leveling progress down. So people generally don't bother. And those that do, group in guild.

TheBigDRC
04.03.2012 , 05:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychocath View Post
As a matter of fact, yes! And in my honest opinion, it's still THE most inaccessible MMO community out there due to the fact that nobody bloody talks to one another in-game and the more active guilds had completely ridiculous 'entry requirements'. No hope for small talk that wasn't peppered with stat-jargon outside of the forums, and on the forums there's still epic QQ over Pandas. It's a damn shame too because I actually enjoy the game insofar as the lore and combat, just hate the attitudes of the players and their lack of drive to partake in some fun co-op with people outside their tight-knit cliques.

Community without real communication? Madness.
Oh they talk, just about things we've all dealt with and heard in high school.
The very moment someone says LFG for dungeon, one of three things happen:

1) General chat becomes as silent as a grave (loved saying LFG for that reason alone)
2) Everyone jumps down the poor fellow's throat, calling them names or other expressions that are exceptionally vulgar and end it with "Use the *********** tool! That's what it's there for!"
3) Someone goes on about how they soloed said dungeon regardless of the fact that said person asking is at level of dungeon or undergeared compared to the pompous dimwit.

Ah, the days of WoW.

But yeah, it seems today's MMO community for the most part, wants nothing to do with. . . well, community.
Granted the way things are handled doesn't help matters much, but I still have hope.
Best way to interrogate a Jedi? Send in the stripper!

Chantrea
04.03.2012 , 06:22 PM | #28
I rarely accept grouping/flashpoint invites, but that's only because I get interrupted a lot and do not want to be dead weight, or I always seem to get invites right before I'm ready to log off or am just finishing up.

I do try to respond encouragingly and politely when someone asks though, I appreciate the offers even if I can't accept. I generally don't invite people (unless there's a group of people in line and we are having to wait FOREVER for some boss to respawn, ect.) because there have been many times where people have been very rude on other MMOs and I don't like to be yelled at.

It is fun to meet new people though. Even if it "messes up" I'm almost always amused by PUGing, unless the people are just horribly mean. I think given how much trashtalking people see on other game forums though it can be intimidating. I feel safe tanking or healing for my guild, since no one is going to scream about my performance and treat me like dirt if I mess up (though they may offer some suggestions, which is great!). I have never been screamed at in a PUG, but I have seen people be horrible on boards and naming names, and while I don't *think* my performance would ever be that bad, crazy people are crazy and I don't want to have to deal with someone going nuclear over a game. So...anyway, that is why I can be a bit cautious. I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt though, especially if they're nice/polite over /w.

Kabjat
04.03.2012 , 09:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceian View Post
I can understand that completely, what I still cant understand is how the hell AN ENTIRE PLANET can just fall as silent as if taken by the plague...As if a million voices suddenly cried out in terror, and then suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible is happening.
Maybe they have a bad motivator.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaltom View Post
Are you playing TOR on an Atari Potato?

Bluerodian
04.03.2012 , 09:31 PM | #30
My reason is that I'm an angry, bitter, jaded individual where MMOs are concerned (Not outside of gaming, thankfully) and have been burned by people one too many times to be anything but asocial.

Pity really, I used to be one of the friendliest shaman puttering through LOIO.
Sarcasm is just one of my services.

Long time SWG player from Cradle to Grave. First Kettemoor, then Starsider.